VCR Term 3 Applications Start Today - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

VCR Term 3 Applications Start Today

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:19 AM

Hello, everyone!

Our Volunteer Class Representatives 2nd term will be ending soon, and we are starting up the 3rd term nominations today. You will be able to find those nomination posts listed in the individual Class Forums.

For those unfamiliar with the VCR (Volunteer Class Representative) program, it's a program where players are able to nominate themselves to represent their class and communicate with Warpportal on class issues, game issues, and help us test upcoming builds. It's a way of better connecting Warpportal and Gravity with the community.

In order to apply, you'll use a form that we supply and submit your application on the Class Forum topic that we will put up on October 1, 2014. So make sure to check out your class forum on that day for the topic, and we'll make a brief announcement once they are up.

We've gathered feedback from our VCRs, and discussed internally ways of improving the system, and the following changes will be made for the upcoming term:

1. We will be accepting 3 VCRs per class. We used to only accept 2, but find that we can handle 3 per class and this will hopefully allow for more perspectives and more feedback.
  2. Instead of a nomination and election process, we've decided to allow for applications and then Warpportal will select the 3 volunteer per class, similar to how we select Volunteer Moderators for the forums or our Volunteer Event planners. We've received feedback that the current election process is open for a "popularity contest" instead of always getting the best volunteers, and we want to make sure everyone has a fair shot at a spot. This is why we're accepting more volunteers this term.
  3. Nomination process will be two weeks, up from one week. This is to allow more players time to submit their applications to be reviewed.

In addition, once selected as a VCR, there are going to be some changes to how it works:

• There will be a weekly feedback topic posted in the VCR-only forum in order to collect feedback from each of the 36 representatives on a more consistent basis. In our first term, we would require reports, but found that this was often repetitive when we would not make drastic or any changes to their particular class week-to-week. Every VCR will be required to reply by a certain time in these feedback topics, and it will allow us to gather more feedback consistently. This would not take the place of gathering feedback from the community, as well, but acts as a check for VCRs in case they become inactive.
  • VCRs who chose to volunteer and assist in testing our upcoming patches will be required to submit a bug report weekly if there is a content patch on our ITS to test. If there is nothing to test, obviously the report will not be required. This will hopefully solve an issue where testers were using this opportunity to preview upcoming content, but did not provide any meaningful assistance in reporting bugs. Ultimately, we would want a Public Test Server for all, but before we are able to do that this will be a meaningful substitute.
  • Applying a three strike policy when VCRs violate any sort of in-game or official forum or site rules or policies. The VCRs are representatives of the community to Warpportal, but they are also seen as representatives of RO2 for the community, especially to new players. While we completely welcome constructive criticism in order to help make the game better, we want to make sure the VCRs are not saying anything inappropriate while they have the VCR title on their name. This would include telling new players to avoid playing RO2, being a troll, or in any other way not representing yourself, your class, or the community well. If you are caught three times doing this, we will have to replace you. We understand that there are other players who might try to target and report VCRs through this method to get them replaced, so also understand the final decision is made by the Warpportal team on these, and we will strive to be neutral in every case. We are making this change so that the discussion improves for everyone.

There will be some other changes in how the system works internally to better facilitate communication, feedback, and hopefully quicker responses from Gravity on the issues and bugs that are concerns of the community, as well.

We hope this change will help us grow the conversation and move us towards a better Ragnarok 2.

Here are the specific Class VCR Application threads:

We will accept applications through October 22, 2014, and then will make a decision shortly after.

Thanks,

Njoror

#2 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:37 AM

just a question wha the previous vcr did i don't see new reports O_o are them now only testers in the test server?

#3 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:.

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:05 AM

Community vote was the worse thing you could make to select VCR's, we end up having botters/trolls and VCR's that simply, did nothing for their classes (ex: Knights). Most of the responsilibity was taken by a few VCR's and i'm referring to test bugs on the ITS. VCR's are meant to represent their classes, not to be bug testers slaves.

As an Assassin, i just saw changes after 5 months, that's almost 2 VCR's period time, and some changes weren't what we suggested. You should make a list of the changes that were implemented for all the classes cause people don't trust on this thing anymore, feels like a waste of time.

Actually, most of people don't waste time answering or giving feedback on forums, cause they know Gravity's reputation. Idk Njor, i would apply but the hope is zero.

#4 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:47 AM

I don't think it's really a problem with VCRs, just the devs doing nothing with the feedback. Priests have wanted lower DoTs, judex stun and crit HH sorted out for a long time now but it's never happened. BMs have wanted quality of life improvements for their class for a while but it's never happened. Immediately after the cross impact change, people want something done about it because it's much too broken at current. There are a lot of suggestions being thrown around and compiled in reports but nothing is being done about them.

Edited by 9632130515120055620, 01 October 2014 - 11:51 AM.

#5 Bensch

Bensch

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:51 AM

Yeah show us what were the vcr's been reporting that has been implemented in game. Specially the major concerns of the community like class balances and game breaking bugs.. this thing is becoming useless, waste of time and efforts if you are a vcr. The only good thing i like about this thing is if i am the vcr i get to see the upcoming content of the game ahead and thats it.

#6 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 07:28 PM

These changes at least look more professional since I last visited here and was a VCR (not that anybody remembers or cares).

But the teams really needs to get their agendas together soon because from what I'm reading above me, this program still needs a lot of work from the developer's support, not just the Warpportal and community team side to achieve appealing results.

A lot of work. But third times the charm I guess?

#7 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 09:01 PM

*chains Meco down* where mah Jehoon abs/mus-cles at?

#8 MorningRose

MorningRose

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationCali

Posted 06 October 2014 - 04:53 PM

Note: Marktjco in priest class, and donchan in warrior class have the exact same application. I don't know who copied who but, really guys? 

#9 AikaFuwa

AikaFuwa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 04:58 PM

Note: Marktjco in priest class, and donchan in warrior class have the exact same application. I don't know who copied who but, really guys? 

Waahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha xD

#10 Maharaorajah

Maharaorajah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:49 PM

hahahaha, points for originality....

#11 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.

Posted 06 October 2014 - 06:40 PM

People like those, are the ones that give a bad reputation to VCR's. They just want to win a position to be able to test bugs on the ITS and eventually abuse those bugs on the live server, who knows.

- My question to Njoror is:

If the applicants doesn't match your expectations to fill the position and there's not enough "numbers" to fill the representatives for their classes will you pick them anyway? or will you rather to get 1 out of 3 applicants or just don't have it at all.

Example:

A guy with a bad reputation(Troll/Macroer/Hacker) applies for Beastmaster, and he's the only one that actually applies, will you guys select him anyway cause he's the only one that applied or will you just rather to wait till there's more applicants for that class?.

#12 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 October 2014 - 06:52 PM

Well the application on the Priest VCR mentioned Warrior VCR (LOL) so..................................

who indeed..lol

Lesson:

If youre Copy pasting stuff make sure to actually read what you are pasting.. LOL

#13 MorningRose

MorningRose

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationCali

Posted 06 October 2014 - 07:06 PM

I agree with what you're getting at Vau, I'd rather have none at all than an incompetent VCR.

And yea the copy paste was so horribly done I hope it was a troll rather than someone who actually wants to do it.  :p_swt:

#14 VuoriDevine

VuoriDevine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland.

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:57 PM

Ppl who got caught abusing bugs etc shouldn't even be able to apply, as easy as that...
Here's a toast for some applicants ^^
http://forums.warppo...-dat-wall-jump/

Edited by VuoriDevine, 06 October 2014 - 11:03 PM.

#15 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:22 AM

I think VCRs, should be members who have been in good standing(No previous suspensions ingame or on forums) and need to have shown in the past they can provide actual feedback.

Edited by StormHaven, 07 October 2014 - 03:22 AM.

#16 VModBacon

VModBacon

I made it Off Topic

• WarpPortal VM
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:52 AM

His application has been removed  :p_swt:

#17 SETSUNAf6w

SETSUNAf6w

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Odin ch.4

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:53 PM

Our job is to make reports about what we know is wrong with the game, have you not considered the more we can report the better? At least it's more productive than hateful assumptions. We test bugs to report them, not abuse them. Banning someone for knowing exploits does not make the exploits go away, writing reports about them on the other hand makes the development team acknowledge the exploits in hope for a fix.

2pOzMCRB3Dhm.png

We don't get any live server benefits out of our volunteer work, and don't you think the staff knows who they're dealing with anyways? At least I got the chance to report stuff the entire server has been silently abusing for over a year. Don't use this thread as an opportunity to trash our current VCRs, new people will sign-up for the task before the end of the month to contribute what they can.

Edited by SETSUNAf6w, 08 October 2014 - 11:30 AM.

#18 GarudaBlack

GarudaBlack

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:22 PM

Our job is to make reports about what we know is wrong with the game, have you not considered the more we can report the better? At least it's more productive than hateful assumptions. We test bugs to report them, not abuse them. Banning someone for knowing exploits does not make the exploits go away, writing reports about them on the other hand makes the development team acknowledge the exploits in hope for a fix.

2pOzMCRB3Dhm.png

We don't get any live server benefits out of our volunteer work, and don't you think the staff knows who they're dealing with anyways? At least I got the chance to report stuff the entire server has been silently abusing for over a year. Don't use this thread as an opportunity to trash our current VCRs, new people will sign-up for the task before the end of the month to contribute what they can.

If you truly read Vau's last post you prolly will notice the part you highlighted in quote was not directed to you or any other actual vcr. In his post he pointed the plagiarism in that priest vcr application and is not even trash talking like you say.

So please don't create hate in this topic.

Edited by GarudaBlack, 07 October 2014 - 07:28 PM.

#19 SETSUNAf6w

SETSUNAf6w

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Odin ch.4

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:37 PM

If you truly read Vau's last post you prolly will notice the part you highlighted in quote was not directed to you or any other actual vcr. In his post he pointed the plagiarism in that priest vcr application.

Good to know it wasn't a general statement. I'm just tired of seeing all those "VCRs are bad" posts. The WarpPortal staff communicates with us daily, they know who we are. They expect us to do testing tasks and we contribute the best we can. During my term I saw nothing but blame and complaints in the forums, anyone would restrain from posting in that kind of environment. Consensus and contribution is a rare pearl in this community. I hope those who succeeds me will have a more positive experience at it.

#20 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:52 PM

Going off of what Myrika said, why so much QQ about VCR program and members???  What is the worst that can happen from having incompetent VCRs (or even "bug abusers")?  IMO having incompetent VCR would be no different than having any VCR in a particular class.  Either way nothing would get accomplished and life goes on without any changes to the game.  Same goes for people who claims VCR program is useless and nothing good has come out of it. I have many friends and few guildies in past round and current round of VCRs and the work they've done is commendable.  A lot of the bugs fixed in the last few months are bugs brought up by VCRs that I've never even seen mentioned in the forums.  It's not easy to report and identify bugs and report them, especially when it's being well documented with pictures and videos to go along with it.  Yes, this game has a lot of room for improvement, and it may never become what it was when it was LoTS, but at least the current VCRs and future VCRs are making an effort to make the game better for everybody without getting anything as compensation.  I think that it's nice there are people willing to spend hours and days out of their time to identify issues and try to get them fixed, rather than crying about it on the forums.  What upsets me even more is that majority of the thread on the forums of people "reporting" bugs are lazy one-liners which probably doesn't even help the devs at all.  If you report a bug, you need to give some description.  You have to provide explanation on what the bug is in detail and how to reproduce it. Pictures and videos probably help a lot too.  Going on the forums and calling an individual or a group out with false accusation is not "bug reporting".  If you have an issue with an individual or group, send in a ticket.  Please stop openly flaming people on forums like you guys are doing right now to the current and future VCR and the program itself.  Also, why is it acceptable for a bug to be abused when everybody is using it (Embus, looping Maya, stunning RM, selling colo gear through PVs, Duping greenseed in Chaos… the list goes on), but when a bug is done by some individual or specific group, then all of a sudden it's not okay and needs to be reported?  This only shows that many people are reporting bugs out of hate towards the individual or group because they don't know how to reproduce the bug themselves haha, it's just silly.  The main focus on bug reports should be about the bug, not the individual or group abusing it.  I think this is one of the thing that is great about the VCR programs and the VCRs and all the hate just really makes me upset.

Edited by donchan, 07 October 2014 - 07:53 PM.

#21 GarudaBlack

GarudaBlack

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:49 PM

Good to know it wasn't a general statement. I'm just tired of seeing all those "VCRs are bad" posts. The WarpPortal staff communicates with us daily, they know who we are. They expect us to do testing tasks and we contribute the best we can. During my term I saw nothing but blame and complaints in the forums, anyone would restrain from posting in that kind of environment. Consensus and contribution is a rare pearl in this community. I hope those who succeeds me will have a more positive experience at it.

Well, I belive community knows who make contributions and who are in this progam to get any sort of privilege (well, at least I notice who is really doing something).

About the hate and complains... Is hard to say that Myrica, but this will be always part of vcr progam. In my opinion is not because of a group or other motivation, but is the expectation people create to fix things and make the game resemble or bring back the experience of LoTS.

Something very important you don't seen in Njoror rules to apply for a vcr position is you need to know how to deal with public. Because in a way or another you are doing the job of a community manager in comununicate with public. And this happen when you post a bug report or gather other players feedback.

So for those who want apply for this, please think if you really are able to endure all the requiriments and a little more.

#22 ChocoVivi

ChocoVivi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:56 PM

I don't see a problem with bug abusers being VCRs/Bug testers as long as they report what they find and refrain from using it on live server. I mean, at least their talents can have some good use -_- .

But botters, on the other hand, should not be allowed to apply tho.

Edited by ChocoVivi, 07 October 2014 - 10:37 PM.

#23 MorningRose

MorningRose

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationCali

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:13 PM

I don't see what you guys are talking about anywhere in this thread. Yes the VCR program may have a bad rep, and yes many people hate on them, but nowhere is that found here. The only thing that was looked down on here is abusers. The only thing that's being hated on here are people who don't think about the community and only think about themselves. If you're not an abuser, you have nothing to feel defensive about. I know it's a lot of hard work being a VCR trust me. I really appreciate the VCRs that put effort in to be helpful. What I don't appreciate are people who take it lightly and copy another person's application...  :p_err:

Edited by MorningRose, 07 October 2014 - 10:13 PM.

#24 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:25 PM

I don't see what you guys are talking about anywhere in this thread. Yes the VCR program may have a bad rep, and yes many people hate on them, but nowhere is that found here. The only thing that was looked down on here is abusers. The only thing that's being hated on here are people who don't think about the community and only think about themselves. If you're not an abuser, you have nothing to feel defensive about. I know it's a lot of hard work being a VCR trust me. I really appreciate the VCRs that put effort in to be helpful. What I don't appreciate are people who take it lightly and copy another person's application...  :p_err:

+1

Is probably personal stuff, all the time i write about VCR's some people feel offended. Even when my guild leader and two councils are/were VCR's and helped alot so, i don't generalize VCR's there are some really good VCR's around and some really bad/non existance ones.

Edited by Vau, 07 October 2014 - 10:30 PM.

#25 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:25 PM

The problems aren't with the VCR program itself, it's with the bug abusers. Bugs or rather "features" in the game are reported and are abused regardless.
The program itself has it's own problems where feedback isn't being considered and devs seem to push out stuff that is a bit off from what community wants. If you want to register for VCR go right ahead, just be warned that whatever feedback you give the devs, it most likely will not be considered based on past results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users