#1 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:34 AM

Hello, everyone!

We are starting the application process for Term 3 of the VCRs. For those unaware, I've outlined the changes that are occurring with term three here.

The application has changed a little to allow for more conversation from those interested in becoming a VCR.

We will be accepting three VCRs from each class this term, so feel free to apply if you want to become a representative of the community to Warpportal and Gravity.

For this term, we'd like you to fill out the following:

• Who you are
  • What you are looking for in Ragnarok 2 and/or the VCR program
  • What you have to offer as a VCR
  • What do you expect out of this program?

Answers can be as short or as long as you want them, as long as you relay your message. Please post your answers in these threads so that the community is able to see the VCR nominees.

Application process will end on October 22, 2014.

Thanks!

#2 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 October 2014 - 10:42 PM

Who you are

Hello, I am donchan, the best (and cutest) ML30 warrior on Odin <3 :3

What you are looking for in Ragnarok 2 and/or the VCR program

Out of the game itself, I don't have anything particular I'm looking for. Long as a game is fun, I'll at least give it a try. I strongly believe with online games, majority of what makes the game entertaining is not the game itself, but the players and the community, and this game has a great one. If it wasn't for my friends and my guildies I probably would've lost interest in this game a long time ago.

As for what I want to get out of the VCR program, I have no idea tbh lol. Most VCRs in the past has very little to say or nothing nice at all to say about the program. My main interest is to join the program myself and experience it instead of going off of others opinions. If it turns out to not be great, I got nothing to lose. If it turns out to be great and I get something out of it, or even better, possibly contribute to it then why not give it a shot? I really like this game, but this game definitely has a lot of room for improvement, If I can be of any assistance in improving this game then it would only benefit me and my friends. Like I have mentioned already, the players are what makes the game. I would like to use the VCR program as an opportunity to meet other players outside of my guild as well :3

What you have to offer as a VCR

Well, for starters, if this VCR program works out for me, you will always have at least one warrior VCR haha. I like this game too much (and spent too much money and time >.<) to quit so easily, so the day I quit is probably when this game dies. This is my first character and has always been my main. I love warriors and wouldn't think of changing my main even if they were to become the worst class in the game. I have tried every build for this class from PvP, DPS, Off-Tank, Main-Tank, and other hybrid builds. I know my class very well, so I think I can give very good feedback on any issues/balancing. As for things I can offer, non-specific to my class, I have very high attention to detail. I am also thorough with anything I do, so I think you can count on me for identifying bugs/issues on new contents, and on current content as well with good feedback. I should also mention that I am extremely active. Even on work days I play 3-6 hrs a day and on weekends I rarely play less than 12 hrs.

What do you expect out of this program?

Umm, I think I already answered this in the second question? Or does it mean like what I expect this program to achieve for the game/community and not for me personally??? Well, fixing/preventing bugs for sure. We don't want another disaster like when WoE first got implemented last year... or AoV >.> I would also like to see more balance. Balance in this game is almost non-existent, and there are very easy and quick things I think the devs can do already to start balancing this game. I think if this program is successful can restore the players faith in the game/devs. I think by having us VCR representing the community and being their voice, we can effectively communicate with the people that can make this game better.

Edited by donchan, 06 October 2014 - 06:17 PM.

#3 Cantiva

Cantiva

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:13 AM

• Who you are

​Name:               Laurence Duque

IGN:      CalypsoCantiva            (warrior)

Language:       English and Filipino

---Im a Computer Technician and a good observer.

​A game that will have a balance leveling system for those who are working like me and for students.

​I can still see a lot of bugs on this game, and I want to make a report when i encounter a bug.

I want to help this game and I also want you to listen to the voice of RO2 players. not as a VCR but as a normal gamers.

I want this game to have a exp bonus system, "school days normal exp" "week ends bonus exp" this system is for the students and day off.

​Im expecting that the bugs will be fixed. Every Update has a bug and i want to help and look for it.

Edited by Cantiva, 27 October 2014 - 03:23 AM.

#4 jenaze12

jenaze12

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 12:14 AM

Who are you?

Name: Azetin Phillip Ace T. Esto II  

Nationality: Filipino

IGN: Acerha

I’ve always been playing games since I was a child, and I find myself very good at it. Though I played so many games and genre, my favorite is MMORPG. For my Ragnarok 2 experience I’ll say that, I think I had enough to be a VCR for a game I like. I played at SEA Ragnarok 2, since OBT but I quit there because of the fact that our countries IP is banned (no offense) and I had to use softwares(VPN) to bypass it, as I remembered after the AOD Patch.

Then one day, my friend told me that Ragnarok 2 NA Server are now Open for Filipino Players, I was like “Woah! We missed that game right!” so there is goes, Thanks to RO2 Community, So I joined the server July 14, 2014 created a Swordsman (Female), and don’t know if this helps but I leveled my character from 1 – ML20 in just 7days without exp event and knowledge of Master Level. I guess my gamers luck syncs in, always did.

What are you looking for Ragnarok 2 and/or the VCR Program?

What more to look for in a game rather than excitement? It’s a fact that a player keeps playing a game. Players are always looking for something, “what to do!” and when they don’t find any = Alt+F4. I am not saying that I’m not satisfied of the game all I’m saying is “Let’s make the game more Exciting”. It will help the players contribute more in the community and vice verse the community to the players. As for being a VCR, same thing. Loving what you do and getting excited about it, will motivate you to keep doing it. This is my first time applying for like this, but I know in myself that I can do this.

What you have to offer as VCR?

First thing is TIME, I got lots of it “and for 3 months?” sure can do :D

Second is IDEAS, I’m a thinker so I do what if in a bulk. Sometimes my friend and I when we were not doing anything or bored, we just do what if. What if a warrior has two Great Swords? What if the battleleap compounded with ROG Effects? How Bout a Vulcan arrow with Sm’s Sacrifice? But it was just for fun ^_^ no harm than. But here’s a sneak peck of the real deal.

- Battleleap goes slow-motion when slowed like look I’m flying. And I can’t defend myself while I’m on air :D no kidding this is the most reliable skill of a warrior and it does that. Maybe take out that slowing thing, or make the leap faster or take out the leap and make it like a blink your choice. Cause it really hard to target moving  players.

- Bowling Bash in the description says Obtain 2 Rage and sometimes it gives only 1, and not sometime by the way most of the time. So here's the thing, make it a sure 2 Rage or don’t refine it and add the pummel strike skill a 1 Rage obtain. This will utilize or would make a difference from an aoe build warrior to a PVP warrior.

These sample suggestions are just me only, imagine a hundreds of us warrior peoples. Then I can generalized it, and will benefit the balance of the game.

What do you expect out of this program?

At first I got no idea of what is a VCR, and then I read. Volunteer Class Representative, “sounds cool.” Then the details, “interesting, let’s try this”. Expectations are the worse kind that’s what I believe. It can burst your joy or degrade your soul, and it will depend on the RESULTS. So that’s my answer there, I expect RESULTS, approve or not as long as there is communication there is negotiation. As for communication I mean understanding. Lastly, To be a part of something growing feels really good.

#5 Banoleth

Banoleth

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMendoza, Argentina.

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:41 PM

• Who you are

Hi, i'm Banoleth. Warrior ML24, member of one of the most powerful guilds in Odin: Aesir, and a really kind person with an old soul (LOL)

As an old MMORPG player, i've realized the repercutions that a game of this category may have in a person. The people we met, the time we spend, and the dedication that you must have in order to become the best.

All of this things exist in RO2, but, as we all know, they are many things that can be improved. Balance of the classes in PvP and the influence in PvE parties, several bugs, and so on.

I really hope that the VCR experience enhance the quality of the game, bring new and shiny material to the players, and bring a new way of frendly competitivity.

I have plenty of experience in MMORPGs. I've seen them grow, i've seen them collapse, i've seen their births and their deads, and also, i've seen why everything happened. I understand the mind of the player (being one myself :D) and i can relate to any suggestions that the people can make. I hope to make the best experience of it: Bring balance to the classes, test the new material and report the good and bad things about it.

Since i'm from Argentina, my native language is Spanish, but i (kinda) can speek english. That card gives me the advantage of being one of the persons that can bring this comunity closer together.

In a few words, i expect this to be an improvement of the game. New material always means new bugs. I hope to be part of a better and cleaner game. After all, we are part of the same family and we all have fun together.

Edited by Banoleth, 27 October 2014 - 04:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users