Mechanic Axe/Hybrid vs Full axe+FAW vs Full Mado - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Mechanic Axe/Hybrid vs Full axe+FAW vs Full Mado

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:51 AM

I'm debating on a few builds endgame-wise for WoE/PVP/MVP.  All of these have suicidal destruction.

1:  Axe/Hybrid   http://irowiki.org/~...DhqdBdPdQdQ1cH1

You can use Axe Boomerang/Power swing/FAWs from your mado (Correct me if I'm wrong).  FAWs would be supplemental unless they still suck-arse post-balance.

2:  Full Axe + FAW       http://irowiki.org/~...qF3dBdPeddP1cH1

There is no arm cannon.  Your only ranged skills would be your FAWs (9 cell range), Axe Boom (8 cell range?), and ice/flame launcher.

3:  Full Mado               http://irowiki.org/~...dhqdBeqeded1cH1

Obvious. Has anyone seen stealth field used in WoE?

Keep in mind that in a mado, you can't benefit from Maximum power thrust etc, so your axe skills would not be your primary damage for 1 and 3.  I would be using a +9 bellum guillotine.  This thing hurts like hell in PVP...

#2 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:05 PM

First thing's first. In WoE and PvP, aside from SD, Mechanics are not damage dealer classes; EVERYONE NEEDS TO UNDERSTAND AND COME TO TERMS WITH THIS. The advent of 3rd classes relegated the Smith tree to a supportive role. As a Smith in WoE, you will be buffing (outside of Mado) and protecting (inside of Mado, with NB, SF, MF, PB for defensive buff removal and Infra) your allies while repairing their -_- if it breaks, and SDing on mobs that the Sura CCs for you.

All Axe-based skills you get as a Mechanic can be used in a Madosuit. For MVPing you want a HSCR build anyway; Run in and SD, then HSCR till either of you die. PvM Axe Mechs are kinda awful, but we'll eventually get a whole new gear set for Mechanics that buffs these skills so hold onto your Axe build for later.

FAWs are useless. Don't even consider them. Even moreso if you're skimping on Arm Cannon for them, which is widely considered to be one of the Madomechanic's best damage skills (except in WoE, where Flame/Freeze Launcher are better suited to your needs).

Stealth Field is an important part of the Support Mado build. You absolutely need it.

Remember that your damage is going to be atrocious in WoE, even with optimal gear. Your best skills have low modifiers, nobody with half a brain is going to stun or freeze or even get stripped by a stringed Freeze Launcher w/Mailbreaker (FCP ftw), and the melee killer classes can all out-DPS you.

Also, you need a Thara shield and CK in WoE. The second you switch to a 2h Axe you'll get destroyed. If you must use a 2h then go for something like a HF, which gives you a token amount of damage redux. Only switch to your damage dealing axe when you're on top of your enemy and they're in a disadvantageous position. All the damage in the world means nothing if you can't survive long enough to deal it, so you need to default the shield and CK. PB is also a nice damage dealing weapon and a requirement for the Pile Bunker skill, so you should get one of those if you haven't already.

Bellum Guillotine isn't necessarily bad, but what little it does to increase the power of your Axe skills doersn't save those skills from being lackluster. Power Swing isn't that strong and not nearly bursty enough to be a viable killer, and Axe Boomerang is nerfed not once but twice by WoE physics so you'll never be relying on it for damage. Nice to break casts though.

I tell this to everyone but you should also invest in a Bellum Buster. Each hit saps 10% of your target's MSP and at 190+ aspd that's a lot of SP drained in a very short amount of time. Use it against anything that requires skill spam to be effective, like DB RKs, RGs, Suras, and any magic class.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 03 October 2014 - 12:33 AM.

#3 johnnycakes

johnnycakes

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:28 AM

Almrofatlas hit the nail on the head. I just wanted to suggest a few things.

I have a full Mado Mechanic, that I mostly use for PVM. In WoE/PvP he's not a very good killer. Except for Suicide Destruction.

Stealth Field in WoE is pretty nice. When you use stealth field, it makes the objects in your field unclickable.

You can stealth field side stones and emps. When you do this, you become kill-on-site. Attackers are going to try and take you out ASAP.

Mechs can get some pretty good reductions going. If you get some healing items and Repair, you should be able to distract enemies while your teammates deal with it.

I begged for other guilds to recall, just so I could explode on them. Sometimes I would explode on a random person or 2 just because.

There's something oddly satisfying about watching a large group of people drop.

I've never tried to use FAW's myself, the only practical use I see for them is cast interruptions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users