[Resolved] Summons Won't Die When Maximum Summon Gauge Has Been Exceeded - Resolved Bugs - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Resolved] Summons Won't Die When Maximum Summon Gauge Has Been Exceeded

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:39 AM

Can you make summon gauge update when switching equipment?

Like for example, if you have a doctor back arm with a 60 summon gauge gem Glaring Gypsum Round, get the summon out then you can switch back to your fighting gear and still having the total amount of summon that you call out.

Make it like if you switch equipment, the latest summon will get destroyed automatically, I am responsible for a guide in the cleric section, I don't want to give my fellow cleric players a wrong impression that they can get a Gypsum gemmed back item specifically for getting out summon then switching back to fighting gear.

#2 Iazu

Iazu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:04 AM

I think this would be like buff-setting the summon guage right? Kinda like how Clerics swap to buffing gear to buff a party, then change for more defensive items? 

I kinda see this as a bug myself, but also a way to counter the clerics buffing equipment swaps. Then again, I'd never seen buffsets before this game, so that might also be skewed. Input, theory's? 

#3 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:24 AM

Even though this is a confirmed issue, unfortunately due to how the summon system was designed, it is not a trivial issue to fix. We do eventually wish to update the summon system, but it is currently not on our short term schedule.

#4 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:55 AM

Even though this is a confirmed issue, unfortunately due to how the summon system was designed, it is not a trivial issue to fix. We do eventually wish to update the summon system, but it is currently not on our short term schedule.

actually it is a huge issue, 2 extra salamander flames with 9%hp/second extra heal? even without any disadvantage statswise? kk no big issue - 25k hp champ with 18%hp/seconds extra heal nice

#5 Squipy

Squipy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1237 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:23 PM

personally I think that the advantage of this glitch or bug or whatever, is very little and not even worth exploiting if anyone was going to do it. i find myself having to keep the summon gauge gem equipped constantly, because switching out takes too much time if you're in the middle of war.

in cd for example the flames get destroyed constantly, sometimes instantly so you always need to recast which means theres no time to take advantage of the extra flames while using a better back item that doesnt have the gem..

just wondering though, when you switch out of the gauge gem dont your summons disappear quicker than if you had kept the gemmed item equipped?

#6 Iazu

Iazu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:48 PM

OH yeah I forgot you can't hot swap in combat. And summons get nuked pretty easily. Except the judge guy. Can you summon more judge's with the gem? 

#7 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:41 PM

The summon gauge has been updated for next patch to kill off summons that exceed a character's maximum summon gauge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users