#1 BoxyBrown

BoxyBrown

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 October 2014 - 07:43 AM

Can anyone help me out in this field? I haven't played Since these guys even came out. I stopped play Renewal when the classic server hit and now im back on renewal just for PVM/MVP stuff. 

I have absolutely 0 idea what I need to be doing skill build/stat wise. What's a fun PVM/MVP build for Kag? I'm starting from scratch so I dont even know what items to get. Thanks for any insight.

#2 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:15 AM

Hybrid Kagerou starting off as throwing...there are MVPs you can vaporize with just magic and other you gotta kite out with throwing skills im sure Facekiller can help you with skills etc

#3 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:24 AM

pure throw builds do pretty well vs most MVPs... the exceptions would be ghost element... huuma and kunai skills are your best bet... even tho dual dagger builds can reach higher damage with kunai explosion the aoe is too small... its too hard to control the mobs with just kunai explosion and kunai splash is heavy and relies on kunai element ...(800 kunai x 2 weight = 1600 weight to cast the skill 100 times)... humma does a bit less damage with kunai explosion but can be endowed and has a nice aoe and range (the best range of all kagerou skills)... and because the way swirling petals works it targets a single cell and then  expands out 7x7 from that point you can hit enemies off screen or even around corners... illusion shadow 2 or higher, pure soul 5, 16th night 3, and at least earth charm should also be gotten ( i like the skill cast ninja spell personally since it can increase your elemental damage inside its aoe and it helps disable MVP mobs as well)... i started hunting MVPs at level 120 and now at 150 have 19 different MVPs ive killed with multiple kills on each (dozens of some of them)... i can solo to level 60 in ET (bio MVPs are insane)... due to low HP of the ninja classes many choose to invest in getting a Ninja Scale Armor[1] to increase their HP but i prefer the Tenebris[1] due to is illusion shadow autocast... a petal huuma[2] is the best huuma for swirling petals... for dual daggers the best is a queen faceworm leg[2] (or Grimtooth with EA enchants) and a 4x race/size carded MG in offhand... shoes Enhanced Variants[1]... garment +9 FAW[1] with EA enchants or +9 HBP[1]... headgear either +9 Evil Marching hat[1] or airship captains hat[1]... as far as accessories and cards i tend to focus more on survivability vs maximizing damage but that my personal preference... to each their own... i play a hybrid so i also have magic but its less useful on MVPs in general than throwing is (except for Evil Snake Lord)... you dont need to spend billions on gears and cards as a kagerou to MVP... just decent gears will generally get you where you need to go... id aim for around 90-100 in STR, VIT and DEX and have high LUCK or AGI as well... INT is the least important stat for pure throw builds since ninja mastery 10 and pure soul should keep you with plenty of SP...

#4 BoxyBrown

BoxyBrown

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 04:20 PM

So like 100 str dex vit and then like 70 luk 5x agi? The amount of ninja skills is pretty overwhelming for me (http://irowiki.org/~...skill4/knr.html) . Not just for Kag but for reg ninja too. With this build though I could ET/Gramps TI/some MVPs? Do i work well in ET parties?I like the sound of not having to spend billions for gears especially since I won't be woeing. Also, if it isn't too much to ask as well, where are good places you can level along the way and make decent cash (since I am starting fresh)

Would I level a ninja with same stats I'd use as Kag?

Edited by BoxyBrown, 06 October 2014 - 04:20 PM.

#5 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 06 October 2014 - 04:53 PM

i would say in ET parties you'd be likely to serve lesser role of enemy debuffer with charms

ranger would beat your aoe, gene would beat your single target dps, and you'll be taken down faster than a sura. it's more of a solo class since you have decent aoe, decent single target dps, and decent tanking ability overall.

play your cards right and this class could be better than most at soloing things

#6 BoxyBrown

BoxyBrown

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:01 PM

The main goal is just to have a good time. I'm not trying to make a super serious WoE only/MVP perfect char

#7 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:21 PM

kag/obo can't really be a MVP-perfect char anyways

whether you'll have a good time playing really depends on yourself and your prefered play style. kag/obo is pretty much versatile and even if you max out your char you might not be satisfied with everything and end up resetting a lot. too many builds you can try and have fun with!

#8 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 06 October 2014 - 06:11 PM

i honestly have no idea how well Kagerou work in parties as i dont party generally... or i take another proven kagerou with me... they are perfectly capable taking down MVPs solo and running instances for the most part... there are ALOT of different builds you can use... if sakkray is up and running properly id suggest testing builds there... throwing and magic builds are the most common... hybrids of various degrees are also fairly common (tho high level true hybrids are very rare)... the various melee builds are probably the least known and talked about (shadow blitz, blade caster, and bone crusher melee builds have all been noted)... there are PVP specific builds (shadow weaver and devastator)... how you play is up to the player... how useful you are depends on how you choose to build...

#9 BoxyBrown

BoxyBrown

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:04 PM

k well i just kinda wanna figure a build/how to level as ninja lol

#10 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.