Different training grounds - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Different training grounds

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 VModOreo

VModOreo

Hail Hydrox

• VMod Retired
  • 241 posts
  • LocationOver there! *points to popcorn machine*
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Forums

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:21 AM

I was thinking, and this might get some hate, maybe we could get something like a Training Ground map, for every planet?

Like how Junon has the Training Grounds right now, but instead of just a copy and paste of the current Training Grounds, I was thinking more along the lines of, Training Grounds that's layout is based on the planet it's in.

E.G. A Training Grounds in Luna, it would be a snow-based Training Grounds map, with lots of snowy obstacles.

Or Eldeon, it would be a forest-based Training Grounds map, with trees and hills everywhere.

Or even an Orlo Training Grounds map, which would be a desert-based Training Grounds map, with sandy hills and maybe even some ancient statues everywhere. 

Let me know what you guys think, alright?  :p_idea:

Edit: Maybe even certain level restrictions on certain planets? E.G. like how Luna is 70+, maybe somewhere like 70-90 or 70-100 level restrictions to enter?

Edit 2: Or, instead of level restrictions, make it like parties, 19 levels under you can't be attacked, so any level can enter, but lower level training is still possible. Have the players you can't attacked with a white name, or something like that~

Edit 2's credit goes to Radxr and bl0b for the suggestions~  :p_smile:

Edit 3: if you want make training ground interisting, you need to make a unique system, such as killing people and we get honor point or make a daily quest killing 50 people and got 200 honor point ( but make the system block spammer, such as people open dual client and killing own char )

this will make training ground more funny everyday  :D

Edit 3's credits go to xdverox~

Keep em comings guys  :p_smile:

Edited by VModOreo, 14 October 2014 - 03:37 AM.

#2 Radxr

Radxr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:24 AM

I actually like this idea Oreo, and I really want to see something like this in-game, the only downside is, if the community likes it, it won't get added in for a while, due to the other updates the team has higher priorities with. =/ +1 to this though!

#3 VModOreo

VModOreo

Hail Hydrox

• VMod Retired
  • 241 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:27 AM

I actually like this idea Oreo, and I really want to see something like this in-game, the only downside is, if the community likes it, it won't get added in for a while, due to the other updates the team has higher priorities with. =/ +1 to this though!

Yeah.. true. =/

But oh well, I still hope for the best~  :heh:

#4 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:05 AM

This would be awesome, Imagine wars in Eldeon! 

#5 VModOreo

VModOreo

Hail Hydrox

• VMod Retired
  • 241 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:12 AM

This would be awesome, Imagine wars in Eldeon! 

Pretty much my exact point!

The same old Junon Training Grounds gets boring after a while, so why not have it re-made for other planets too?

#6 WH0MP

WH0MP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:23 AM

As cool as a new map to fight on sounds, this will only fragment the community which is just not very large.

#7 VModOreo

VModOreo

Hail Hydrox

• VMod Retired
  • 241 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:38 AM

As cool as a new map to fight on sounds, this will only fragment the community which is just not very large.

Good point, but it might draw more attention to the game if it IS added in and advertised?

note: I said 'MIGHT' - this doesn't mean it WILL.

#8 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:25 AM

Overall I like the idea. It could possibly bring more players to some of these planets. I do agree that right now the player base is rather small for that, but with the right advertising, this could help bring new ones in, and maybe encourage them to stay.

#9 VModOreo

VModOreo

Hail Hydrox

• VMod Retired
  • 241 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:42 AM

I do agree that right now the player base is rather small for that, but with the right advertising, this could help bring new ones in, and maybe encourage them to stay.

Just another reason behind the idea~

Love the feedback, keep it coming guys and gals~  :p_smile:

#10 xdverox

xdverox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:29 AM

suggestion from me, i dont know if this good or bad  
if you want make training ground interisting, you need to make a unique system, such as killing people and we get honor point or make a daily quest killing 50 people and got 200 honor point ( but make the system block spammer, such as people open dual client and killing own char )
this will make training ground more funny everyday :D 
#just a suggestion x)

#11 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:31 AM

You know, there is a quest on Orlo, to kill 10 people of the opposite fate. They could easily make that an Honor Quest, and add others like you suggested xdverox!

#12 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 12 October 2014 - 10:36 AM

This could have been a good idea when all planets had people vending (for those who are right now going like "wtf is he talking about who would vend on eldeon", yes, there was a time you could find shops in all planets, and many of them) and people would easily spread across different planets.

Now, aside from it being a good idea, no one would use them.

#13 VModOreo

VModOreo

Hail Hydrox

• VMod Retired
  • 241 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 10:26 PM

suggestion from me, i dont know if this good or bad  
if you want make training ground interisting, you need to make a unique system, such as killing people and we get honor point or make a daily quest killing 50 people and got 200 honor point ( but make the system block spammer, such as people open dual client and killing own char )
this will make training ground more funny everyday :D
#just a suggestion x)

This is a great suggestion actually, mind if I edit it into my original post? (of course, I will give all credit to you for the idea).  :p_smile:

#14 xdverox

xdverox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 02:44 AM

This is a great suggestion actually, mind if I edit it into my original post? (of course, I will give all credit to you for the idea).  :p_smile:

sure, you can do it, this will good :)

#15 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:33 AM

I propose, we bring back Birth island as a War Map. It's got obstacles, several points, lotta good value on that. So yeah new TG, Birth Island. 

#16 VModOreo

VModOreo

Hail Hydrox

• VMod Retired
  • 241 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:38 AM

I propose, we bring back Birth island as a War Map. It's got obstacles, several points, lotta good value on that. So yeah new TG, Birth Island. 

Birth island? mind if I ask for a picture? if you have one still~

#17 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 October 2014 - 06:40 AM

Birth island? mind if I ask for a picture? if you have one still~

Birth Island was the first place characters entered the world of Rose. There were 4 different entry points to choose from- basically the four corners of the map. The lay out was pretty similar to JCF in a way.  The fairy npc would give you three quests involving killing jelly beans, choropies and the last a timed killing quest. Once you finished those,  the fairy would teleport you to Adv Plains and then your real Rose experience started.  You could not return to Birth island after you left it. 

Generally speaking, no one stayed on Birth Island for very long- you'd either skip the quests completely or leave as soon as you finished them so you could begin really playing. Even among my thousands of ss from several different servers, I could only find a couple of them on Birth Island. These should give you the idea of what the map is like tho.

The first one shows one of the four entry points.

Birth_Island_Entry.jpg

The second shows the center of the map

Birth_Island_Center.jpg

It's been years and years since I've been on a Birth Island but it could be an interesting place for a war (if you're into that kind of thing). :P

#18 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria

Posted 14 October 2014 - 06:47 AM

I am not so sure if splitting the already decreasing amount of pvp players which spend their time in pvp maps apart from PvP Arena Games is sutch a good idea.

Offtopic: god good old borth island fairy quests - took me a while to realise you could skip it easily...^^

Edited by iMatt, 14 October 2014 - 06:47 AM.

#19 WH0MP

WH0MP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:16 AM

I remember staying on birth island until level 15 at iROSE because my friend told me the main land had scary pumpkins who would 1shot you :(

When I did transfer to AP it turned it out it had the exact same mobs :P

#20 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:19 AM

Hehe yeap loved that place, I had a donation operation there.
Basically you would click the fairy, and as the screen loaded, within 3 seconds, alt + f4. you would Dc yourself but after learning vend + party.
Then you took another char, did a trade request, click the fairy to run, then alt + tab to the other client and accept the trade. On the first char tell the fairy you were ready to leave and she would tele you to adventure plains. Then you would birng your 3rd, drop the items, like food and stuff for noobies. then pick it up and put it into the trade window. I did this for weeks to give new players some gear earlier on haha.

I digress.

The four entry points support the 4 entry modes. 

1: Self

2: party

3: Clan

4 GA Group.

It's also big enough that there's plenty of space to host a good sized war, without getting those bystanders involved. Allowing other to practice in peace. 

#21 VModOreo

VModOreo

Hail Hydrox

• VMod Retired
  • 241 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:21 AM

It's also big enough that there's plenty of space to host a good sized war, without getting those bystanders involved. Allowing other to practice in peace. 

This is the reason why I made this topic~

#22 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:36 AM

Something else that comes to my mind, which would, in theory, support lower level PvP, is to have training grounds for different levels.

For instance:

Birth Island (possibly with a map rename lol) 10-99
Junon tg 100-149
Luna tg (according to the op's idea) 150-199
Eldeon tg 200-230

That OR just use the current training grounds but have it send u to 4 different places based on your level.

That would have do be done together with low lvl pvp games, stuff to encourage it.

#23 VModOreo

VModOreo

Hail Hydrox

• VMod Retired
  • 241 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:28 PM

Birth Island (possibly with a map rename lol) 10-99
Junon tg 100-149
Luna tg (according to the op's idea) 150-199
Eldeon tg 200-230

Love this idea~

Pretty much what I had in mind, only a little different.

#24 Rayun

Rayun

Tool Creator

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth
  • Server:Leo,Draco,Pega

Posted 15 October 2014 - 03:04 PM

Or Training ground what could be accessed from different maps.

So even if you are in Orlo you enter Grounds there and meet people who came in from Junon, when you exit you will remain in Orlo (you come out from place you entered).

Would save time going to junon to enter and coming back ;)

#25 VModOreo

VModOreo

Hail Hydrox

• VMod Retired
  • 241 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:47 PM

That's a good idea actually, may I add it to the original post (and of course, give you all credit)?  :p_smile:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users