[Classic] Levelling Improvement Discussion - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Classic] Levelling Improvement Discussion

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#51 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:59 AM

I'm seriously getting pissed off in titans, some rogue just mob dropped me half way through my kill so I had to wing, then some paladin chased me (with a huge mob) as I ran off to try and find a monster and that's when I COULD find some kills.

This crap belongs on the challenge style maps or we need alternatives, wow damn.

I should stream this nonsense

This saddens me greatly, granted I don't expect people to be as skilled as I am with the Rogue, but damn, am I the only one who knows how to mob with a Rogue in general(Titan mobs should be no threat to a Rogue at all). Also wtf is a Paladin doing fighting titans in the first place(I suppose they can use a Fireblend to learn Fire Bolt, but talk about a inefficient way to lv a Pally).

To topic: I'm confused, there are really only 2 reasons for playing classic, WOE(a lot more people can play in WOE, as low as lv 80 non trans, you can be effective, where with renewal, you pretty much have to be at very least a lv 99 trans char), and for the "challenge" of leveling. Leveling prerenewal means one of four things, especially getting to lv 99 trans, you're a guild leader(speaking of which, Xellie, do you have over a dozen god items yet, from what I recall, you were getting close), you abused any number of glitches/bugs or oversight flaws that were not intended, you are a SinX(which are so brokenly OPed, It's not funny, especially the prerenal version) or you "busted your but to lv(unless you are a GC Pally or the before mentioned SinX, this literally took forever).

#52 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:25 PM

you abused any number of glitches/bugs or oversight flaws that were not intended, you are a SinX(which are so brokenly OPed, It's not funny, especially the prerenal version) or you "busted your but to lv(unless you are a GC Pally or the before mentioned SinX, this literally took forever).

Excuse you? I don't abuse bugs X_x I level my stuff the hard way most the time.

#53 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:36 PM

Excuse you? I don't abuse bugs X_x I level my stuff the hard way most the time.

I didn't say you did, that part of the post was a general statement to the topic of the thread, that covers every possible option someone had to lv, in which I also include the bust your but way to lv.

The Guild Leader one applies to you, as well as the bust your but route(since I'm pretty positive you has 1 or even two char at the lv cap, before god items really existed). I have no reason to think, you personally abused any of the bugs or whatnot, infact I'm pretty damn sure you didn't, so I would never direct that at you.

Edited by Zoltor, 18 November 2014 - 12:38 PM.

#54 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:40 PM

I was 99 before god items exist bro. I levelled using grimtooth and solo minus doing 98-99 as a trans in dragons.

The paladin was mobbing for a turn in party, the parties are good, it just hurts casual soloing

#55 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:52 PM

I was 99 before god items exist bro. I levelled using grimtooth and solo minus doing 98-99 as a trans in dragons.

The paladin was mobbing for a turn in party, the parties are good, it just hurts casual soloing

Please read my the entire post lol, I knew you had atleast 1 or 2 lv 99 char before renewal.

However with that said, I'm sure you leveled characters after you got soms mags, and such, but everyone would, so no reason to feel bad about it. Afterall you leveled characters before the God items came out anyway, so you more then proved that you can lv.

Yea, Pally is a great job in classic, but soloing is not their strongest way to go. mobs really hammer Pally type char bad, bad enough that they usually can't spam heal hast enough to cover the damage they are taking.

In parties though, especially against undead/shadow enemies, Pallies are boss, way better then wizard parties IMO, and a million times more fun to play as well.

Edited by Zoltor, 18 November 2014 - 12:54 PM.

#56 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:33 PM

This saddens me greatly, granted I don't expect people to be as skilled as I am with the Rogue, but damn, am I the only one who knows how to mob with a Rogue in general(Titan mobs should be no threat to a Rogue at all). Also wtf is a Paladin doing fighting titans in the first place(I suppose they can use a Fireblend to learn Fire Bolt, but talk about a inefficient way to lv a Pally).

That feel when someone suggests using fire to fight water element mobs.

#57 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:36 PM

My favorite was a priest that got super mad when I told him he should toss himself off a bridge for yelling at a wiz I was in party with to LoV High orcs because they were blue and and that meant they were water property.

#58 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:40 PM

You wouldn't believe how many times I've been yelled at as a Wiz by newbies for using LoV on water element mobs because they thought it was a fire skill.

I mean yeah it looks like fire but still :s

We should turn this into a "-_- newbies say" thread.

#59 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:50 PM

I could've sworn Ice Titans were weak to fire as well. In any case, Pallies shouldn't be there.

Bah whatever, I always Ice picked them to death(non-endowed) on my Rogue or Pierced them on my Vit Knight with a Zephy spear anyway.

Edited by Zoltor, 18 November 2014 - 02:57 PM.

#60 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:02 PM

Now Zoltor, I don't mean to be a meaniepants, but you don't play classic, right? I think your expertise is best kept in renewal threads.

#61 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:03 PM

No, you can have him. Plz

#62 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:34 PM

Now Zoltor, I don't mean to be a meaniepants, but you don't play classic, right? I think your expertise is best kept in renewal threads.

Um are you crazy, I'm not new to RO, inact I joined RO back when iRO first went live, all classic is, is prerenewal, my expertise is mostly toward prerenewal content in general as well(still looking over the newer items, to figure out the best for each situation, plus still trying to find out the finer details of some 3rd job skills), and that goes triple for WOE(I haven't been in WOE after renewal hit even once).

I use to MVP on my Rogue prerenewal, ibnfact I've been also soloing Bloody Knight as well since like lv 80(I think is the first time I sent Bloody back to hell), when I got to lv 96-98, I was killing it with such easy, that I would fight him every time I saw him(Literally in a single run, on top of farming hundreds of raydrics, I soloed+killed up to 6 BKs in a single run. I was even willing to tank it for random parties I would see having a hard time taking him on, he was so little a threat to me, there were times I only used like 5 whites when soloing, just for an example).

Um well anyway yea, my expertise is with prerenewal, I'm still trying to learn the finer ins, and outs of renewal.

#63 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:41 PM

Yes, but Classic isn't the same as pre-renewal.

#64 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:44 PM

Yes, but Classic isn't the same as pre-renewal.

How so, please enlighten me then(aside from getting some new kafra items, I thought it was the same as prerenewal)?

Edited by Zoltor, 18 November 2014 - 03:45 PM.

#65 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:45 PM

you should ask that in a different thread

#66 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:47 PM

fMlXjCu.gif

#67 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:47 PM

you should ask that in a different thread

Yea ok, fair enough.

Well back on topic then, why would people be complaining about the leveling being too hard in classic, since that's one of the main reasons people play classic, for the challenge/harder leveling? If the leveling was made easier, there would be less people playing on classic, only the hard core WOE players would likely stay(WOE is definitely so much better on classic, 3rd jobs really screwed up the balance/flavore WOE once had).

Edited by Zoltor, 18 November 2014 - 03:52 PM.

#68 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:50 PM

Yea ok, fair enough.

Well back on topic then, why would people be complaining about the leveling being too hard in classic, since that's one of the main reasons people play classic, for the challenge/harder leveling?

It's not too hard. Quite the opposite in fact. It's just extremely boring since players frequent the same maps over and over (no variety whatsoever), and prefer soloing to partying.

#69 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:50 PM

It's not that it's "too hard"; it's that they changed some of the maps and we lack options.

#70 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:54 PM

It's not that it's "too hard"; it's that they changed some of the maps and we lack options.

Ah ok, I see.

#71 NorthenBeggar

NorthenBeggar

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:05 PM

Unless he's talking about chemical faiya.

#72 Mischelle

Mischelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:18 PM

The reason people don't party is because they already have everything 99 and want to hunt for money or pvp/woe supplies.

The reason people don't PvM is because they have everything 99 and barely need to hunt for money or WoE supplies.

Here's a bit of truth.  Guild supply boxes are one huge reason for lack of PvM.  The reason why is because with gsb, there is no need for hardcore supply farming.  GSB, like all the additions to the game that have made it worse, is a short circuit to the game.

The lack of participants in PvM in RO is a symptom of the game mechanics itself.  The main reason to PvM is to level, to gain component materiel, or to get cards.  Most people no longer need to level, if there is need to level, just buy turn in items then thors.  GSBs make component hunting irrelevant.  Card hunting is no longer a matter of killing mobs, but just buying the card after someone finds it in an oca.

No matter what buffs are applied to any map, this will not change.

I will tell you that any solution involves finding a new, desirable reason to grind monsters.  An example I would give is offering a player to go from level 99 to level 1 and in exchange, gain a 100% safe upgrade to one piece of equipment.  Then also implement the map changes.

#73 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:21 PM

Riiiiiiiiight

hardcore farming mandragoras or poison spores or bathories or verits was a big deal.

#74 Mischelle

Mischelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:43 PM

1.  Bomb spam and 100% edp was not meant to be the status quo.  Slim, ranked potions you can spam for 2 hours straight was not meant to be the status quo.

2.  Good PvM and easy WoE supplies are mutually exclusive situations. It's fine if you want to take your GSB's for granted, but then don't make threads regarding improving PvM.

3.  Even if those things should be the status quo, a better solution would be to have component materiel drop at higher rates from mobs that higher level characters can grind and be more interesting to the players.

#75 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:58 PM

lol no one hunted that stuff anyway!

bots did all the work! now they dont have a market for woe supplies because of gsb!

1.  Bomb spam and 100% edp was not meant to be the status quo.  Slim, ranked potions you can spam for 2 hours straight was not meant to be the status quo.

2.  Good PvM and easy WoE supplies are mutually exclusive situations. It's fine if you want to take your GSB's for granted, but then don't make threads regarding improving PvM.

3.  Even if those things should be the status quo, a better solution would be to have component materiel drop at higher rates from mobs that higher level characters can grind and be more interesting to the players.

1) you have no idea if that was the case! you're just assuming what you want to assume! can you ask the korean devs what they thought? no! so dont assume! it is how it is now, thats just it!

3) grinding isnt interesting to most people! full stop!

Edited by cybernetic, 18 November 2014 - 07:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users