Homunculus S in PvP/WoE setting - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Homunculus S in PvP/WoE setting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 levincsate

levincsate

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 October 2014 - 10:50 PM

Hi everyone :) I'm new to the alche/biochem/geneticist job and recently created one.

I've read up a lot about the new homunculus S system

Just got a few question regarding it I can't get out of my mind.

Eventually, I'm planning to make a Dieter, I'm just not sure which base homunculus would I use: vani or amistr.

I kinda like to be an all-rounder :P I guess in terms of MvP wise, going for amistr would be the ideal choice.

But what about WoE and PvP?
With the new Matk calc & caprice dmg reduction, is caprice worth using in Pvp and WoE? and Is it practical to do so? (I'm aware the use of caprice to interrupt cast, but is it actually used/useful in WoE/PvP situations?)

I've also heard a lot about how the bulwark and castling skill of amistr is useful. But most of the geneticist I've asked don't actually use them a lot. In that case, would vani be a better choice because of caprice = high dmg to monsters/players, on top of faster leveling.

And if i were to make a sera in the end, would vani>sera be good enough in terms of hp? Cause someone told me you should always go amistr>sera for the extra hp (tank & cast few extra bombs before tele-ing)

Edit: last question sorry xD with the implement of Homun S, is it true that stat growth doesn't matter anymore? since most homun S (at the very least sera and deiter) would hit cap in most stat.

Thank you :D

re-edit: SORRY!! Posted in wrong section of the forum... I have no idea how I mispost the thread .___. please move if possible. THank you

Edited by levincsate, 10 October 2014 - 10:54 PM.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 12 October 2014 - 01:44 PM

Amistr is probably the most functional base - bulwark should be in use 24/7, and castling isn't used half as much as it could be. One could argue in favor of vani for the instant cast skill for breaking casts, but setting it up to do that intelligently requires a lot of work with AI configuration. Damage from caprice is negligible - it is relevant only for breaking casts. 

For WoE first, MVP second builds, Dieter is the right homun S choice. Sera is much better in PVM/MVP, but not very useful in WoE.

No, people go ami-> sera because they want to maximize the end-game usefulness of the homun, particularly in PVM/MVP. Vani bolts contribue very little once the homun is 150, and not even that much once it gets the AoE skill. The HP is a small factor. 

'

Yes, stat growth usually doesn't matter - you can contrive a few cases where it does (filir>sera for example), but generally, it does not. This doesn't mean it's okay to level it past 99 before changin to homuns S, though.

Edited by DrAzzy, 12 October 2014 - 01:45 PM.

#3 levincsate

levincsate

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 October 2014 - 10:25 PM

Thanks for the answer :D

I know it's pretty much the same questions ppl ask over and over again lol, so I appreciate the answer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users