Who still plays this game? - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Who still plays this game?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Zwarrier

Zwarrier

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 10:26 AM

How many people still play this game? I am thinking of coming back to dragon saga but if pop is bad then I wont bother.

#2 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 11 October 2014 - 10:32 AM

I will tell you the truth, because it's not helpful for you to just say, population is good or bad.

Additionally this is a very subjective feeling.

It also has to do with which "kind of player" you are. Are you more involved in playing PvE or PvP?

On European daytimes the population is good compared to how it has been in the past.

But, depending on when you left, it could feel that there aren't much players remaining.

After the closing of the EU and SEA servers in the first quarter of this year, the population at SEA and European times has grown.

This is the last official server which is online, so you should decide by yourself if you come back or not.

For PvP I can't tell you anything specific. I'm not a PvP player at all. There are many others who can tell you more about the PvP aspect.

#3 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 11 October 2014 - 10:36 AM

Actually since all the other Dragonica/DragonSaga servers world wide closed, population on this one raised a lot. Plus the fact it is raising day by day, there are new (or returning) players coming in on a daily base.

It may not be as high as you are used to at the time you left - or - it may even be increased a lot compared to the time you left.

Depending on your playing time you can end up just with some or with many players online. Since all countries and nations now do play on this last remaining DragonSaga server, all do come with their own timezones of playtime. You will notice when people of one timezone log off, people of another timezone log in. 

At time being the European/Sea timezones are the most server filling ones. But because there are new players (or returning ones) arriving daily some more different timezones could get filled.

However, I would suggest you to give it a try. This at least this game and the community on here is worth it.  :p_smile:

I'm an EU migrated player myself and have found my new home base on here. The community on here is very nice and helpful, compared to all other ones I used to be part of in the past.

Just give it a try and see for yourself.

Edited by Fliederduft78, 11 October 2014 - 10:38 AM.

#4 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 01:15 AM

I just have taken this screenshot of the channels at 12:13pm central european timezone (CEST) on Sunday:

chan.jpg

And this is much more than in early 2014.

Edited by VModPopcorn, 12 October 2014 - 01:15 AM.

#5 Teonanacatl

Teonanacatl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:18 AM

I will start playing this game again today. I didn't recognize all the server have been closed down in the EU, so it -_- me a bit up when I tried to join the server one hour ago. There was no connection possible - what a surprise. Then I read an article (by accident) that dragon saga is the only possibility to go on playing dragonica (- that's how it is called in Germany ^^).

Okay, I need to start all over, don't I? It's not possible anymore to jump to 40 when I reached level 5, is it?

Thanks for you answers, guys!!

#6 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:26 AM

First of all, welcome to our community :)

Sadly it is not possible to jump directly to level 40. I'm also coming from the EU server right after the closing and we all had to start all over.

But, however, have fun playing and I hope to see you in-game.

Btw, if you have a Windows OS which is not native english use this installer instead of the one from the WarpPortal page:

http://forums.warppo...nglish-systems/

The unfixed original WarpPortal installer can cause problems when your Windows is not in english language natively.

Edited by VModPopcorn, 12 October 2014 - 09:31 AM.

#7 Teonanacatl

Teonanacatl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:35 AM

So I need to start the download all over again? Nooo! Please tell me that's not the truth. :p_omg:

I will try it once with the other installer, hopefully it will work for me.

Or do you think I should download it directly from the thread you've just posted? :p_swt:

Thanks for your warm-hearted welcoming and the fast answer! :p_idea:

#8 Teonanacatl

Teonanacatl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:40 AM

hehe, only offtopic, but i f*ckin' love this smilies! :p_smile: :p_sick: :p_hi:  They are incredible sweet... :p_laugh:

#9 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:41 AM

If your windows is in german language you will probably get a "Users is not a valid group" error.

So if your download is not near completion, you should consider to use the other download.

Otherwise there is no problem trying out the original installer. 

Edited by VModPopcorn, 12 October 2014 - 09:41 AM.

#10 MoonlightMelody

MoonlightMelody

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationThe castle in the sky

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:53 AM

It seems you already got your questions answered, but I just wanted to say, welcome to the community! :chomok02:

I used to play this a while back as well, and have just recently come back. I was active sometime in late 2010.

It's so strange starting all over again, but I still enjoy this game quite a bit! :chomok01:

Anyways, I hope to see you around! :ani_wow:

P.S. I agree, these emotes are adorable! :p_laugh:

#11 Teonanacatl

Teonanacatl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:09 AM

Thank you!! :p_smile:

I already started playing (huh, how surprising :p_hi: )...

My "main" character is Neelix, Level 33 - wizard. My other one is still a thief, Level 17, but I will become level 20+ tomorrow. A friend of mine started, too and tomorrow we will play together the whole evening long.

The games makes still some fun to me, too. I wonder if I should start with one character of the other race. Which class would you recommend?

#12 MoonlightMelody

MoonlightMelody

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationThe castle in the sky

Posted 05 November 2014 - 03:45 AM

Wow! Quite the level grinder, huh? :no1:

My old main from when I used to play was a wizard, which is a very nice class IMO.

Now my main is a knight ( Currently level 30 ) & I really enjoy it! I would definitely recommend that class. I've soloed everything so far with ease, & the skills are quite nice.

This is all just my opinion though, & I've never played a class other than wizard before, so perhaps I'm not the most expert at evaluating classes... :ani_swt3:

I do hope you give the warrior class a try though! :chomok01: ( Unless you already have, since I'm a little late on replying XD ) 

Happy grinding!~ :Emo_12:

#13 Brian26

Brian26

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:50 PM

Ive  actually seen ch 1, 2, and 3 all half full at one point.. i think its most active in the weekend mornings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users