Magic Kage/Obo - can you reach near insta-cast without reduction gears? - Expanded Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Magic Kage/Obo - can you reach near insta-cast without reduction gears?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 AMADALILAMA

AMADALILAMA

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 12:21 AM

Magic kage/oboro-

is it possible to reach near instant-cast or insta-cast with maybe just a few items like CoD + FAW?

If so, how much dex/int should I aim for to achieve that? assuming the only cast reduction gears I'm wearing are +9 CoD and +9 Faw for 50% total.

Edited by AMADALILAMA, 13 October 2014 - 12:25 AM.

#2 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:37 AM

i think with 50% reduction gear and 16th night you can achieve insta cast, but im not sure if this is how the skill works

Edited by vividort, 13 October 2014 - 03:39 AM.

#3 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:33 AM

nope... a CoD and FAW are not enough for instant cast on a K/O with 16th night... even with dual wielding mikatsuki (-5% cast each) and using the magic shadow gear set isnt quite enough... but the good news is you dont need instant cast to get the job done... the first tier magics are spammable enough that if you DO get interrupted you can just keep spamming until a cast does get through and then use that time to cast 3 or 4 more times...

#4 AMADALILAMA

AMADALILAMA

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:58 AM

Hmmm then would I notice a big difference in cast time going from 60% cast reduction + 30 dex vs 60% cast reduction + 120 dex? 

Or would I be better off investing that stat on something else like Vit and Int/luck?

#5 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 13 October 2014 - 07:58 AM

you can get 100 in 4 stats easily... id get 100 in vit int dex and luck...

#6 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:47 PM

16th Night stacks multiplicatively. That means you can have 1 DEX and 67% cast reduction to get instacast. From that point on AGI is pretty helpful as it fasten your cast animation.

+9 CoD, Spell4/4/4+ FAW, and Spell3/3 RWC Pendant already give you a 66% cast reduc so you could work on MATK/survival gears.

#7 AMADALILAMA

AMADALILAMA

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:46 PM

Alright, since this post I've been playing a lot of Magic oboro, reset skills/stats couple times, tested bunch of gears, I'm currently 150 and switching over to a PVP build..

One thing I want to mention is that you really, really don't need 100% or even close to 100% reduction to be an effective magic oboro/kagerou.

30% from FAW, 20% CoD, 10% ffrom dual wield Mikatsuki + 16th night will literally let you spam skills with like half a second delay which is usually faster than you can even cast unless you have some ungodly ping.

I spent like a billion zeny trying to get 100% reduction only to re-sell all those gears and settle at around 60~70% reduction which worked perfectly fine.

Edited by AMADALILAMA, 20 October 2014 - 06:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users