Idea: Finishers

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Kinny

Kinny

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • LocationThe recess of my mind.(Michigan)

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:05 PM

http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/sterb041.gif !!!!!

So this has been floating in my head for awhile. So I have decided to throw it on the forums. (If this already hasn't been discussed a bajillion times already)

So the idea is that sometimes when you kill an enemy (10% chance?) instead of the enemy dying, it stands there unable to do anything with a skull above it's head.
Then right there you have the option of,

A: Leave the enemy be. The enemy drops dead a couple seconds later. You receive normal exp value and drops.
B: Use one of your class finishing moves and completely decimate the weakened opponent. Basically turning him to mush. 10% exp boost?

In my opinion this would compliment the games violent and bloody setting and would look really cool and flashy.

Here are a couple of examples of some finishers from some random classes.

Assassin: Dash at the enemy and deliver several quick ninjtastic slashes and manuevers. After he is done the enemy explodes into bits shortly after. :P
Berserker: Show off the might and rabid aggression of the berserker by charging his swing up and smashing the enemy across the map. Or unleash a flurry of attacks.
Forsaker: The Forsaker charges up for a bit, and essentially explodes the enemy with a massive wave of fire.(Tempest could use this too)
Warlord: Let out a huge yell and leap into the air. Then come down crashing shortly after eliminating the enemy. (Most epic from a distance)
Ranger: Unload your weapon into the opponet rapidly. Over a course of about 2 or 3 seconds limbs come off slowly before destroying the torso with a huge final shot.
Commander: Deliver a mighty shield bash followed by a charged up swing that blasts the enemy away into the air.
Radiant: Heal the enemy so much he explodes? http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/icon_mwahaha.gif

But yeah something along the lines of that.

For smaller bosses and such it would always put them in a finishing status.

For Battlefields maybe you get like 10 extra points for pulling off a finisher?

Each class or race gets maybe like 1-3 different ones. Using skillpoints, But they have a max level of 1.

Discuss and think of better finishers then what I thought of!

#2 Overlord666

Overlord666

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1158 posts
  • LocationTransylvania
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Underworld

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:14 PM

This should be moved here: http://forums.warppo...ls-suggestions/

Great idea but the devs are retards so it'll never happen.

AGAIN great idea

Edited by Overlord666, 12 November 2010 - 12:14 PM.

#3 Kinny

Kinny

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:23 PM

This should be moved here: http://forums.warppo...ls-suggestions/

Great idea but the devs are retards so it'll never happen.

AGAIN great idea

Thankya! And whoops that didn't even cross my mind, if a forum mods sees this can you move it instead of whipping out the deletion hammer?

#4 xXAleXx

xXAleXx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:23 PM

Yep i was thinking the same since over 2 years ago...
And would be very cool if all the blood hits you screen

#5 Kinny

Kinny

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:26 PM

Ahh yes, the blood effect would be awesome aswell :P icing on the cake.

#6 xXAleXx

xXAleXx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:32 PM

Radiant: Heal the enemy so much he explodes? http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/icon_mwahaha.gif

xD

#7 Zirozi

Zirozi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 294 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:42 PM

Ranger: Unload your weapon into the opponet rapidly. Over a course of about 2 or 3 seconds limbs come off slowly before destroying the torso with a huge final shot.

This would rock :P

IF

It didn't actually use bullets... :3

Still don't get why launchers need bullets but crossbows don't need arrows =/

#8 Luxiemg

Luxiemg

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1204 posts
  • LocationVenezuela
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:42 PM

Sound like a fatality, but hey is a good idea.

#9 Kinny

Kinny

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:51 PM

This would rock :P

IF

It didn't actually use bullets... :3

Still don't get why launchers need bullets but crossbows don't need arrows =/

That's because it actually shoots their awesome ninja Ego's, which happen to look like bolts.

Sound like a fatality, but hey is a good idea.

Pretty much xD just on a mmo. Imo alot of games need this feature. It's so satisfying

#10 Alexito

Alexito

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3611 posts
  • LocationHeaven
  • Server:Euphoria

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:57 PM

i played a game that had awesome finishers like that.. it was a ps3 game.. with 4 ys of development)
i love the idea tho, but i cant see it ever beeing implemented as devs r wee bit weetrded

#11 Kinny

Kinny

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:04 PM

i played a game that had awesome finishers like that.. it was a ps3 game.. with 4 ys of development)
i love the idea tho, but i cant see it ever beeing implemented as devs r wee bit weetrded

Hey hey, if I'm lucky there's a 0.01% chance they'll even consider it. :P

#12 Alexito

Alexito

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3611 posts
  • LocationHeaven

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:05 PM

Hey hey, if I'm lucky there's a 0.01% chance they'll even consider it. :P

you're lucky if the devs see this and that's 0.0000000001% chance

#13 Kinny

Kinny

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:18 PM

you're lucky if the devs see this and that's 0.0000000001% chance

EDIT:

Touche, well played Ma'am. Maybe add a couple 0's for good measure
:P

Edited by Kinny, 12 November 2010 - 01:25 PM.

#14 Alexito

Alexito

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3611 posts
  • LocationHeaven

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:21 PM

Touche, well played mam. Maybe add a couple 0's for good measure

:P

#15 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:14 PM

Great idea, but if it give 10% extra xp, wich would be the downside of use it? because otherwise people would use it in each mob.

#16 Insanita

Insanita

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1727 posts
  • LocationAway from you!
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:25 PM

I like the idea but it wont make the devs any extra money so I doubt they will do it.

#17 kmprins

kmprins

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:46 PM

mortal combat any1?>

#18 xXAleXx

xXAleXx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:48 PM

mortal combat any1?>

FINISH HIM!
CS SHOP WINS

#19 Zuru

Zuru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 977 posts
  • LocationChicago~
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:05 PM

For Mystics I want a huge meteor to come hurling down & crushing everyone within a 20m radius :P~

#20 FullMetalMandy

FullMetalMandy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • LocationTunnelton, Indiana
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:20 PM

I Freakin Love This Idea, Id Defenately Be Interested In That

#21 Lemiwinks

Lemiwinks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:45 PM

I must be the only one thinking this would be a terribad idea. And prolly the only one thinking beyond `omg cool!`.

1. When I need to kill 10.000+ mobs to level up, the last thing I want is another -_-ty thing to waste time on after killing each mob. I want speed.

2. What server can take all that much extra stress? The Faildes one? lololol

#22 kaucukovnik

kaucukovnik

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 12:34 AM

It could happen at random, or when a crit kill the target.

Definitely not new skills or such, they would screw it up royally...

#23 Kinny

Kinny

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 02:03 AM

I must be the only one thinking this would be a terribad idea. And prolly the only one thinking beyond `omg cool!`.

1. When I need to kill 10.000+ mobs to level up, the last thing I want is another -_-ty thing to waste time on after killing each mob. I want speed.

2. What server can take all that much extra stress? The Faildes one? lololol

Yeah it would sorta piss off herders, but the mobs would drop dead shortly after, giving you your precious exp's and loot.

And I am talking about a rather low rate of it happening. 7-10%?

Also how would that cause THAT much server stress? Add another power and make it only usable when that enemy is in the 'Skull' status?
Kinda like trying to tame an enemy that is too high for you to tame. Just grayed out.
Not talking about rewriting the whole engine. They already have it nicely set up so if you kill an enemy a limb shoots off. Or they blow up to bits.
So why not make it more stylish and more rewarding to slay an enemy? Also it would be nice for people who can't herd and have to pick off enemies one by one.

But meh you are probably right, valdes is like the hormonally unstable server. Who knows what would happen implementing even a feature like that.

It could happen at random, or when a crit kill the target.

Definitely not new skills or such, they would screw it up royally...

Well, it would be like just adding a new skill in general. What if they gave a new skill to Prots they gives them some AOE?

I highly doubt it would cause mass server cataclysm. Then a mob of angry requiem-ers would appear at my doorstep and beat the daylights out of me.

But then again you've all probably been playing longer then me, so I should take your word for it. :P

#24 Lemiwinks

Lemiwinks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 02:09 AM

Also it would be nice for people who can't herd and have to pick off enemies one by one.

If by herders you mean AoEers, you have it all wrong. Mobs pretty much die at the same time when you AoE. When you`re 1 on 1, that extra 1-3 sec that would take to cast that finishing move would make grinding around 30% longer.

Example: I, as a ranger, kill a mob in 10 shots. That`s 10 seconds. Add another 2... with each 5 finishing move, it costs me a kill. A kill gives me 0.01% atm, so I would need 10.000 mobs to level up. So I`ll be wasting 20.000 seconds, that`s 5.5 hours. See what I mean?

#25 d6689

d6689

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 02:19 AM

http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/sterb041.gif !!!!!

So this has been floating in my head for awhile. So I have decided to throw it on the forums. (If this already hasn't been discussed a bajillion times already)

So the idea is that sometimes when you kill an enemy (10% chance?) instead of the enemy dying, it stands there unable to do anything with a skull above it's head.
Then right there you have the option of,

A: Leave the enemy be. The enemy drops dead a couple seconds later. You receive normal exp value and drops.
B: Use one of your class finishing moves and completely decimate the weakened opponent. Basically turning him to mush. 10% exp boost?

In my opinion this would compliment the games violent and bloody setting and would look really cool and flashy.

Here are a couple of examples of some finishers from some random classes.

Assassin: Dash at the enemy and deliver several quick ninjtastic slashes and manuevers. After he is done the enemy explodes into bits shortly after. :P
Berserker: Show off the might and rabid aggression of the berserker by charging his swing up and smashing the enemy across the map. Or unleash a flurry of attacks.
Forsaker: The Forsaker charges up for a bit, and essentially explodes the enemy with a massive wave of fire.(Tempest could use this too)
Warlord: Let out a huge yell and leap into the air. Then come down crashing shortly after eliminating the enemy. (Most epic from a distance)
Commander: Deliver a mighty shield bash followed by a charged up swing that blasts the enemy away into the air.

But yeah something along the lines of that.

For smaller bosses and such it would always put them in a finishing status.

For Battlefields maybe you get like 10 extra points for pulling off a finisher?

Each class or race gets maybe like 1-3 different ones. Using skillpoints, But they have a max level of 1.

Discuss and think of better finishers then what I thought of!

Besides Mortal Kombat, this idea is implented in Age of Conan already, so it would be a ''steal'' to do that.

And i cant imagine Gravity pulling this out without making additional 20 bugs and glitches :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users