• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 MonkeyMajik

MonkeyMajik

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:05 AM

Wouldn't it be possible to add a Bot Report feature that you could right click on a user and report them as a bot? (could take screenshot at the same time for proof if needed)

#2 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:02 AM

A good suggestion. It will make reporting bots a bit easier. However, the real issue is not how you report bots, its the number of bots to report and being reported. Gravity only have a handful of GMs and only one or two GM actually hunt for bots.

#3 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:48 AM

thats the thing reporting bots isnt really hard as is but even when reported half the time nothing ever comes of it...

#4 JemRei

JemRei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:21 PM

Maybe this feature can only be used as a tool in making proofs (like screenshots, etc) that the character is booting.

But still, the one who saw a bot still have to report to the GMs by sending a ticket.  :p_smile: 

#5 MonkeyMajik

MonkeyMajik

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:15 AM

Sending a ticket is a PITA. You often pass by 100s of bots on your way to a levelling area etc... Do you really report every bot you see when you know they'll just remake an account 5 minutes later?

#6 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:34 AM

when im bot hunting i use the replay feature and record whole maps at a time... then send that in

#7 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:51 AM

Sending a ticket is a PITA. You often pass by 100s of bots on your way to a levelling area etc... Do you really report every bot you see when you know they'll just remake an account 5 minutes later?

You can report a whole map, not just 1 bot at a time.

#8 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:26 AM

i'd love to have an in-game feature to report bots.  I'd probably make more reports in that case.  However, i think we'd need to make sure it's not abusable.  (i.e. someone gets all their friends together to mass report someone they don't like/disagree with/lost to in the last woe/any other dumb reason.  this was why downvotes were removed from forums.)

#9 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:29 AM

Can't do it until they change out their ticket system. No point writing something for now and redo it again later.

#10 AzureKikn

AzureKikn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:41 AM

Or you know how there are already volunteers in game? how about enabling certain volunteers to contact a gm in game and say hey come to this map and zap the mofo's?

#11 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 07 November 2014 - 08:24 AM

It would be more possible to have people who have been pretty detailed and vigilant in reporting bots would be added to a volunteer group who get their bot reports set to high priority when ticketing in. 

#12 frohzn

frohzn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 876 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 09:55 AM

or free bot hunters with a acc who can warping a bot in the jail

#13 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 12:25 PM

a GM is required to perform the requisite bot testing prior to them being sent to the room of solitude.  giving a normal player that power, even though a separate account is not a wise course of action.

#14 myhearse

myhearse

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:52 AM

why don't making like this

when selecting char its give random image (number,symbol) - server uploading the image. the image was not inside grf,data

user cannot enter game if give wrong answer.

#15 Sizzleboom

Sizzleboom

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 11:23 AM

Create a right-click menu entry called "report bot".

When two different players have reported a character as a bot, make a small window appear on that character's screen, presenting a CAPTCHA. The window has a 15-minute timer on it. If the character doesn't enter the CAPTCHA before the timer runs out, the character is logged off.

#16 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:10 AM

i do like having a "report bot" right-click option, but instead of prompting a captcha (which are apparently relatively easy to work around anyway), it will create a ticket for GM team to review, with a scale where the more times the bot is reported (by different accounts) the higher priority it is for them to check.

at a minimum, this makes it so that players no longer have to go through the task of taking screenshots/replays, logging into the support page and writing up a ticket. now, you right-click, report as bot, and move on. if many different players do this, then the character that needs to be checked jumps to the front of the line.

#17 3637131210094835917

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 06 December 2014 - 07:40 PM

About the right clicking feature, are you sure it won't be abused?

Like simply reporting people just for fun, it will increase the workload of GMs...

I'm not just talking about bot reports, I'm talking about KS-ing, harrassment, threatens, then people will simply right-click and report them as bots?
Or maybe like what Necro said, having a bunch of friends boycott someone by reporting him together to get him banned?

#18 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 07:59 PM

About the right clicking feature, are you sure it won't be abused?

Like simply reporting people just for fun, it will increase the workload of GMs...

I'm not just talking about bot reports, I'm talking about KS-ing, harrassment, threatens, then people will simply right-click and report them as bots?
Or maybe like what Necro said, having a bunch of friends boycott someone by reporting him together to get him banned?

KSing, threatening and harassment are bannable offenses anyway... and theres nothing really stopping from people sending in false tickets to try and get somebody they dont like banned for no reason as is...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users