Historical Event Costumes and Horse and Buggy Ideas - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Historical Event Costumes and Horse and Buggy Ideas

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 flotsam

flotsam

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:37 AM

Hello!

As a veteran Rose player, one of the aspects of Rose that I really enjoy are the costumes and cart features. Being able to create various looks ranging from fantasy --> historical --> cute animals is one of the things that makes Rose Online. When Rose implemented the backseat for the carts to allow you to transport your friends, that was just the icing on the cake for me and a very functional aspect in game even today. 

For years I have had a couple of ideas for new costumes that I thought would be a cool feature that is capable to play along with the current theme of Rose Online.  I've finally decided to post it:

IDEA 1: More historical costumes.

REASON: If you look at the costumes currently being used, the historical/ fancy ones have been well utilized. Look at the royal set, Shakespearean set, Felise and Lucille party wear, and Leopold wear etc. They play on people's imaginations and I think a lot of players will enjoy looking at more historical themed dresses and suits because no other game can pull it off as well as Rose can. 

A while back, Rose Online (or maybe it was a private server- I forget) had an event where they gave out Victorian costumes as rewards. For men it was the Victorian suit, and for women it was the dress with a bustle (google victorian bustle for images). I remember it was very popular and those who wore them received compliments. Perhaps if those costumes are stored on your database, you could re implement them again...? If I recall there were a green, red, and black sets.

Secondly, other suggestions that would play on gamer's imaginations could be a: French Rococo set (complete with powdered wigs and lots of bows), Dresses with large Victorian hoopskirts (similar to Junon NPC Event Info "Felice Fete"), Ancient Chinese Hanfu sets, Japanese Kimono sets, etc. Adhering to Rose's lighthearted cartoon style (and not skimpy anime as most other games are like) would continue to keep Rose unique and up to date. Also making sure that the dresses are long dresses touching the ground will continue to adhere to the female population who enjoy beautiful dresses... and some males too I guess. Shortened versions are just not the same. 

IDEA 2: Horse and carriage cart/mount.

REASON: It doesn't have to necessarily be a "horse," but some sort of in game creature to pull a carriage. French Rococo style carriage, or victorian carriage, or cinderella pumpkin carriage... whatever your imagination comes up with , I think the fact that we will have carriages would ultimately work really well. As said previously, Rose Online has a very whimsical theme, and most of the players come here for the cartoony atmosphere rather than just skimpy anime killing [monsters]. As a result, I think that a horse/creature and carriage would be a hit. Carts were a hit, mounts were a hit, and where's next?... I think the Horse and Carriage would be a hit. 

Thanks.

#2 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:53 AM

Hi! There is a special section of this form for suggestions. Here is the link for your future brainstorms  http://forums.warppo...ls-suggestions/

Rather than remake this in the other section, just ask a mod to move the topic. 

ps. Your suggestion is very well thought out and explained. :)

#3 VModCupcake

VModCupcake

Too Legit To Quit

• VMod Retired
  • 1259 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:10 AM

Topic moved to correct section

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users