31 replies to this topic

#1 7009130604170032583

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:39 PM

Are there any plans in the future for more Noel options? I think Crecentia and Soulmaker classes have been a pretty good success since they've been implemented, and more options for different starting types. For example, the Alter class has sort of like a melee mage/support option path, and it would be cool to have base classes other than Alter to have a change of pace while still using something other than sameface human types.

#2 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:42 PM

I'd love this! I believe it's been brought up before too so *fingers crossed*

#3 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 02:43 PM

That would also mean new idle stances! And dances! And more shotas and lolis to dress up.

Sadly, it seems that noel armor and Alberta sucked up over half of the net design efforts put in this game, so I doubt they'll go through that again.
That and how they can't figure out how to sort out the current classes, I doubt they can come up with nw classes as well.

Seriously though, I want to create more noel characters but I don't want to repeat classes.

I'd love this! I believe it's been brought up before too so *fingers crossed*

Well, turning armor into costumes also has been brung up numerous times and here I am, sitting with a full storage and two bags of noel armor and no glimpse of hope in sight.

Edited by Nereida, 14 October 2014 - 02:52 PM.

#4 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:02 PM

I recall finding out that Gravity was considering a "Heavy Armor Noel" idea, but that went quiet somewhere early spring. Considering there is only 2 classes that use heavy armor, the whole "Noel Engineer" idea was sounding thrilling, and might even help round off what we currently have, but yeah.. it probably got pushed back a lot. We might have ML50 before we have such happen.

#5 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:07 PM

They need to balance the current 12 classes before adding anymore >.>

#6 7009130604170032583

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 14 October 2014 - 06:48 PM

I understand there's a lot of other stuff that needs to happen first, and I get that. And considering the rate at which things get balanced/fixed/worked on around here, who knows when it may get looked at, but it would still be awesome. ;(

#7 suzumechan123

suzumechan123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationIron Islands, Castle Pyke

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:42 PM

A cute gun wielding Noel would be adorable and lol I can't imagine a tiny Noel in heavy armor.  

Edited by suzumechan123, 14 October 2014 - 07:42 PM.

#8 VuoriDevine

VuoriDevine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland.

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:48 PM

They need to balance the current 12 classes before adding anymore >.>

For the first time i agree with pinky pie, we dont need more stuff to "balance"
The game is in a crappy state with the current classes @_@

Edited by VuoriDevine, 14 October 2014 - 07:48 PM.

#9 kkusagami

kkusagami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:26 PM

Samurai Class ? Tamer Class ? Gunmage Class ?

Personally i love Gunmage.

#10 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:10 PM

Or how about letting Noel job change into Archer? They're formerly Elves, who were pretty well-represented with archery in the manhwa. Would be cute to see Noel Archer classes running around. Cute Noel Beastmaster cubs anyone?

#11 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:29 AM

A cute gun wielding Noel would be adorable and lol I can't imagine a tiny Noel in heavy armor.

A tiny noel in heavy armor wielding a minigun.

Or how about letting Noel job change into Archer? They're formerly Elves, who were pretty well-represented with archery in the manhwa. Would be cute to see Noel Archer classes running around. Cute Noel Beastmaster cubs anyone?

And if we go with RO1, inhabitants of Alfheim were Lapine, which if I recall correctly, were adept "magician swordmen", scorning Sapha as an inferior species because they couldn't use magic at all.
But yeah, this game being hevily based on the manwha with just a few quick passing references to RO1, archer is more likely.
Just please, no more bears or animal transformations of any kind.

#12 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 15 October 2014 - 10:41 AM

I'd even be happy if they brought the "Dimago" back on the table as an option as a swordsman type class instead of a race. 

Spoiler

Well, turning armor into costumes also has been brung up numerous times and here I am, sitting with a full storage and two bags of noel armor and no glimpse of hope in sight.

Yup and I'm right there with you on that one >.<

#13 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:02 PM

The main issue still hasn't been adressed: what will I do with voices if this happens? I have noel set with Korean voices, but there wouldn't be Korean voices for the new skills!

I'd even be happy if they brought the "Dimago" back on the table as an option as a swordsman type class instead of a race. 

Spoiler

Wow, I had forgotten how edgy they were. The dimago we actually got are quite tame in comparison.

#14 7009130604170032583

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 16 October 2014 - 04:08 PM

I didn't actually expect so many responses. @_@ Me and my partner have been looking over these and brainstorming and incorporating these ideas into our own to see what we could come up with, so I'm going to add that below to see what you think. Wishful thinking maybe, but hey, gotta dream right? ;D

Omg Gunmage. I want that. I somehow picture Death the Kid a little bit. But think about it, you could have so many options for weapons. Like Gun Mage could be the base class, and you could choose Gunslinger or Sniper. Gunslingers obviously use dual wielded pistols, Snipers use a sniper that takes up both hands. For a Sniper, think the "Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor" move from Hellsing (Rip Van Winkle's move) that uses a magic bullet to cut through multiple enemies (obviously diminished attack with subsequent enemies taking damage), and Gunslingers could have a "Bullet Rain" AoE type move, similar to Arrow Shower for Rangers. For Gunslingers, there could be a lot of options for types of pistols, like I don't think you should be tied down to using matching pistols if you wanted to mix and match effects or elements, maybe there could be moves that use left and right guns respectively...dunno, just ideas. I really like Gunmage though.

Makes sense to me. Actually for an archer type class (Soul Arrow?) I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to bring back Dancer 2nd class. Option to use whips or bows, and a NOEL DANCER OMG THINK ABOUT IT. The dancer could be the Noel replacement for a ranger.

For BM type class though, maybe instead of transforming into an animal, something mythological or transforming into the proper darkness/light within instead of the current transformations on cres/sm (which if you think about it are kinda watered down from the things you fight early on).

A tiny noel in heavy armor wielding a minigun.

The mental imagery is hilariously awesome. xD

Spoiler

I'm all for this, can you imagine a warrior-type Noel with a sword as big as him/herself? x3!

#15 kamoteee

kamoteee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationIn Your Heart <3
  • Server:Odin / Freyja

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:50 PM

A Loli (Noel) Gunner doesn't sound bad :)

Then the sub-classes would be a Cannon-wielder and a Minigun-user :D

Here, take my +1

:p_laugh: 

#16 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 17 October 2014 - 12:47 PM

It sure is nice to dream right? hehehe 

I'm all for this, can you imagine a warrior-type Noel with a sword as big as him/herself? x3!

Omg if there was an actual tanky-type Noel class i may just have to make a switch from my Cres!! 

#17 PhoenixFH

PhoenixFH

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 01:48 PM

Note: I understand that many people feel that the classes need balancing before adding more. I can agree with that. But I also think it wouldn't be a bad idea to create new classes and balance the rest with them. That is probably asking for a lot though.

----- and these are just suggestions.

Since I've played RO1 for many years I might have a bit of nostalgia for some of the older classes.

I think it would be a shame to not implement a Bard/Dancer class... but instead keep it completely musical. I think Dancers are great, but I think having a musical or "sound" class would be awesome.

--- If this was given to the Noel class I would love to see possession or summoning through sound. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see Noels use lutes or similar instruments to control monsters or summon them. I think it's fitting since they are "Tainted Elves".

Just like these guys from Kung Fu Hustle.
15.jpg

I don't think that a Dancer Class with whips would work for Noels simply because they have scythes too and alternative weapons like that for one race makes them kind of heavy. Though, it is more fitting than humans.

If Noels were to go all heavy-tank type, might I suggest giving them machines to control? They already link to dolls using magic, but instead they could go the alternative route and become actual engineers? They aren't really an industrial race but I could see Noels riding in little mini Gurren Laganns or Gundams. That would be cute. And it would be different then just giving the game Gunners.

I don't know. Those are my thoughts. Take or leave.

#18 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:05 PM

If Noels were to go all heavy-tank type, might I suggest giving them machines to control? They already link to dolls using magic, but instead they could go the alternative route and become actual engineers? They aren't really an industrial race but I could see Noels riding in little mini Gurren Laganns or Gundams. That would be cute. And it would be different then just giving the game Gunners.

TV7UEQO.gif

And the other class can have the minigun! Or something.

#19 PhoenixFH

PhoenixFH

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:23 PM

Yes!!! The Gundam-Typey class could go all "HULK SMASH!" on everything, and then mini-gunners could be sneaky sneaky ninja cowboys. :D

#20 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:30 PM

I agree with you PhoenixFH!! I'm a ro1 vet too and have always had high hopes that some of the classic classes would be introduced in some way... this could be a great opportunity!! 

Noels have a really unique storyline as to how their powers are obtained so i would be very curious as how new classes could be implemented. 

#21 HikariKouka

HikariKouka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:48 PM

It sure is nice to dream right? hehehe 

Omg if there was an actual tanky-type Noel class i may just have to make a switch from my Cres!! 

Actually crecentia is tanker before AoV came because we share same VIT stat with Monk & super high threat  :p_devil:

#22 Aoshiki

Aoshiki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 03:23 PM

A Loli (Noel) Gunner doesn't sound bad :)

Then the sub-classes would be a Cannon-wielder and a Minigun-user :D

Here, take my +1

:p_laugh: 

Or Gravity can just kidnap their own work from ECO, literally they were alpha noels running around in that game (I miss them T_T)

is not like they didn't do it for Crecentia/soulmaker... behold the Crecentia/Soulmaker Prototype :o (That hat... half the noels used their versions)

and yeah dots, heals and a fricking beam cannon included :o

004.jpg

Does someone recognized this cat beside me when noels launched?

Spoiler

and yeah they have their own archer going gun user... Actually more op, the last class was named Hawkeye...

Sorry I just rant it too much... I miss this game (only available at Japan now that I know) since gungho bought it for the moe lolis and shotas

Also they can sneak dimagos if they select other classes for them...

Also isn't there a theory that succubus e incubus are the final form for noels after going to the dark side?

Edited by Aoshiki, 17 October 2014 - 03:27 PM.

#23 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 03:31 PM

Or Gravity can just kidnap their own work from ECO, literally they were alpha noels running around in that game (I miss them T_T)

is not like they didn't do it for Crecentia/soulmaker... behold the Crecentia/Soulmaker Prototype :o (That hat... half the noels used their versions)

and yeah dots, heals and a fricking beam cannon included :o

Does someone recognized this cat beside me when noels launched?

and yeah they have their own archer going gun user... Actually more op, the last class was named Hawkeye...

Sorry I just rant it too much... I miss this game (only available at Japan now that I know) since gungho bought it for the moe lolis and shotas

Also they can sneak dimagos if they select other classes for them...

Also isn't there a theory that succubus e incubus are the final form for noels after going to the dark side?

Whoa, that's pretty much the divided plains/Verta Delta set. I'm glad they traded the wings for horns though.
So we can conclude, if it didn't exist previously it won't be coming here, huh?

And that theory is racist! Just because they have tails and horns doesn't mean they're actual demons! (sex-oriented, at that)

Edited by Nereida, 17 October 2014 - 03:32 PM.

#24 Aoshiki

Aoshiki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:02 PM

And that theory is racist! Just because they have tails and horns doesn't mean they're actual demons! (sex-oriented, at that)

o.o get your mind out of the gutter!!! D: the theory is based in the geffenia map and noel garden being the same and when you compare the video the wings are in an adult form when they fall into darkness...

PERVERT D:

actually check zerotigress ragnarok wikia website and compare, she even point the similarities in one article too, so is not only me, hers or some of the JRO community D:

#25 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 18 October 2014 - 01:09 AM

actually check zerotigress ragnarok wikia website and compare, she even point the similarities in one article too, so is not only me, hers or some of the JRO community D:

That information is purely speculation at this point since there are translation issues between the original Korean version of the manhwa and the English release of it. I'm hoping things will clear up once I start exploring the Alfheim region in RO1, so please don't think much of that article on the Ragnarok Wiki.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users