iRO Player from 2003... Coming back. :o - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

iRO Player from 2003... Coming back. :o

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Genericism

Genericism

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:13 PM

So, after days of recovering my main account and binding it to WP, I have finally managed to check out my account from 2003!

Basically, I want to play this game on the side and get it going again, I just need help getting back into things since the ammount of information is vast enough that some form of consolidation of leveling advice would be nice. :P

I stopped at lvl 91 - Knight:

Stats:

• Str: 55 + 17
  • Agi: 99+3
  • Vit: 32+10
  • Int: 1
  • Dex: 34+6
  • Luk: 19+4

So I was an Agi 2-hander Build back in the ancient days of this game. Suggestions on how I should proceed on leveling? Respec? Regear?

Let me know, thanks!

Genericism.

#2 kuyaeze

kuyaeze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 15 October 2014 - 11:31 PM

there's a number of ways now which makes leveling easier for a 2handed AGI knight. Try a combination of Eden Boards for 90-99 (eden headquarters, second floor), Bounty Boards of your choice - right now geffen bounty boards are great, located near the tool shop of geffen, and last but not the least Gramps Turn ins which is located inside eden.

Since i don't know if eden was already implemented around 2003, it's a place you can warp to using the eden warper, a girl npc with white hair, located on almost every town. go register as a member on the front desk, there's 4 npc there, look for Lime. For the bounty boards, no need to register to eden. just talk to the board, take the quest and grind away. Look for me ingame if you want, name is EddieGarcia. 

#3 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 October 2014 - 03:55 AM

hi there and welcome back!  it's nice to see that some old school players are still in the game.  I started playing back in 2003, took a break in 2007 and came back earlier this year.  Eden was definitely not around when last you played but is a great place to get gears and hunting quests.  The irowiki has a pretty comprehensive guide on the various things you can do with the eden group (leveling boards, gramps turn ins, crystal synthesis, equipment quests).

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Eden_Group

Since it looks like you haven't transcended yet into a Lord Knight, there's not real need to worry about your skills/stats for now.  Also keep in mind that up through 99/70 transcendent, you can reset your skills for free by talking to the hypnotist in Izlude or Pronterra.

When you transcend it is highly recommended that you get to job 50 as a first class and job 70 as a second class as turning before then results in skill points lost that can never be recovered.

#4 Genericism

Genericism

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:35 AM

Thanks guys!

Yeah the gear I have is definitely build for the olden days, but I'll definitely take a look at the Eden stuff! I figured the equipment quests will offer some upgrades for me. Lol.

I'll post back if I have more questions. :P

#5 Genericism

Genericism

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:15 AM

So aside from the Marionettes, mobbing and BBing isn't a bad way to farm the Gramps Grind. MY next question focuses on gear optimization, to give you guys some idea of what I have...

+6 Helm

+2 Evolved Magestic Goat

Fin Helm

Iron Cain

Extra Chain Mail

Formal Suit

3x +5 Elemental Claymores

1x +5 Broadsword

+4 Mocking Muffler

+4 Green Boots

2x Clip of Mustle

Is there anything in particular I should farm for inregards to gear? I do want to switch to a spear build after I transcend, I just want to make the grinding easier. :P

#6 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:25 AM

you'd probably want to invest in a raydric at some point, but save it for a decent garment.  mufflers don't cut it anymore.

i see you have an evolved majestic goat, i'd start saving crystals for a pair of enhanced variants.  (you can buy regular variants now but only trans chars can use those).

good beginner accessories now are cat hand gloves or silversmith bracelets.  clips are out of fashion now.

check ragial.com to get an idea of how much things cost.

#7 kuyaeze

kuyaeze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 16 October 2014 - 04:24 PM

i used earth deleter armor in my BBing days, should be fairly cheap now. it allowed me to BB constantly, though it requires killing mobs in 1 or 2 BBs. Only if you have sp problems :p_sick:

Also, invest in shields - later on you're gonna want a shield when you hit 3rd job, as the mobs hit harder. read up on guides in the swordsman section for lord knight -> rune knight builds, because most of the time gameplay changes when you hit 3rd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users