hp food for mvp - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

hp food for mvp

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 xxccxx

xxccxx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:I

Posted 18 October 2014 - 12:26 PM

When mvping. What food to use? Slims? Seeds? Ygg? Some thing that fast and wont break the bank or my bagpack I am 120 gene with decent and still find insta death by mvps as it all of the sudden mvp death 20k damage.

#2 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 18 October 2014 - 01:10 PM

i was thinking this was about food buffs... i dont carry healing items of any kind but then again im also not a gene...

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:02 PM

Gear your character appropriately, with full reduction gear for the MVP you're facing - racial shields are essential, as are elemental armors appropriate to the MVP in question.

For healing, people typically use slims, aloe leaflets, and the like - there's nothing magic about it. Large HP pots would be a good thing to use too. When you can get away with it (ie, the MVP isn't scary enough that you need the headgear for defensive stuff), you can use WPH+alarm mask set with pumpkins to cut operating expenses.

#4 AyEsson

AyEsson

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:57 PM

i was thinking this was about food buffs... i dont carry healing items of any kind but then again im also not a gene...

i do the same thing when i go for mvps', food buffs much cheaper and lasts longer than a normal YGG.

#5 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 19 October 2014 - 10:02 PM

i dont carry food buffs either... i carry takoyaki sometimes... and i get eden buffs sometimes... but i dont take items to recover HP... i dont need it... i have Pure Soul

#6 xxccxx

xxccxx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • Server:I

Posted 20 October 2014 - 01:36 AM

Gear your character appropriately, with full reduction gear for the MVP you're facing - racial shields are essential, as are elemental armors appropriate to the MVP in question.

For healing, people typically use slims, aloe leaflets, and the like - there's nothing magic about it. Large HP pots would be a good thing to use too. When you can get away with it (ie, the MVP isn't scary enough that you need the headgear for defensive stuff), you can use WPH+alarm mask set with pumpkins to cut operating expenses.

ScreenShot2014-10-20at63019AM.pngwait you mean i cant just go with Alice shield? I know i need elemental armors and are looking for some is it batter to buy like flame armor and the likes or just a carded orleans? Skill like water balls from mvp still hit like a bees. Suggession on some would be helpful. I don't fully understand elemental armors do i match its attack with the same element or wear a opposing element such as its a water ball wear like earth element.

Edited by xxccxx, 20 October 2014 - 01:38 AM.

#7 Cyberrok

Cyberrok

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1265 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:42 AM

you can consider using marse card (30% water resistance), waterdrop brooch (5%) x 2, leaf cat card (10%) x2, valk shiled (20%) and resistance potions. It works well

#8 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:49 AM

More Vit, raydric in the FAW and elemental armors depending on the MVP you're facing

#9 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:07 AM

you really should have 100 total vit at a minimum for status immunity/resistance.

#10 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9325 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:29 AM

ScreenShot2014-10-20at63019AM.pngwait you mean i cant just go with Alice shield? I know i need elemental armors and are looking for some is it batter to buy like flame armor and the likes or just a carded orleans? Skill like water balls from mvp still hit like a bees. Suggession on some would be helpful. I don't fully understand elemental armors do i match its attack with the same element or wear a opposing element such as its a water ball wear like earth element.

For waterball, wear water armor. You wear the gear that corresponds with what the attack is. Fire attacks = fire armor, and so on like that. Also, in-case you think earthquake is earth, it's not.

#11 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:06 AM

Definitely card your FAW with a raydric - an immune is basic gear.

Royal is ideal for almost all MVPs - I got the impression from your post that you were not nearly as well geared as you are.

For the hard-hitting elemental attacks, wear the same element as the attack you're trying to reduce. See http://irowiki.org/wiki/Element for more information.

Also, be aware that % element reduction effects stack additively (but % element reduction stacks multiplicatively with armor element). 100% reduction is very possible.

Also - I tend to favor using AK helm on upper, for the added reduction, instead of damage headgear - I made a few, with leaf cat, lieb olami and permeter cards, and paired them with similarly carded mid headgear. I seem to be in the minority on that opinion though.

#12 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:25 AM

The AK Helm+Mid elemental reductions are soooo mandatory for soloing some harder MVPs.

If you want a clean fight that is.

Edited by Havenn, 20 October 2014 - 11:25 AM.

#13 4853121207141913140

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 897 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:33 AM

*because its the elemental armor that reduces most of the damage.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Element

Attack and Defense of the same element reduces the most damage.

a Fire attack on a Water Armored opponent will deal 90% damage, but a Fire Attack on a Fire Armored user will only take 25%.

Memorization is important on which mvp's uses which deadly skills. your partymates can help you on which armor to use.

Since there's a tank to take most of the neutral attacks, you can focus on equipping elemental gears to survive MvP's AoE Elemental skills.

The most common deadly aoe skills are Meteor Storm(Fire), Earthquake(Neutral), and Hell's Judgement(Shadow)

edit: ah, just realized most of it has been said already. /wah

Edited by 4853121207141913140, 20 October 2014 - 11:34 AM.

#14 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:06 PM

Since there's a tank

There is?!

Most gens I know solo MVPs whenever possible, and the class well suited for this. Those tanks ask for a cut of the loot - the nerve of them!

Edited by DrAzzy, 23 October 2014 - 12:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users