missed a zero in vending - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

missed a zero in vending

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#26 taianlight

taianlight

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaos

Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:12 AM

Glad not the only person who makes a little game of type 1,2,3,1,2,3 before the first number.

I never know how many zeros were in a million before goofing up few times in this game  :p_sad:

#27 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:23 AM

always double check everything. even after your vend is up. lesson learned. my 6m zeny loss is not much for me, but it means the world for other people, especially starters.

#28 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:30 AM

Another way is, say you wanna vend something at 70m, you can try entering 70123456.

Most of the time, the vend won't sell tho.

#29 AvalonEir

AvalonEir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2201 posts
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Server:Chaos & Thor

Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:37 AM

I've played for years and vend almost everyday and I can say this has never happened to me. All I really do is double check before I put my vend up, then I just look at the shop through a different character to make sure.

#30 JemRei

JemRei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:46 AM

It's nice to spot some vendors who mistook their pricelist (if you were a buyer)

But a total heartache if you were the vendor. So it's better to triple check every price that is entered on items before vending them.  :p_swt:

#31 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:45 AM

I just simply play a rhythm in my head and watch the numbers appear as I'm typing. Like 1...000...000.  For something like 500k, I type the 5, play the rhythm in my head, then arrow my cursor to the left three spaces to make sure there's 3 numbers to the left and right of the cursor. I have yet to make a mistake.

Same here. I haven't committed this mistake for the 10 years that I've been playing RO. :heh:

#32 tigriss216

tigriss216

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • Server:both

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:55 AM

always double check everything. even after your vend is up. lesson learned. my 6m zeny loss is not much for me, but it means the world for other people, especially starters.

lol no where near as bad as the only time I screwed up. Woke in the middle of night shop was down so I opened it with new stuff left out a couple 0s on one item went back to bed woke in morning  80mil loss. Was like damn it oh well -_- happens.

Learn a lesson don't get upset and move on.

Edited by tigriss216, 20 October 2014 - 05:56 AM.

#33 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:47 AM

I made the mistake of selling a Giant Whisper card when they first came out(possibly first EVER on old Chaos) for the max vend limit.

#34 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:08 AM

2 accidents:

Missed a Zero while vending? = Human Fault. Assistance can not be provided  :p_sick:

Added a "0" while vending? = Scammer. Account will be banned  :p_omg:  

I don't get it  :heh:

What isn't there to get? One is just a mistake, the other is someone trying to play people to get money. It wasn't that they just added a 0, it was that the shop title's name was misleading, and the item in the shop was not what was being advertised.

#35 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:14 PM

What isn't there to get? One is just a mistake, the other is someone trying to play people to get money. It wasn't that they just added a 0, it was that the shop title's name was misleading, and the item in the shop was not what was being advertised.

What if I am in a hurry, and I have both a Baphomet Doll and a Cursed Baphomet Doll in my cart which caused me to accidentally vend the Baphomet Doll for 90m and name my shop CURSED BAPHOMET DOLL? :D

#36 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:18 PM

What if I am in a hurry, and I have both a Baphomet Doll and a Cursed Baphomet Doll in my cart which caused me to accidentally vend the Baphomet Doll for 90m and name my shop CURSED BAPHOMET DOLL? :D

Possible, but very highly unlikely. And more often than not, that won't be the case. :v

#37 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:19 PM

Odds are the first time you do it you'll get a 1 or 3 day ban. They don't really perma ban for much of anything. If you do it repeatedly though who knows. If you're dumb enough to do it repeatedly you probably deserve the ban whether it's on purpose or not.

#38 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:43 PM

my bad man, pm ViriDerps to get your item back

#39 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:04 PM

Ohohohohoho.

#40 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:06 PM

ffffffffffff

#41 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:15 PM

give credit where's it's due noop.

#42 Alichi

Alichi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • LocationBehind Your Door
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:20 PM

$_$ more human error please~~~~~~~

But yeah, its sucks when you forgot a single zero on your price and too late to notice that XD

#43 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:30 PM

Recently, I set up a vend shop. With the items I priced, I accidentally used the correct number of zeroes. I feel like not enough attention is going to the (apparently rare) phenomena I experienced. This forum's liberal bias makes me SICK and the dictator in chief czar GMs should be arrested for bringing ebola into the country

#44 makingup

makingup

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:38 PM

This mistake will make you learn your lesson. I do myself vend some stuff once with 1 zero missing and made around 70m lost. However I also learn to double check on buy vend. You can made mistake by adding another zero (bought my straw for 20k instead 2k insta broke) in buy vend

#45 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:09 AM

Claiming they had both in the cart doesn't mean they will get away with it. They could get a 3day ban, or a warning. And if it happens again they would likely get banned because they would have intentionally done it from the get go.

#46 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:42 AM

Yeah, I don't know how many times I could explain it... I already said yes it's possible, but it's unlikely.

#47 Marionetta

Marionetta

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:59 PM

It's nice to spot some vendors who mistook their pricelist (if you were a buyer)

But a total heartache if you were the vendor. So it's better to triple check every price that is entered on items before vending them.  :p_swt:

Been there, done that, I once spotted a BS selling 3 WPH for 70~m, I bought them before they could appear in the ragial list, then some other day I sold a focus beret for 180k... :sob:  when I intended to go for 1.8m

like everyone said, its a human mistake and you do learn to be more careful, so just cry for your loss and continue playing, someday you'll be on the other side of that situation hopefully

#48 sakurawings1

sakurawings1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON
  • Server:Chaos -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:21 PM

thats why i always double check Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users