Added Few Zeroes in Vending - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Added Few Zeroes in Vending

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:51 AM

attempt_zps8148e5e7.jpg

The internet is cruel, folks.

#2 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 20 October 2014 - 01:03 AM

yeah i saw him too. it is clear he's trying to scam since he stated CURSED BAPHO DOLL as shop name, but selling regular bapho doll instead. poor for people who got tricked by this cheap trick.

#3 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 October 2014 - 02:16 AM

Report him!

#4 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:29 AM

that's just dirty.

#5 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:59 AM

That is definitely one of the reportable cases...report away and get those type of people properly dealt with...though I don't think the hammer can reach through the internet and monitor....

#6 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:48 AM

I don't feel like reporting. It's just a warning to fellow players that the internet can sometimes be more cruel than real life.

#7 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:07 AM

I don't feel like reporting. It's just a warning to fellow players that the internet can sometimes be more cruel than real life.

then youre part of the problem

#8 tigriss216

tigriss216

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • Server:both

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:28 AM

It's ok spike I went and found hm and reported him and I know others are doing the same. It is the duty of all players tho to report this kind of stuff. Best way to protect other players from scammers is getting them banned. Posting on forums warns almost no one. A tiny fraction of the player base come to the forums.

Holy hell there are two of them doing it

lol as I edited they poofed lol

Edited by tigriss216, 20 October 2014 - 07:34 AM.

#9 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:00 AM

Make sure you report them(even though they poofed...might still be able to get them with ragial screens).

#10 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:00 AM

I can't even open the support page with IE.

#11 tigriss216

tigriss216

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:02 AM

Make sure you report them(even though they poofed...might still be able to get them with ragial screens).

I already had all my screenshots before they poofed

I can't even open the support page with IE.

I didn't know anyone still used IE. That's the worst browser there is.

Edited by tigriss216, 20 October 2014 - 08:04 AM.

#12 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:51 AM

They can check through the vend history. That's how I keep track if my vend is selling when I'm not home.

IE somewhat works best with my machine so I uninstalled FF and Chrome since they released IE11.

#13 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:17 AM

Selling one item while claiming it is another is a scam ..and thats whats happening here.

#14 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:20 AM

It's reportable scam attempt because the vendor claims to sell Cursed Baphomet Doll while he's selling the ordinary Baphomet Doll.

If he didn't put the name Cursed Baphomet Doll on his shop title, it's not much of a case. He might just trying to sell a Baphomet Doll at 99m.

#15 tigriss216

tigriss216

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:28 AM

Selling an item on vend shop for 99,990,000 is not a scam. If you buy an item that is not worth 99,990,000 based on sensible logic, then you are a sucker. Selling something above 99,990,000 i.e. 150,000,000. If you only pay 99,990,000 and bail out on the rest of the deal, that is a scam and reportable.

That isn't whats going on here. Reread everything the Sellers are advertising for one item and selling another hoping they will get some noob that dont know the difference

Edited by tigriss216, 20 October 2014 - 09:29 AM.

#16 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:01 AM

This one is playing on people trying to get more from others for items that ARE NOT what they are advertising.

The other is people not paying attention to the numbers they put in to their vend before they walk away from their computer/do something else. ALWAYS double check in your chat box if the correct numbers are entered. I know I've caught myself putting the wrong number in a few times because I double, THEN triple check the amounts entered.

#17 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:15 AM

There's a difference between making a mistake, and deliberately trying to scam people. :/ Yes of course you should always make sure you're buying what you think you're buying, but the situations are not really comparable in my opinion.

If someone buys it I probably will say tough luck, because yes, you should read - but that doesn't make the scammer any less in the wrong.

#18 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:25 AM

I doubt if he will get banned. He is not forcing you to buy it, but yeah people are scary :p_devil:

Not to mention, indeed he is trying to over-sell his goods (I dont even use the word scam here). Apparently, his vending name is "Curse baphomet doll", not "S> Curse baphomet doll". I dont know why some people even jump to a haste conclusion that he is selling the curse baphomet doll. I cant find S> at all, my Asian eyes too small to see :sob:

The only reason that someone atually falls into this trick is a person who is over-excited about buying it cleaper than its original market price. What comes around goes around :pif:

Edited by ChakriGuard, 20 October 2014 - 10:32 AM.

#19 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:26 AM

one case involves deliberate deception/malicious intent, while the other is an unintentional mistake

one does not "unintentionally" put up a vend listing "Cursed Bapho Doll" and then try to pawn off a regular doll in its place.  In your previous example, the people trying to sell berries as strawberries should also be reported for scamming.

The only way the people being reported could get out of it is if they had both dolls in their carts and then can claim they mistakenly put the wrong item up for vend.

Not sure why this concept is so hard for some people.

#20 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:32 AM

IIRC the person responsible for the berry scam was banned for it. But a GM/CM would need to confirm...and we know they won't tell us who has/hasn't been banned. Though, I think there should be a thread for scammers/cheaters to be stickied in as having been scammers/cheaters for the community to be aware of them. Maybe not after first or second time, but definitely ANY time after that.

#21 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:33 AM

I doubt if he will get banned. He is not forcing you to buy it, but yeah people are scary :p_devil:

Not to mention, indeed he is trying to over-sell his goods (I dont even use the word scam here). Apparently, his vending name is "Curse baphomet doll", not "S> Curse baphomet doll". I dont know why some people even jump to a haste conclusion that he is selling the curse baphomet doll. I cant find S> at all, my Asian eyes too small to see :sob:

The only reason that someone atually falls into this trick is a person who is over-excited about buying it cleaper than its original market price. What comes around comes around :pif:

Are you really trying to use loopholes to defend them? Because it's pretty damn obvious to anyone with any sense what the person is trying to do...

#22 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:47 AM

Basically if you do something like this it will be a GM call to ban you. They can ban you for literally no reason if you want to. So if you want to take a chance and play games with them I'm sure they'll love all the tickets you're causing and not just ban you.

#23 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:53 AM

All the technical jargon brings music to my ears.

i get the feelling that you don't know what either of those words mean.

#24 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:58 AM

simply put if you say youre selling an item when youre selling something different but the 2 items look the same and are similar in name for a cost that isnt in line with the item youre actually selling its IS considered attempting to scam people...

#25 aznspikey

aznspikey

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:25 PM

It's the "Poring Backpack" SCAM all over again. People vended 99m poring backpacks and said heroic backpack in shop title. This was before HBP was vendable/tradeable but not everyone knew this fact. I suppose if they did, ppl would not have QQ'd buying a useless item for 99m. GMs warned if anybody continued to do this they would face consequences. I would think it applies to this scenario as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users