Sorcerer levelling spot - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Sorcerer levelling spot

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaos

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:35 AM

I managed to get my sorcerer to 120lv by doing ti, but i got sick of it. What would be good places outside ti to get exp? I tried juperos earlier, but i was dying even with kaahi lvl 7 :p_sad:
Also, is it actually possible to get more exp by solo levelling outside ti instead of grinding in 12/12 party?

Note: i dont have faw sp19 nor tsod set, i guess it will severly limit my options...

Edited by asperatus, 20 October 2014 - 07:40 AM.

#2 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:05 AM

AL2 is pretty nice because sorcs get natural dragon resistance, and with some relatively cheap gear (stone buckler of dragoon), Dragon's helm, You can stack a lot of dragon resistance. 

This was where i 150'd my Sorcerer before they had Gramp TIs. It might seem slow to you, but with kaahi, you should be fine. If it seems slow at 135~ you can always do Scaraba dungeon.

#3 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:41 AM

Hmm, exp seems nice but 48k hp? that would require like 3 casts of pwave since i do around 22k dmg with it o_O

#4 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:48 AM

If you're not on TI count, yes soloing is a lot faster and more effective provided you are killing things fast enough, in an AOE, and you are keeping your HP / SP up somehow that doesn't require sitting (nobody sits for HP/SP anymore). If you are on TI count, the reward already pays off the 400 (+400 if VIP) monsters you kill. But you might wait the same amount of time for a party.

Anyway, gramps does make things a lot easier and organized, but every player realistically should try out soloing sooner or later to really learn how the game works.

A Sorcerer shouldn't really die with Kaahi on, especially not at Juperos. Make sure you have proper reducs, like a good shield, and immune (or deviling!) garment. TSoD + Skull Cap combo is good but there are also cheaper options if you want good cast reduction. You can also opt for high DEX for fast cast too.

#5 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:16 AM

Hmm, exp seems nice but 48k hp? that would require like 3 casts of pwave since i do around 22k dmg with it o_O

Spell cycle. Blue acidus are weak to earth grave, Red ferus is weak against diamond dust.

#6 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:51 AM

Spell cycle. Blue acidus are weak to earth grave, Red ferus is weak against diamond dust.

I only have Pwave, i left DD on lvl 3 because it dealt little to no damage :/

#7 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:56 AM

uhm, caster sorcs usually get more than one spell, and spell cycle. The 4 i use are VS, DD, EG, and PW. I'd recommend getting them... 

With the right gear, i was doing 50k+ DD damage to an Imp effectively one shotting them. Its one of my most powerful spells. 

Edited by Lapphy, 21 October 2014 - 05:57 AM.

#8 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:40 AM

Is your job level super low or something? Psychic wave, Varetyr Spear, Earth Grave, and Diamond Dust have no sorc pre-reqs.

The only way you can die as a sorc with kaahi up is if you run out of sp. You need to keep using indulge so that you don't run out of sp.

#9 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:46 AM

Is your job level super low or something? Psychic wave, Varetyr Spear, Earth Grave, and Diamond Dust have no sorc pre-reqs.

The only way you can die as a sorc with kaahi up is if you run out of sp. You need to keep using indulge so that you don't run out of sp.

Nah, when I was planning build i decided to only take Pwave and skip varetyr, grave and dust.
As for dying, i took more than 1k dmg from each hit and used lvl 7 kaahi, dunno why i kept dying

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users