#1 RenatoKolokoy

RenatoKolokoy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:31 PM

Are we allowed to use VPN (like WTFast) on RO2 Odin? I'm from SEA server and started to play here in Odin. Seems my ping and lag connection to the US server is ridiculous. I felt it mostly in PVP and grind.

I didn't tried to connect using VPN yet as I want to have a clear confirmation from the community itself. I tried to look over the internet but there's no confirmation if that's legal in this server.

#2 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:41 PM

Why do you think a vpn would fix things? A vpn only add passages at your connection and from what we know the lag in odin is "normal"

#3 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 882 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:50 PM

Why do you think a vpn would fix things? A vpn only add passages at your connection and from what we know the lag in odin is "normal"

VPN tunneling can greatly reduce ping times for players in foreign countries by providing a more direct route to the server, you can often reduce pings from 500-1000ms to less than 200ms. There should be no reason that they wouldn't be permitted since they don't interfere with or modify the client itself.

#4 MingMei

MingMei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:52 PM

i think it would fix the delay

#5 HolyFrap

HolyFrap

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:03 PM

I think it was already explained why VPN is a good tool for those overseas players who are connecting to Odin.

I have also the same question. Are we allowed to use that here? (as some game publishers doesn't allowed their players to use VPN).  

Edited by HolyFrap, 21 October 2014 - 05:11 PM.

#6 Gejomar

Gejomar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:26 AM

Yes, VPN can reduce the lags and delays.. the VPN tool is not just a hoax, it is the bridge for the foreign country(Players) to get in with the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users