DarkKurayami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin -n- Freya

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:07 AM

I do realize the server was released a day ago...and noticed withint public chat (oh wow works there now) people making Condor and Muka parties with groups already asking 4/5 or 3/5....

:dotdotdot: Seriously? :dotdotdot:

And here I was thinking it'd maybe take a bit longer than that (at least a week or something).....it's...sad. :mellow:

#2 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Odin

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:17 AM

With the exp boost.. Its pretty easy to get to ML in less than a day. Even with the dungeons puking players out, theres still ye old good grindin.

#3 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:19 AM

pre-renewal chaos/loki/iris: 1 trans: a year aprox for each player

pre-renewal valkyrie players coming from chaos/loki/iris: 3-4 months for rebirth aprox...

is the price of knowing your way and exp boost

#4 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:20 AM

Welcome to the new adventure with a fresh start!

This is (partialy) because of the 300% exp event. Did you expect them to handle this in a competent manner?

But hey! At least the AH is free of inflation! ... maybe. ... for now. Another advantage is that there aren't any "old" costumes on sale for you to buy, I guess.

With the exp boost.. Its pretty easy to get to ML in less than a day. Even with the dungeons puking players out, theres still ye old good grindin.

... ... ... why would you do that when you can just go and get the next quest?

#5 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:22 AM

Now be good people and farm this way like what happened in TW. Party of 5, 4 people kill 1 person loots & sells drops. that 1 person splits loot  at the end and you will have moneys in the end. $$$

#6 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:22 AM

Because its faster specially when you have a party.

#7 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:27 AM

Because its faster specially when you have a party.

Oh, with a party. Without it I doubt it, but even then, grinding alone is mind-numbingly boring!

And well, if you already quested your way to dungeons, might as well go on.

#8 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1084 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:33 AM

What was funny to me was reading people already trying to sell pandora boxes and phantom stones in the pub chat... Someone even asked me to lend 10z lol (i had only 4z), damn people is always in a rush.. But i understand that the whole Founder title is a nice motivator to enjoy the 300% and just level up without caring about the fun in dungeons and all that.

#9 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• 1307 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:34 AM

Questing involves too much running around. Even solo grinding is quicker than questing. I've leveled 3 characters to 50 like this now lol, I can't go back to questing. The thing that makes this even easier is Pandora Weapons available from level 1 (except Noels Alters, sorry there, they have to wait to Job Change at level 25) and the damage/defence formulas being garbage. This means I can 1 shot everything for a good 30 levels, then 2 shot everything for the next 20.

Edited by Arbalist, 22 October 2014 - 10:43 AM.

#10 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:34 AM

Well i solo grinded and only took the quests that gives rewards that i wanted and made it to 25 in 5 hours. Not even rushing so....... I dunno.

And yeah what Arby said. The time wasted running around, you could have gained more exp with that time. Those Pandora weapons do help a lot but even without its still easy.

Edited by jhay1825, 22 October 2014 - 10:36 AM.

#11 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• 1084 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:36 AM

Questing involves too much running around. Even solo grinding is quicker than questing. I've leveled 3 characters to 50 like this now lol, I can't go back to questing. The thing that makes this even easier is Pandora Weapons available from level 1 (except Noels, sorry there) and the damage/defence formulas being garbage. This means I can 1 shot everything for a good 30 levels, then 2 shot everything for the next 20.

No pandora's for noels? damn :/ and i have to find out now after wasting over 60 boxes on that little guy. lol I suppose it makes sense though.

#12 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• 1307 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:37 AM

No pandora's for noels? damn :/ and i have to find out now after wasting over 60 boxes on that little guy. lol I suppose it makes sense though.

To be clear, I meant no pandoras for Alters. Pandora Scythes, Handles, and Souldolls still exist.

#13 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:38 AM

The thing that makes this even easier is Pandora Weapons available from level 1 (except Noels, sorry there).

? But I leveled my crescentia with a pandora scythe.

Well i solo grinded and only took the quests that gives rewards that i wanted and made it to 25 in 5 hours. Not even rushing so....... I dunno.

And yeah what Arby said. The time wasted running around, you could have gained more exp with that time. Those Pandora weapons do help a lot but even without its still easy.

With 200% exp i got to level 25 within 8 hours, with quite a few breaks to play Smash and watch stuff.

#14 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• 1307 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:41 AM

? But I leveled my crescentia with a pandora scythe.

The "from level 1" sentence was implying you can't equip a Pandora Weapon at level 1 like normans can, you have to wait til level 25. Made it more clear now (I think lol)

#15 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:08 AM

The "from level 1" sentence was implying you can't equip a Pandora Weapon at level 1 like normans can, you have to wait til level 25. Made it more clear now (I think lol)

Oh, that.

But then half of the classes would need TWO pandora weapons anyways!

#16 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• 1307 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:21 AM

Oh, that.

But then half of the classes would need TWO pandora weapons anyways!

Well yes, but not necessarily.
You don't actually need to do job change until you want to advance to Master level, so you could go all the way to level 50 as your first class. For example, it's a lot more efficient to level up your Monk as an Acolyte (Ranged, Can self heal HP/SP) and your Beastmaster as an Archer (Ranged AOE). The other benefit to doing so as well, such as saving your job change skill reset until you really need it. Some skills you could take for level 1-50 grinding would not be useful for ML 1-30 grinding, which is where this may come into play. This is just my personal playstyle, I'm sure it's different from a lot of other people :P

But like Jhay said, Pandoras are only a nice bonus, you don't necessarily need them to grind quickly. My acolyte didn't get hers til level 29, and before that I was already tanking 10 mobs at a time in level 1 gear :D

#17 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• 1084 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:53 AM

I get a deja vu feeling... like i already read that exact exchange of posts... O.o

Anyways, i did understand that you meant alters arba lol, that's why i said it makes sense that i could only get post-change weapons. And wouldn't have an easier time one-hitting stuff with a pandora stick :P

I should try to level a 1-50 char with no class change, the only "disadvantage" would be having no blue set from the change.

#18 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:01 PM

you would have no set to wear after lv 25 <.<

#19 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• 1307 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:07 PM

Who needs armor when you can one shot everything? Pre-AOV pots got buffed about a month ago, so they heal enough to recover any damage you take if any. There's also enough passive mobs for you to grind on and sit and eat food without worry. Towns are close to grinding areas so that if by any chance you die, you pop back up and go back to one-shotting everything without penalty. I used my level 1 gear up until level 50 (didn't even notice that they don't have hats lol). EZPZ.

#20 FluffyMiyu

FluffyMiyu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Nom nom nom

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:57 PM

You can wear Pandora at level1.

I saw someone rushed to 50 within 6 hours. I doubt if they rush for the other job. Best say, it is 50/10... And I thought they said LotS is much better to enjoy.. Heh.

#21 Onepoint

Onepoint

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:07 PM

I heard that in fist time server run (and already fixed) some player can sent their staff from Odin via mail box !

to Freya. You may see some item in AH is not items for new server that opened just 1-2 days

So their staff + party leavling + 200% boost  :ok:

Edited by Onepoint, 22 October 2014 - 06:43 PM.

#22 VuoriDevine

VuoriDevine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland.

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:37 PM

You cant mail between servers.

#23 BingzKi

BingzKi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:11 PM

I heard that in fist time server run (and already fixed) some player can sent their staff from Odin via mail box !

to Freya. You may see some item in AH is not items for new server that opened just 1-2 days

So their staff + party leavling + 200% boost  :ok:

Not possible, I already try that at the server opening.

#24 Onepoint

Onepoint

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:43 PM

Not possible, I already try that at the server opening.

nvm but I just wonder how jehoon costume, bard/dancer 14 days came to new server

that opened in 2-3 days and relate with someone said. :p_conf:

For me I already try same as you and start from fresh same as other player. :p_hi:

Edited by Onepoint, 23 October 2014 - 05:44 PM.

#25 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:00 PM

nvm but I just wonder how jehoon costume, bard/dancer 14 days came to new server

that opened in 2-3 days and relate with someone said. :p_conf:

For me I already try same as you and start from fresh same as other player. :p_hi:

Because they are not wiped from gift storage so people selling them...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users