Looking forward to start Roseonline again, please help. - Class Discussion - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Looking forward to start Roseonline again, please help.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Happyd00d

Happyd00d

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:52 PM

Hi Guys,

I played Rose about 6 years ago, I am looking forward to start again, and I am thinking about building a spear Champ for farming mobs and bosses, and for a bit of pvp and war.

My plan is to invest on the Champ and so he can farm and support other characters later down the track.

My question is How much money is it going to cost to make a decent Champ?

And is this a good Idea? If it's a dumb idea to have a champ as a first character/farmer, please don't be hesitate to correct me and point me the right way.

Thank you Guys. :thumb2:

Happy Gaming.

#2 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:13 PM

Champ is a great first character. The best starting combination is to open two clients and get a champ (either sword or spear) and pair it up with a cleric.

Champions are good at farming, and the cleric will be for supporting your champ during farming and newer characters.

Any character you make will cost you a lot (in either time or real life cash if you're willing to support the game), so if you're thinking of playing casually, just start immediately with the character you really want to play.

Edited by jerremy, 22 October 2014 - 02:14 PM.

#3 Happyd00d

Happyd00d

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:17 PM

Thank you for your timely reply, May I ask the following 2 questions.

1. Is having 2 clients running at the same time allowed here? I think I read somewhere on this forum that 2 clients are not allowed.

2. Is 200 USD going to make a decent Champ for farming?(perhaps some PvPing).

Thank you.

Edit, I would like to add one more question,

3. Is Spear the Ideal weapon for a Farming champ?

Edited by Happyd00d, 22 October 2014 - 02:19 PM.

#4 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:20 PM

1. You can run as many clients as you want, but you can only be active on one (or you can consistently switch screens and use both at the same time if you're up to the task)

2. Yes, if you're prepared to drop that much money on the game you should have enough money to get sets for at least two-three characters.

3. Both spear and sword are ideal, although I'd lean towards spear, since their damage mostly comes from high attack speed auto attacks, it is easy to farm with them as you only need to target the boss once and then you can switch to your cleric to heal up when necessary.

Edited by jerremy, 22 October 2014 - 02:22 PM.

#5 VModCupcake

VModCupcake

Too Legit To Quit

• VMod Retired
  • 1259 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:29 PM

Welcome back!

Dual clienting is allowed. I find it easiest to use window mode and personally I always log in my clients in a certain order so I can quickly switch from the fighter to the buffer and back again. It takes some practice but it gets easier the more you play.

Spear champ is a good choice because after the second job you can have 6 aoe's. Making your own cleric from the start is also a good idea. Once you have a good cleric, making future characters becomes 100% easier. 

There are many guides in the Newbie Section so check out some to see builds etc. Remember for strong buffs, your cleric needs charm first and int after charm has been maxed.

Feel free to post questions as things come up. This community is always happy to help. Have fun playing!

#6 Happyd00d

Happyd00d

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:33 PM

Really Appreciated your help,

If I am to invest into my Spear Champ(Probably not going to invest anything into the cleric), where should I start, do I purchase points with money and sell those points in-game, don't really know how it works.

Sorry to be such a pest.

#7 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:41 PM

For starters, you probably want to sell the points in-game. While you can't literally sell the points, you can use the points to buy items which are most often tradable, so the person you're trading with will ask for some items, you buy them with your points, and then you trade those items for his in game money. Once you have a bit of money, you can look around for some equipment.

Thing is though, the PvP/PvM special sets (the ones that are found in the honor shop, purchased with honor which you gain from doing PvP, or valor shop, which you gain from running dungeons) are character locked, so you can't buy these from other players. Look around for a reinforced set, this is crafted and tradable. The most important part is the weapon, which luckily is tradable. It's also generally the item that will cost you the most (a +15 epic will be several billions of in game currency, although it can be less depending on which class the weapon is for and the mood of the seller).

Accessories and back item/mask are also all tradable, so you can get those as well.

Save some of your IM points for refine enhancers (plutorunes to prevent degrading, venurunes to increase refining chance, etc.). Since you'll eventually have to work towards your PvP/PvM sets which are character locked, you'll have to refine these sets yourself. Which is currently not very easy to do with just in game materials, so it's a good idea to keep some IM points leftover for thsoe.

I forgot to say this earlier, but since you have IM points, you can buy an unrefined epic weapon for very cheap, and then use your IM points to buy plutos and venus to try refining it yourself.

Edited by jerremy, 23 October 2014 - 05:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users