best garment to slot Dr card in? faw or hbp? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

best garment to slot Dr card in? faw or hbp?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 lunia1987

lunia1987

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:38 PM

Help me!!!

Help me!!!

Edited by lunia1987, 22 October 2014 - 05:39 PM.

#2 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:42 PM

I find FAW more versatile.

#3 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:44 PM

i find HBP more versatile since the FAW needs to be enchanted for best results.... whereas the HBP works off your stats....

#4 lunia1987

lunia1987

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:46 PM

Yah but for overall total neural reduction, hbp give 10% at +9 and faw only 4%. Assuming I only have 90 vit :P

#5 lunia1987

lunia1987

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:48 PM

Thanks for the opinions people! More suggestions please. I'm debating which one I should put into :(

#6 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:55 PM

As someone who got a DR card a month ago, I did some research and decided on a FAW. I like the enchant options better.

It also has better resale value than the HBP, which is nice.

#7 lunia1987

lunia1987

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:15 PM

So overall fawn is better for the Dr card?
*FAW

#8 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:01 PM

My question is how do so many people with less than 300 posts get the cards they do? I mean seriously, there's one of these threads monthly at least. My wife randomly camps Firelocks, but in over a year, she's only gotten 5 Firelock Soldier cards. There's a LOT more Firelock Soldiers than there are mini bosses and MVPs. She also MVPs, yet hasn't seen a single card drop yet (never mind her being the one getting it.)

#9 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:09 PM

post count to card ratio doesn't work lol, also it's a DR nothing crazy, prob got it from an OCA.

Back on point, you can honestly go with either FAW or HBP. HBP is a good choice because as you said, you can get the max neutral reduction. FAW has more unique features and could yield you higher damage or much needed ASPD so a DR FAW is also good. Up to you for what you want now, but aim for both! XD

#10 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:10 PM

Your post count doesn't really mean anything lol. There are people who have played ten years and not made a single post.

I got my DR from an OCA though, not from hunting. I've killed hundreds-possibly thousands fo mvps and never seen a card drop, and I am usually on vip + HE gum.

#11 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2390 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:23 PM

Hbp for me coz im a ho-greeder lol

#12 DarkGazer

DarkGazer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1842 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:28 PM

Just depends what you're going after really. I just put mine on a +9 HBP mainly for the neutral resist bonus.

My question is how do so many people with less than 300 posts get the cards they do? I mean seriously, there's one of these threads monthly at least. My wife randomly camps Firelocks, but in over a year, she's only gotten 5 Firelock Soldier cards. There's a LOT more Firelock Soldiers than there are mini bosses and MVPs. She also MVPs, yet hasn't seen a single card drop yet (never mind her being the one getting it.)

And here I thought people already stopped caring about a user's post count...

Edited by DarkGazer, 22 October 2014 - 07:29 PM.

#13 Trance3D2Y

Trance3D2Y

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:40 PM

24gtzbo.jpg

Sometimes it's all about luck. Don't be too negative about life. Most people play fair, most people don't cheat, and for sure MOST iRO PEOPLE DON'T VISIT THE FORUMS.

#14 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:51 PM

MOST iRO PEOPLE DON'T VISIT THE FORUMS.

People seem to forget this quite a lot. A long-time player that does not have a forum account, due to lack of interest in discussion/dislike of forum banter in general/assumption that there is no official forum/etc will likely create one upon having a reason to, such as being informed of it, or a topic being discussed to which they'd like to share their thoughts, or just to browse the market. I've been playing since 04 but this account was created at the tail-end of 2013. Prior to that I was a lurker. What does that tell you?

#15 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:57 PM

Okay, okay. Point taken. It's just that with all the QQ threads about RMT, botting, cheaters in WoE (the no delay discussions lately for example, and what happened with RWC), seeing so many bots...it all gets to you some times. Maybe I'll take a break from the forums. Speaking of QQing, I don't even see why the Renewal maint thread is still open...or why I've even cared to read the little of it I have. >_<

Sorry for going off-topic, BTW.

Edited by belld1711, 22 October 2014 - 07:57 PM.

#16 lunia1987

lunia1987

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:21 PM

haha ya i dont really use the forum except to post for selling equipments. Most of my post counts are all from "bumps" LOL. So I assume

FAW is the best option to put the DR in since I can always reset my enchants for whatever purpose i need.

But the max neutral reduction is so tempting from +9HBP @@.

#17 DarkGazer

DarkGazer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1842 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:31 PM

Well, I only took the HBP route because I use it for my sura... might as well take the FAW option if you don't really see the need for neutral resist.

#18 lunia1987

lunia1987

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:34 PM

Well, I only took the HBP route because I use it for my sura... might as well take the FAW option if you don't really see the need for neutral resist.

I shouldve been more specific when I started this post haha. I am planning to use this for either my Gene or GX. Mainly for PVM and MVP =p

#19 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:41 PM

DR is all good til that MVP hits you with a elemental attack...

#20 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:35 PM

I shouldve been more specific when I started this post haha. I am planning to use this for either my Gene or GX. Mainly for PVM and MVP =p

These classes need completely different enchants. Gen wants Expert Archer, and GX want's pretty much anything but. HBP is a good all around garment for both of them. As a gen, if you've got 90+ str/int/dex, then a HBP is only slightly worse than a FAW EA10, and not by too much. You'd notice the damage if you compared them side by side, but the difference isn't night and day. And the HBP would be pretty good for GX too, from 90 str/agi/luk(if you have that).

There's no good enchants on FAW that you can get that would be just as good, if not better than the HBP though. Fighting Spirit enchants are garbage compared to % Ranged Damage on a gen.

#21 DeathDealer

DeathDealer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationJefferson State

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:55 PM

DR is amazing for pvm so i did HBP since its slightly more versatile for my play style because the extra neutral resist, +1 atk speed, and for greed since i try to make zeny while i lvl. I use mine in WoE as well but DR can get u dead real fast if ur not good at gear switching. If it were strictly for woe/pvp i would of went with faw because the bonuses are slightly better and FAW can also support faster cast times while the HBP does not help cast times

Edited by DeathDealer, 22 October 2014 - 09:59 PM.

#22 lunia1987

lunia1987

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:05 PM

Well I do have 3 different FAW with max cast reduction, max ASPD (for the GX since i dont plan to get 90+ Luk) and max EA. I guess I am leaning towards putting it into my+9HBP =p. Thanks for all the information. Very helpful forum!

#23 gorgoroth1

gorgoroth1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Server:Chaos04Nov13Thor27Apr15

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:52 AM

i'll go for faw...u could spell/ea/whatever with it and use normal hbp for greed, atk/matk/long range atk u could get that from other gear/foods.

it's DR, how many more neutral resist do you need heheh pot for the win

#24 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:57 AM

I have 3 different FAW

and 2 devilings

:p_sick:

It was necessary because HPB + DR = best tanking

FAW + DR = best defense while using a FAW... obviously.

So for my "versatility", I have:

+9 (orc baby) FAW (attack speed enchants)

+12 (deviling) FAW (cast speed enchants)

+9 (raydric) FAW (ranged attack enchants)

+12 (deviling) Heroic Backpack

#25 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:11 AM

FAW is much better if choosing between the two due to how many classes that need the variable cast reduction. Actually, the best two choices to put DR in is:

1) Spell FAW
2) EA FAW

Only argument HBP might have going for it overall is for GX, but you must only play GX and only GX and never any other classes.

There's also enchanted faceworm garment for set bonuses with temporal boots now, but that's a bit more class specific.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users