• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 HappyLord

HappyLord

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:44 AM

hi simple question i just started in the new server, question is should i do quests or just grind? THANKS!  :p_laugh:

#2 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:00 AM

If you're new to the game, better pick quests to learn how the game works (and not just because of early tutorials. It's tiring to explain people how basic stuff works because they skipped almost everything).

Otherwise, get a party and grind.

#3 HappyLord

HappyLord

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:03 AM

not that new i already know how the game works, what lvl should i start grinding?  :thx:

#4 Lyrella

Lyrella

Amateur Blogger

• Members - No Sig
  • 375 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:19 AM

I wonder if with this dungeon entrance glitch, if you can even quest for the dungeons in a party...

#5 VuoriDevine

VuoriDevine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland.
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:40 AM

idk why everyone is in a rush to grind... just do quest and enjoy it while you can, im so sick of grinding .-.
you can skip dungeons with this xp boost.. lol
i did mlvl quest with lvl 25-35 gears so yeah, no need of dungeons.

Edited by VuoriDevine, 23 October 2014 - 08:41 AM.

#6 samaura

samaura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Albion Online- Caerleon

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:53 PM

I leveled really fast on the server (level 50 in about 15 hours) because I did the story quests, the only quests I did were the ones marked in Red. The exp you get from finishing the quests to kill 8-12 mobs is far more than what you would get from grinding the same mobs. You should also think about the exp boost event currently active in Freyja. 200% exp for quests make it even more enticing to take the quest route. One final thing I will point out that makes quests the superior leveling option in the new server is the Zeny you'll be missing from not doing the quests. I only made it to Sograt Desert following the story quests and I had about 500z by the time I was level 50.

As radke said, you have enough grinding to do when you get to master level.

Remember, quests open up based on level. You can skip maps to get ahead to quests that are closer to your level. I level'ed with out doing any dungeon quests also. Got to 50 in the level 25 blues they give you at class change. If you do the story quests and open Cursed Ghost Ship doing that quest is more than enough gear for the ML test.

Set yourself up for success and you will have an easy life in the new server.

#7 HappyLord

HappyLord

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:01 PM

thanks guys, ill start with the quest route again  :no1:

#8 FluffyMiyu

FluffyMiyu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Nom nom nom

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:23 PM

Don't start grinding yet. The moment you arrived at ML, you will puke.

#9 jaylyn21

jaylyn21

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:38 AM

i prefer grind w/friends hahaha!

#10 Maxscha

Maxscha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:25 AM

Personally, I prefer the quest route. If you haven't met Guard John or the other quest characters that are

referenced for fun & giggles, you simply must! It's not a necessity, sure, but it's a shame to miss out on the

quirks and kinks that add to the character of the game. Especially if getting double quest xp, & zenny too.

Grinding isn't so bad if you find fun people to grind with. Join RC/Mumble/TeamSpeak chat to make time fly.

Join in the RO2 Karaoke on Sunday for giggles while grinding xp (look in community run events for details).

Joining a guild can also make things more fun/interesting. Find a guild that suits your sensibilities & schedule.

You'll get to lvl 50 fast no matter how you do it. Enjoy it. Master Leveling has much less scenery/mob changes.

You're gonna miss the early levels once you find yourself perpetually in an unforgiving glare-ridden desert map.

That shade of orange sand is vivid enough to make eyes cross if stared at too long, I swear! I miss green trees...

#11 VuoriDevine

VuoriDevine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland.

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:19 PM

I saw something like 5 days ago.
A player that had no titles at all.
Not even "weak" title, dont be that player, get the time to understand the game.

#12 MingMei

MingMei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:24 PM

rouges(not sure about other class) needs to finish izlude quest line to advance in Master level 

not sure though if there is a workaround for it

just to be safe at the very least do Izlude Red Quest

#13 3212141213222053760

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationDarknet

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:21 PM

hi simple question i just started in the new server, question is should i do quests or just grind? THANKS!  :p_laugh:

In all games from Guild Wars 1 and 2 to World of Warcraft to Fiesta Online to Perfect World... Questing is grinding, and is always faster then mob grinding 100% of the time. The only question to grinding is how you want to do it and if you stick to the "Farmer Laws." Frey or Odin, it doesn't change. The auction and person prices do, same with intelligence.. A freshly made character with no mains or any form of a fall back on the server? Simple, quest and do both Khara and regular quests. You'll maximize your Zen income once you're level 36 and should be looking for titles. As aggravating as it is.. You should and need to do dungeons for good gear, but the chances of it really happening for you are really slim. It can happen, but just don't ever get your hopes up. Plus people are unrealistic if and when it comes to "boosting" or "running" dungeons for you. I've had ML1s do it for free and ML30s want 30,000 zen upfront. What's worse is your actual chances of getting a group of people YOUR level to do a dungeon or quest with you. I can say with 100% accuracy, all my alts (5) will never see the aid of another person whatsoever, IF it wasn't for my friends who all wanted to try out a new MMO and we started leveling together. Even so though, my friends are "End Gamers" so they want to rush out to the end game content as fast as possible and take it by storm. All I can say is don't listen to the idiots who tell you to grind condors and muka... Do the quests, try to get help if you need it. Don't get your hopes up.

#14 cch13

cch13

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationK. Lumpur, MYS
  • Server:Odin/Freyja

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:26 PM

There's another way though, I did solo grind with monster buster quest, and it level up decently, but the zeny cost hurts alot. Unless you have a character with thousands of zeny, this method is not recommended,

#15 RyuMax02

RyuMax02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • LocationMALAYSIA
  • Server:FREYJA

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:42 PM

Quest: highly recommended for first time player..enjoy the game first

Grind: for those who already played before and no longer interested with the storyline..eternal grinding

#16 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:58 AM

I would skip all the dungeon quests and most of the Khara quests and just do the story missions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users