• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 RexZshadow

RexZshadow

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:07 AM

I remember wanting to play this game years ago but remeber it being P2P so never could.... (I really hope I'm thinking of the right game or else I'll just look dumb =X)

But have some time so though I try it out few questions I have for most mmorpgs so hope you all can help me

1. How are the tank class? are they needed?

2. Whats the least played class and most wanted class(for pve/pvp)? Why?(I really like rare classes that are good but there few coz they might be pain to lvl or something although that doesn't always exist)

3. How P2W is the cash shop?

4. Severs? any thing I should know between different servers?

5. Anything else I should know?

Thanks for any help guys,

Edited by RexZshadow, 23 October 2014 - 11:11 AM.

#2 LexLoyalty

LexLoyalty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis | IGN: LexUnknown

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:25 AM

1. The tank classes are quite tanky and mostly needed for pvm. They have a roll in pvp aswell, to protect the cleric and distract the enemy.

2. To be honest I can see all classes in pvp atm.Some are more popular than others, it all comes to game play and personal preference. As far as I know, for pvp: bow scouts,katar raiders and axe champs are quite popular. I dont see many dual wield raiders , they are quite good but I guess people like the katar raider game play better.

3. You can obtain 98% of game's items without cash shop involved however it requires hard work and dedication.

4. Leonis is the older server with the oldest players and items.

Edited by LexLoyalty, 23 October 2014 - 11:25 AM.

#3 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:01 PM

Lex has it down pretty good. We are still going to be going through some class balancing, so things may be changing in the near future.

#4 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:18 PM

Just to comment on your last question if there's anything you should know: Most people in ROSE Online and on the forums are really helpfull! So if there's anything you want to know, do not hesitate to ask. There's plenty of players that will take a few minute's to even show you around in the game itself.

#5 RexZshadow

RexZshadow

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:27 PM

Which server would you recommend? would the newer server be like too empty or is the older server like too hard to get in to coz everyone so far ahead?

#6 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:28 PM

While Leonis is the older server, Draconis has been around for several years already, so it's not empty in the slightest. I do not play on Leonis, so I don't really know how the situation there is.

#7 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:46 PM

Draconis! Draconis! Draconis!

It's meant as a joke, I'm sure Leonis is equally good. I'm so tired of this question^^ Pick a server and play the game ;)

#8 RexZshadow

RexZshadow

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:47 PM

Now only if the server maint would end XD

#9 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:53 PM

Patience, lad.

#10 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:58 PM

Welcome!

There are a lot of high level ppl on both servers but if this helps, I started playing here in late June-ish and I've had my first characters maxed for awhile now- have the second set almost ready to go to Orlo (lv 180 required). In between training, I've also made some little characters of various job classes and helped clannies along the way. There is an Item Mall that you access while in-game which has items to make playing more convenient but nothing that is required in order to play. Necessary items are all available for free in the game itself- providing you are willing to put in the time and effort.

I've played Rose in one form or another for a long, long time (around 10 years total) and I still enjoy it a lot. I always make a raider and a cleric to begin with.. Cleric because having your own makes everything else 100% easier and raider because I love that style of gameplay. There have been a lot of changes made here recently and more to come so this is a really exciting time to be joining our community.  I've found most people here are very friendly and helpful.

I'm on Draconis so feel free to poke me if you need buffs or anything else. I hope you enjoy your time here [:)]

#11 LexLoyalty

LexLoyalty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • Server:Leonis | IGN: LexUnknown

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:03 PM

Holla on leonis for buffs :D

Edited by LexLoyalty, 23 October 2014 - 02:04 PM.

#12 RexZshadow

RexZshadow

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:34 PM

Welcome!

There are a lot of high level ppl on both servers but if this helps, I started playing here in late June-ish and I've had my first characters maxed for awhile now- have the second set almost ready to go to Orlo (lv 180 required). In between training, I've also made some little characters of various job classes and helped clannies along the way. There is an Item Mall that you access while in-game which has items to make playing more convenient but nothing that is required in order to play. Necessary items are all available for free in the game itself- providing you are willing to put in the time and effort.

I've played Rose in one form or another for a long, long time (around 10 years total) and I still enjoy it a lot. I always make a raider and a cleric to begin with.. Cleric because having your own makes everything else 100% easier and raider because I love that style of gameplay. There have been a lot of changes made here recently and more to come so this is a really exciting time to be joining our community.  I've found most people here are very friendly and helpful.

I'm on Draconis so feel free to poke me if you need buffs or anything else. I hope you enjoy your time here [ :)]

Can you double box? is that why cleric make things easier just double box for your own pocket healer?

#13 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:35 PM

Server choice might not make much of a difference. Rumor has it there's a merge at the horizon.

#14 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:40 PM

Can you double box? is that why cleric make things easier just double box for your own pocket healer?

If you mean playing more than one character at a time, yes that's allowed and yes also to the cleric question. Leeching along a cleric can be tedious sometimes, but the benefits of having your own buffer are well worth it imo.  Good buffs make everything much easier.

I play in window mode and with some practice, it's easy to do, :)

#15 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:34 PM

2. Whats the least played class and most wanted class(for pve/pvp)? Why?(I really like rare classes that are good but there few coz they might be pain to lvl or something although that doesn't always exist)

A support cleric is always wanted!! :rice:

I'm leveling my first character (Cleric) on Leonis too! Youkoso.

#16 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:37 PM

Here is an idea for you. Make a char on both servers, and take turns playing them. See which server suits you best!

#17 RexZshadow

RexZshadow

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 04:45 PM

nooo click moving o.- its going to take some getting using to XD

#18 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:22 AM

You can use the arrow keys to move also.

#19 RexZshadow

RexZshadow

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 09:19 AM

errr o.- I'm pretty used to wasd and mouse for cam unless i'm playing like 2D game like maplestory where using arrow key makes sense XD and I honestly rather have mouse moevement than arrow in 3D game.

#20 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:51 AM

You can use the arrow keys to move also.

And still it´s somehow retarted how we still can´t use WASD  :Emo_13:

Edited by gEddeh, 25 October 2014 - 11:51 AM.

#21 IAfjiBa

IAfjiBa

Cleric Representative/Community Member of the Month for June

• Members
  • 1451 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:54 PM

This maybe will help you :)

Game Arena:
Union War has been deleted for a while and it is replaced with Game Arena. Game Arena is a system that you choose if you wanna play a Player vs Monster game or Player vs Player. To get the Game Arena window open press: (alt + g)

(P.S The Union War Map is back and the new name is Akram Arena)

Player Vs Monster:
(Player Vs Monster games is called Dungeons)

Cave of Ulverick (200-235) cost 3,000 energy. Halls of Oblivion (200-235) cost 3,500 energy, Sea of Dawn (210-240) cost 3,750 energy.

You spawn inside the dungeon and you kill minibosses to get to the finale boss. (When killing the minibosses/finale boss you get rewarded with valor points,P.S Valor points can drop as a drop from normal mobs!) When the finale boss is dead you get a reward as uniques, chemicals, lisents, skills books.

(P.S There are quest speciel made for each dungeon)

Player Vs Player:
Draconis Peaks (221-230) cost 2,000 energy ,Crystal Defenders (221-230) cost 3,000 Energy, Akram Arena (221-230) cost 5,000 energy.

You spawn inside the arena, you are attacker or defender. Attacker gonna kill the defense team and kill all the crystal to win. Defender gonna kill the attacker team and protact the crystal. 

(P.S There are quest speciel made for each pvp game)

Premium Service
Now you are abel to do PVP/PVM games over and over and over and over and over and over again!
Every 6 hour you get a new daily box! it can a 2x exp medallion/2x drop medallion for 10 min, Box of catalyst which are catalyst stuff in, reroll hammers, Plain white t-shirt, Teletickets, Aura Blessing, Lucky spin coins, Premium points
You also get premium storage (1o Slots). You can always open your premium storage all over in Rose. If you are in Dungeon? You can open your premium storage. Are you in Crystal Defenders? You can open your premium storage!

General In The Game
Mounts is in the game.  Mount is a MOB you ride on. (It can be a Krawfy to a big Spider)

Buff Sets are removed becuse it was a bug.

The stat Charm is now to increase the buff/heals and the selfbuffs. INT these days are now for defense, magic defense and attack.

Skill uppdate is out! All skills has changed to balance out the game.

Drop Table is new. (Zulie Boxes is back)

You can now costumize your weapon! Chose your weapon (The costume wepaon need to be the same category as the weapon in the avatar tab) and put it in the costume tab.

Over 400 new gems are in the game and a new system for the gems! Read more here.
Another Link!

There is a new Item Trade Restriction Policy! Read the first post in the topic. 

There is a unbinder coupon in the Valor Shop. This unbinder coupon can ONLY unbind items that has a bound. (If the item has a lock there is NO way to unlock it)

A new storage uppdate has come into the game! Here is a video from youtube that shows how it works! 

To get more room for your storage you can buy Expansion in Item Mall! (Or buy Premium Service and get 10 free tabs. (P.S Premium Storage will not be connactable after Premium Service end. You can only drag out items from Premium Storage but you can't put in stuff.)

For more information, you can visit Rose Online Wiki!

Feel free to PM me here on the forums or in game! I am '' MyBuffs '' on Leonis server.

// Buffiies  :p_idea:

#22 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:46 PM

I hate WASD, I so much prefer the movement in Rose.

#23 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 26 October 2014 - 07:28 AM

same, i always hated that.

#24 WH0MP

WH0MP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:17 PM

Well ROSE WASD is not a good wasd obviously :P

#25 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:20 PM

Believe me, back when we had RRE you would've loved WASD just because movement was way more direct in PVP :)

Well ROSE WASD is not a good wasd obviously :P

We officially never had it. There was a player called Rescudo who had made 'Rescudo's ROSE Essentials'. If you're interested: http://forums.warppo...als-version-48/

Sadly RRE needs to be updated after every patch. Something which Rescudo didn't have time for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users