[Classic] WoE Improvement, Old members rejoining. - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

[Classic] WoE Improvement, Old members rejoining.

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#76 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Freya

Posted 25 October 2014 - 09:43 AM

Lowering the amount of castles open is the only thing I think will make a difference...

Lowering guild cap will just make people have more allied/non allied but really allied guilds.

Killing call cheaters/botters would be nice, but I doubt they will ever be able/want to get rid of them all.

Maybe updating the guild dungeons to something really worth while could also be cool.  Give pvers a reason to want to woe. 

We only had two realms open on oRo and we had about the same(if not more) amount of people we have on classic now days. Worked well, although we never had any woe1 god items made (outside of the two +3 bris given to the 1st 99 on the server).

Edited by Tribe, 25 October 2014 - 09:44 AM.

#77 digitalhardcore

digitalhardcore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:22 PM

if only...

#78 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:42 PM

Lowering guild cap will just make people have more allied/non allied but really allied guilds.

What makes you believe this?

#79 digitalhardcore

digitalhardcore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:45 PM

that's why you disable alliance with cap. it would be pretty interesting

#80 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:54 PM

It's like you forgot how wave worked

#81 digitalhardcore

digitalhardcore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 25 October 2014 - 05:00 PM

best alliance ever

#82 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 October 2014 - 05:01 PM

an alliance limit of 4 didn't stop us having 12 guilds :>

No reason to assume the players of classic are any less wily

#83 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 25 October 2014 - 05:02 PM

What makes you believe this?

No special believing required. It's been done plenty of times in the history of RO.

#84 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:48 PM

still harder to do without real alliances.

#85 kschamp

kschamp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1208 posts
  • LocationCalifornia.

Posted 26 October 2014 - 07:31 AM

It's like we have many people who want competition to grow and have impact in woe, and the other few who just leave it the way it is idc how it goes.

#86 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 26 October 2014 - 08:50 AM

impact = being annoying and preventing real fights competing over a castle and just letting another guild vegetate in the emp room and reap rewards?

kind of stupid.

#87 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:10 PM

an alliance limit of 4 didn't stop us having 12 guilds :>

No reason to assume the players of classic are any less wily

May as well make it more difficult for guilds to work together if they want to work around the system that would hypothetically be in place. 

The environment is a lot different, a lot less people care about econs compared to back then.

#88 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:18 PM

Perhaps, I stand by my stance that they really need to decide if people want to play this like a pserver or like iRO

Right now people are in both areas. I kind of like both lol

#89 VModCupcake

VModCupcake

Too Legit To Quit

• VMod Retired
  • 1259 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:26 PM

Seems to be a lot of flaming and name calling in here. Please keep things civil 

#90 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:48 PM

Thank you cupcake.

#91 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 07:34 AM

No special believing required. It's been done plenty of times in the history of RO.

I see you post in Classic threads a lot, so when's the last time you played it?

#92 broly4

broly4

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:14 AM

iRO Classic is live for more than 2 years now, and it had it's ups and down, a LOT of players tried it out and decided to go back to pservers or simply stop playing RO. These players will come back if GMs change some things, mainly the WOE scene which has been neglected for too long. The game has evolved from 2003 when I was playing on iRO Chaos in (Bamboo guild!!! :D) with huge alliances and many players. It is 2014 now, more than 10 years have passed, but woe rules didn't change on official RO. Please consider changing these 3 things ASAP:

1- Lower guild cap to 20-30

2- Remove alliance possibility

3- make all woe supplies available in Kafra shops

-Will drastically improve competitiveness of WOE

-A lot of new/old guilds will come to woe

-It's much easier for guild leaders to organize and supply their members

-With a fix number of players in each guild, a lot of tactics become valuable since we know the max strength of the opponent (numbers do count in many situations), and what kind of tactics they might be using

-As explained in many posts, the current situation on iRO is very annoying, with only 2 guilds growing in numbers to beat the other (which is very frustrating), then when 1 guild breaks, WOE is dead for some weeks (which is even worse...) Imagine the soccer World cup with a match of 15 vs 7 (one team having 5 goal keepers :D)

-I'm sure we will have 10+ guilds of ~25 members in WOE within some weeks if this is done (currently we have guilds with 1x50, 1x40,  and 5x15 members in WOE)

-Won't have half server against you

-Maybe some guilds will work together but it will be much easier to kill all of them, and tbh, I don't think there will be many competitive guild who will want to make a pseudo alliance with another guild, it's all about pride...

-Much less lags, since you will most of the times only have 2 guilds on your screen, whereas with big alliances, all of them are pack on each other...

-Those who are still playing Classic ragnarok are 20+ years old, or even 25+ years old (me), we have money (a lot of us), so we are willing to pay to WOE on a decent server

-Only talking about consumables, not equipment, which is already more than enough with rentals...

4.???

-Lowering castle numbers might be good too, but tbh idc, the most important is lowering guild cap and removing alliances!

Optional, this might require  more coding and not THAT important compared to the other mentioned changes:

-Like on pservers, you can change the BG map to a WOE castle map of your choice, it's much more interesting to fight each other in a WOE castle than to fight dual accounts on a boring map. And of course rewards can be WOE consumables...

PS:

I'm not in the same guild/group as the original poster, this is not what a small amount of players think, I am 100% sure there are much more players and guilds who are favoring this idea. You might think by reading some posts that many are against it, but it is just some players trying to keep their virtual wealth and do not want new/old players rise, because with these changes numbers/money/equips will have less impact

Edited by broly4, 28 October 2014 - 06:16 AM.

#93 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:27 AM

I see you post in Classic threads a lot, so when's the last time you played it?

I think you are confused. When I said it happened in the history of RO, I mean it happened during all of the original classic's history, during renewal's history, and there is still word its happening on the existing classic. I am sorry if you were confused and thought I said "it has only ever happened on the current classic," and not broad knowledge that anyone, even someone not actively playing the current WoE scene on classic could impart. It was my mistake in assuming you could understand something that simple.

#94 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:07 AM

Regardless, please stop trying to bait and derail this thread. You made it clear that you don't play this server and others have asked you nicely to stop.

This is a serious issue for classic and if there is going to be petty bickering and baiting... Please take your convos to pm and stop derailing the thread.

#95 VModCoffee

VModCoffee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:14 AM

Jaye and vrypwrful: Both of you need to take a deep breath and ignore each other. You've already received one mod warning. It stops now.

#96 kschamp

kschamp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1208 posts
  • LocationCalifornia.

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:24 AM

I'm not in the same guild/group as the original poster,

huehue im not even in anyones guild.  true fax.

No but seriously, you said pretty much everything I agree with.  Yes, there might be a total of like one maaaaaaybe two guilds that would be totally against this because of reasons I won't say due to not wanting a fight / hate against them.  More guilds than not would be able to have fun and compete.  New guilds will easily rise, and there will be so much fun in this.

I don't believe the kafra shop should have woe consumables to be honest, but if they made bg more fun than hell, people can have their consumables there.  They just need to fix it a little, and hell if they added more badges to tierra thats where the fights were at!

#97 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:33 AM

Jaye and vrypwrful: Both of you need to take a deep breath and ignore each other. You've already received one mod warning. It stops now.

You might as well delete all of Jaye's posts because it has zero experience or understanding of the server. As a result of not playing the server it also has no reason to care about the server's well being.

#98 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:36 AM

I need to do no such thing as taking deep breaths. I am only responding to ignorant attack posts targetted directly at me by a poster. If you want to moderate, remove such attack posts and there won't be a reply.

"It" has some dumb logic. Such as the welfare of classic not affecting renewal or gravity in general. Improving classic improves gravity's cash flow, which undeniably benefits other servers (even their other games). And the reverse is true, with a drain on finances from a failing peoduct. I am also not sure why 7 years of experience plaaying prerenewal is zero experience, or why that even comes into necessity for the comments I've made.

Edited by Jaye, 28 October 2014 - 07:47 AM.

#99 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:36 AM

but if they made bg more fun than hell, people can have their consumables there.  They just need to fix it a little, and hell if they added more badges to tierra thats where the fights were at!

Agreed, BG could be a lot better. Tierra should be encouraged over Flavius. A wider variety of consumable rewards would also be nice.

#100 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:46 AM

I need to do no such thing as taking deep breaths. I am only responding to ignorant attack posts targetted directly at me by a poster. If you want to moderate, remove such attack posts and there won't be a reply.

By responding with your own attacks back at them? That kind of behavior is completely unacceptable.  If you see a post attacking you or anyone then report it. 
Now please stay on topic. :p_err:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users