[Classic] WoE Improvement, Old members rejoining. - Page 7 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

[Classic] WoE Improvement, Old members rejoining.

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#151 broly4

broly4

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:23 AM

It's funny how the solution everyone wants is something official servers can't deliver...

iRO Classic made a lot of custom changes because they got the license, they are allowed to changed things, not like most other official servers.

#152 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:28 AM

iRO Classic made a lot of custom changes because they got the license, they are allowed to changed things, not like most other official servers.

Yeah, and that's cool, but stuff like guild capacity and alliance count should be configurable variables for the server, not hardcoded so they can't be changed. Same deal with which castles are available. I mean, I guess it's a problem that kRO didn't anticipate when the system was developed, but I can't see it being a hard change on their part to grab the variable values from a config file at runtime.

#153 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:31 AM

Well assuming they reduced castle numbers they would have to rework the loot and god system somewhat too, not a small project.

#154 broly4

broly4

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:35 AM

Castle numbers are NOT the priority here, only guild and ally cap !!!

WoE is stupid.  I would WoE only to spend time with a group of people I enjoy spending time with, not because the mechanics or combat is enjoyable.  I certainly wouldn't do it to rebuild a character.

That is because I am not interested in a character with gear.  I am interested in my character, with my gear.  For better or worse I spent the better part of a decade playing RO as the game of choice.  My character and my stuff on that character is the manifestation of my time spent.  I want my time back.

Over half of you in this thread still play this game, most of the remainder still troll this game.  You want to come up with all these stupid master plans to get people to come back.

:ani_shy:

Many people will never come back, the betrayals of this game against the playerbase cut too deep.  Those that would share the same demand I have.

This guy doesn't even care about WOE nor Classic mechanics... why are you even here? You have your char on renewal, login and go chat in pront...

Edit:

You want to fix EVERYTHING at the same time, it won't happen, it will only scare the GMs who will tell, no can do Sir. This is why the message should be clear: guild/ally cap and transfer chars from renewal (with or without equips, idc)

Edited by broly4, 29 October 2014 - 07:42 AM.

#155 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:45 AM

Add in a guild package incentive for when players join, after desired changes.

#156 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:46 AM

Add in a guild package incentive for when players join, after desired changes.

I'm not sure what this means. Can you elaborate on this "guild package"?

#157 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 29 October 2014 - 08:04 AM

It would have to be unique to something iRO since this idea, which is proven to work really well, is stolen from other servers.

Server packs

Players pick either a PVM or WoE package

Requirements for Applications

10 unique IP's requesting a guild. Applicants can only apply once, any sort of attempt to abuse the system will result in IP ban. 

Must include Guild leader, all members currently joining, screenshots or other evidence that your a unique group of peple so the GMs can make a decision to grant this request or not

PVM/Socail Package

Guild would receive an Emperium to make the guild and 10 tribals

The guild leader would be given X amount of gears that could be passed out through the guild aka guild gears. This would help new pvm guilds start off. The actual items recieved could be a fun project to make. Things like...

-2  "sets" of karfra rental gears (mostly armor, mant, shoes). 

-2x s. gloves

-1 Bazerald

-1 Orc Archer Bow

-1 Valk shield

-ect ect ect

-Some consumables ect

Guild package WoE

Guild would receive an Emperium to make the guild and 10 tribals

The guild leader would be given X amount of gears that could be passed out through the guild aka guild gears. This would help new pvm guilds start off. The actual items recieved could be a fun project to make. Things like...

-1 Valk armor

-1 Parade Hat

-1 Feather Beret

-1 Varriants

-2 s. gloves

-2 valk shields

-ect ect ect

-Some consumables ect ect

Requirements for the package

• The Guild must have a minimum of at least 10 members. Maximum of 4 packages per guild (40members).

• Only the GM team reserves the right to approve the guild for the package.

Application Format

• Guild Name:
  • Guild Leader:
  • Guild Emblem: (Optional)
  • Guild Member(s): Main classes, in-game and forum name, application link for the newbie package
  • Type of Guild: PvM/Social or BG/WoE/PvP
  • A brief introduction about your Guild:
  • Screenshots of your guild with all its members
  • Any other information you want to share

And lastly, all the members need to be registered in forums.

That is just an example. Half made up for an example and half copy/pasted. People could put a lot more thought into this to making it unique and actually helpful or a real incentive for us. I think would have fun work on that with others XD. I also kind of want to make a PVM guild w/ a package like that and with no outside help play together like new players and level! 

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 29 October 2014 - 08:08 AM.

#158 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 October 2014 - 08:13 AM

Adding a thors leveling pack into both guild packs would be ideal since with that many members leeching off the tkm would do insane damage

#159 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:03 AM

Any of those items given would need to be account bound otherwise it would crush the market on people abusing that system with proxied accounts (i can log double digit accounts from my house getting a group screenshot not an issue) just to receive items to make bank. Rental items, yes but end game items that take a fair bit of effort to obtain... hell no. It took me longer to get some of that gear than getting 99 =_=

#160 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:06 AM

It was an example. There would be things put in place to prevent things like that.

#161 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:21 AM

It was an example. There would be things put in place to prevent things like that.

I do like the idea of rental gears though so it's not entirely bad, just pointing out it'd be open to abuse >.<

#162 kschamp

kschamp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1208 posts
  • LocationCalifornia.

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:04 PM

I do like the idea of rental gears though so it's not entirely bad, just pointing out it'd be open to abuse >.<

Anything RO related is set out for open abuse.  It's that this would be more helpful than harmful to current state of loki

#163 Mischelle

Mischelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:10 AM

This guy doesn't even care about WOE nor Classic mechanics... why are you even here? You have your char on renewal, login and go chat in pront...

I care about classic mechanics in the War of Emperium.  I care so much that even if I were to play classic again, I would not WoE until the proper fixes have been implemented.

As for my character on renewal, yes, it is there.  It is sitting there at level 100, or 101, I forget.  I haven't accessed it for... over a year at this point.

I did restart on classic, partially.  My current swordsman, Mischelle, is 62/47.  I made it that far until I couldn't do it anymore, because I could not forget that I was lying to myself.  The remake is not my character.  I feels like a lie.

I am here to plainly tell all you remaining players what we who quit want.

#164 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:55 AM

I'm not sure going full blown pserver-style server features is going to improve population at all. You might get people who show up for WoE, bum supplies off someone and not log on again. If WoE gets boring even that goes away. I'm not sure classic is going to appeal to the regular pserver crowd and it certainly pushes away the anti-pserver crowd.

#165 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:30 PM

Full blown pserver is instant characters, instant supplies, instant guild levels.

No one is asking for that.

#166 kschamp

kschamp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1208 posts
  • LocationCalifornia.

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:15 PM

Full blown pserver is instant characters, instant supplies, instant guild levels.

No one is asking for that.

Wellllll maybe the instant characters.

#167 jgk21

jgk21

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:12 AM

The problem doesnt lie within woe or guild skill mechanics. The main issue is having only 800 online even during woe and maybe 150 or 200 of which actually woe. If you want to have more competition either you need to squeeze people into a smaller space by limiting castle numbers - that in my opinion is a bad idea - or just dont change anything and focus on increasing player base.

If we had 2000-3000 people online during peak times there wouldnt be any problems with competition.

Let's face the truth: even if they make major changes to the game most people who left wont come back, they wouldnt even get to know that there were changes because they dont care any more. Back in the day when Ragnarok was still new gravity even ran ads in tv to promote the game. I think some advertising on any medium could potentially bring thousands of new players and making majority out of their minority. I'm pretty sure there are a bunch of kids all around the world who would get hooked on RO like old times or even more of them because of the F2P system.

Today's reality: people dont even know that ragnarok exists anymore. Dont expect it to be popular if it isnt even advertised.

#168 Mischelle

Mischelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:26 AM

Today's reality: people dont even know that ragnarok exists anymore. Dont expect it to be popular if it isnt even advertised.

Because advertising for a game whose programming was old and broken in 2002 would be so effective.

Edit:  Also apparently appearing smack dab on the front page of steam if you query "mmorpg" doesn't count as advertising.

Edited by Mischelle, 01 November 2014 - 09:28 AM.

#169 broly4

broly4

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:50 AM

I rarely mix 2 woe in 1 video, but this time I show last week's 3x vs 5x GvGs compared to yesterday's 3x vs 3x where it was much more even !!!

Edited by broly4, 03 November 2014 - 10:13 AM.

#170 broly4

broly4

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:13 AM

@Oda: please say something positive about the guild cap, we cannot always organize our own guild cap

Edited by broly4, 03 November 2014 - 10:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users