Channel Reduction and EXP Event Server Bias? - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Channel Reduction and EXP Event Server Bias?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Pr3

Pr3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:07 PM

As we all know, it is already hard enough for the majority of us to find a grinding party for Osiris, Dark Whisper Lower, and Dark Whisper Uppers.

Our current fall exp event on Odin server was to help us with the grinding.  The exp event is increase of 30% on weekdays and 100% on weekends

This means the majority of the population would grind mostly on the weekends.  The problem is that we now face a channel reduction from 15 channels to now only 10 channels

Less channels for parties to grind on (Dark Whisper Lowers/Uppers).  Since the Freyja server had opened up, they released an exp event for 200% increase exp everyday. 

If Freyja server is suppose to be a replicate of Odin server, then why is there an bias exp event in play?  Odin server faced a channel reduction, but we don't get the 200% exp event also?

Just my 2 cents.  What are your thoughts?

Ib3Ibcs.png

Edited by Pr3, 23 October 2014 - 02:07 PM.

#2 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:17 PM

9 channels, not 10. So one condor/muka/DW group less (or 8 DW groups?).

And damn, that founder event seems less abuseable than the old one.

#3 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:19 PM

Interesting.... The fb post was edited also to say just Freyja and it used to say both servers but now its been confirmed in another thread that it was in fact just meant for Freyja. I had just assumed that they gave everyone the 200% as a condolence for the servers being down for so long and all of the problems lately, as this was given all so frequently on ro1 for problems such as this. 

Such a disappointment really. I was hoping with alot of the population spending time on freyja, that even with the ch reduction there would be some room for people to grind and maybe level some alts this weekend. 

#4 skippyang

skippyang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:28 PM

==" WP probably halve their server just to accomodate freya...

I think DW Archers are the new grind spot for most people now. 

If only priest would not take aggro when using HH.. Then that archer spot is a good go.

#5 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1084 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:43 PM

I also think the channel reduction was due to a technical impossibility of having two servers with 10+ channels each. Which in the end makes kinda pointless to have a second server.

Now, it's obvious that they made a %200 exp boost to tempt players into playing freyja instead of odin, they NEED to see players going there to justify its existence, and the only way was to make exclusive events.. Let's face it, if we didn't already have our chars in odin, we'd jump into that fast leveling up bandwagon. But since there's no new content to offer over there, that's more a bait for new players than for old.

That's the only explanation i can find for the exp boost because it doesn't feel like a fresh start, nor like a "let's have fun with friends" experience either. The few parties i've seen were just to grind faster, and/or take down the field bosses. Only a hand full of people would actually try to go questing with someone else, and then they faced that dreadful dungeon bug (which apparently hasn't been fixed with today's maint).

I'm one of those who'd love to get a higher boost in odin, but we won't get it. And it actually makes sense that we don't get it, the new server is Freyja so they need a carrot to put in front of the player's face.

PS: I'm guessing you meant 10 channels as in 9 + WoE. But maybe you should make that clear in the post lol :P

Edited by faku1810, 23 October 2014 - 02:46 PM.

#6 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:45 PM

9 channels, not 10. So one condor/muka/DW group less (or 8 DW groups?).

And damn, that founder event seems less abuseable than the old one.

There's 10 channels per server. You can still grind in the WOE channel (10). Of course when it comes to the DWU Warriors which people commonly cycle between 2 channels, you can't conveniently access it.

#7 RenatoKolokoy

RenatoKolokoy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:47 PM

I also think the channel reduction was due to a technical impossibility of having two servers with 10+ channels each. Which in the end makes kinda pointless to have a second server.

I doubt it was because of technical limitation. As far as I remember, SEA in its peak have 3 servers with 12 channels each. When two servers got merged, they add additional 3 channels.

#8 Pr3

Pr3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:59 PM

I was looking forward to leveling up an alt, it saying 200% EXP Event, but I guess not now. 

#9 4458130508113924833

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:07 PM

If you had new toys, would you play with your old, busted ones?

#10 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:16 PM

Not if the so-called "new" toys are the same as the busted ones with a new paint job.

#11 4458130508113924833

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:15 PM

Shhhh, they're new and shiny.

#12 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:18 PM

-yes another post with math-
Fromm ML1 to ML6-7 the only good spot is near the village grinding condors (o avoid to say why the reasons are clear), now whit the dummy decision to make party grind instead of reducing the mp amount and maintain the solo grind we can't have more than 1 party per channels at the same time. Now we have 9 channels and a party is a group of 5 players so 9*5=45 players grinding at the same time ONLY 45, the others have to wait this is simple impensable. The problem in dark wisper is simply worst for only 1 reason the higher respawn time that forced a channel hop now is negated because there will be for sure 45 players at the same time and if not this game has a really really really big population problem!!!

I already mentioned it delete the party bonus (revert back at when the gained exp were splitted between players) and reduce the MP requirement at 1/5 of the actual one, the time needed to lv up will remain the same but there will be more room on the same spot to grind and more than 5 players will be able to use the same channel. Not only but in this way also other mobs will be more appealing, scorpions, golem, sand mane etc.

#13 bigfatjiji

bigfatjiji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:43 PM

Upper levels of DW going to be a pain for people trying to get to 30 with that little channels to cycle through. gl hf

#14 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:18 AM

I doubt it was because of technical limitation. As far as I remember, SEA in its peak have 3 servers with 12 channels each. When two servers got merged, they add additional 3 channels.

Because they probably had three actual servers rather than one split in two. Or it had the actual possibility of having well over 20 channels.

I was now speculating that the reason for this dungeon bug is that the game is trying to send you to a dungeon channel that now belongs to the other server, but I just realized this happened in the past.

#15 samaura

samaura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Albion Online- Caerleon

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:33 AM

I know that it is really far out but the Kapri at the end of the desert are really good alternative spot because a they have a high spawn rate, and are grouped close together. There are even a few vendors and a Kafra NPC by them. There is a shortcut to that area if you can find it.

Anymore places that might be good to grind now that we have consolidated channels?

#16 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:38 AM

I know that it is really far out but the Kapri at the end of the desert are really good alternative spot because a they have a high spawn rate, and are grouped close together. There are even a few vendors and a Kafra NPC by them. There is a shortcut to that area if you can find it.

Anymore places that might be good to grind now that we have consolidated channels?

Well yeah, there's a shorcut but first you have to go through groups of the highest leveled mobs (and still walk around twice what it takes to get to muka).

Any area with a high monster density of the same kind should be fine, right? Even if not no practical. Kobolds, sandmen, golems and sapphire wolves should be good to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users