#1 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:38 PM

Okay, first of all, why is the RO Fun-gineer Laboratory still around with restricted access?

http://forums.warppo...eer-laboratory/

While more important stuff like the item description fix thread and the job class hat feedback threads have been buried in a random subforum?

http://forums.warppo...le-project-lab/

Why not merge the two, change the section to iRO Home Improvement, and make it like the Bahooka Tiki Lounge where people can at least leave feedback on stuff (but can't make new threads)? There's too many subforums as it is, why not at least consolidate these 2 since they are basically the same concept?

Edited by ZeroTigress, 26 October 2014 - 03:33 PM.

#2 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:21 AM

i asked oda about 3rd job hat, he said they dont make "3rd job hat to be adjusted" project a priority now

#3 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:34 AM

It may not be a priority, but it shouldn't be left buried somewhere where it's likely to be forgotten.

#4 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:20 PM

I'm also wondering why there's pinned threads for events in Community Chat when we have an event sub forum. Also, I find it odd that a mod will go into a suggestion thread (for example) here to stop an argument, but not move it to the correct forum.

As for the hats (not to derail the topic), imo, the GMs should just decide on what to try, apply the fix in the Sakray server, concentrate on... whatever their attention is on for, oh say, a month, see what the community thinks, and if all is well, apply the fix to the server. Just do *something* and get it over with already.

#5 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts
  • Server:Both

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:58 PM

I feel like the same thing can be said about all the pinned topics in this forum.

Right now we have eleven pins which is extremely irritating especially for mobile users:

1. Creative Event
  2. Halloween Guide
  3. Adventure Time
  4. Ralis Conundrum
  5. Charity Event
  6. October Contest
  7. Quiz Event
  8. Kill this Branched Monster
  9. Recipes Wiki
  10. Youtube/Livestream
  11. Community Raidcall
My suggestion is to move the following to creative contraptions since they are creative in nature:
  • Recipes Wiki
  • Youtube/Livestream

Move the following to an event section of their own that isn't burried knee-deep in the forums:

• Creative Event
  • Ralis Conundrum
  • Charity Event <-- maybe this one could stay since I just looked at it more in depth. Unsure though.
  • October Contest
  • Quiz Event
And the following should stay:
  • Halloween Guide
  • Kill this Branched Monster
  • Community Raidcall

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Closer to what ZeroTigress said, this is what I personally would like to see as far as front page forum organization:

Community Chat
-Renewal Updates -Classic Updates -Community Events -Bahooka Tiki Lounge

... Why do we have multiple international sections? Do we really need more than one?
There is a whole forum section completely devoted to this already (see next).
Classic and renewal events could go in the same section; why not? Most events cater to both
servers, and honestly not enough classic specific events exist to warrant it's own forum.
Coming from a classic event rep. :P Patch notes should be separated.

International Language Discussion

New Player strategy and general guides
-Homunculus Headquarters -Classic Class Guides -Swordsman Discussion, acolyte discussion etc...

... I don't see why we can't merge Classes and Guides section. They are essentially the same concept,
just different subject matter.

Technical Support and Bug Reporting
-Classic Tech Support, Confirmed Bugs

Creative Contraptions
-Creative Achieve Goldmine -(Hidden) Ro Fun-gineering

Market
-Classic -Renewal

Recruitment
-Classic -Renewal

Proposals and Suggestions
-Renewal Suggestions -Classic Suggestions -Other sections as needed?

... Fixed roughly as per original poster suggested.

I might even go so far as to suggest putting suggestion + creative contraptions together somehow, but I've yet to think of a good way to go about it. But so far I've managed to hypothetically eliminate (merge) 1 forum.

Edited by Cinquine, 24 October 2014 - 11:30 PM.

#6 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 October 2014 - 11:33 PM

that isn't burried knee-deep in the forums:

I completely agree with what you said. But I think that is the biggest problem right there: Too many forums/sub-forums. The board as a whole (not just the RO1 game section) probably needs a complete overhaul if it all looks like RO1's forums. We have a "Creative Contraptions" forum as well as a "Mobile Lab" forum, which contains all of 6 or so topics. One of the topics in the Mobile Lab is the "fix this item description" thread. Wouldn't that be better in the "Confirmed Bugs" sub-forum with the others going (back?) to Creative Contraptions, or to the Confirmed Bugs forum instead? The threads in Confirmed Bugs needs to be updated as well. Blind bug has been fixed, but it's still sitting in the Bug forum just hanging out as if it still exists when the title is usually updated with "FIXED". Something that might help is a master list of all problems that need looked into/fixed, just like the master list of updates we might be getting from kRO.

The other issue is people post mostly in Community Chat because no one really gets any "official" answer in the Proposal forum. The GMs/CMs involvement in that forum is nonexistent. Why do we even have that forum if people can just ticket+ask in the Tiki threads?

#7 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:41 PM

There has to be at least 15 or more pinned threads for me to find it annoying. Even on mobile it's not hard to scroll.

Anyhow a bunch of them are almost done anyway. Extra life and Halloween quest guide / contest is almost over.

IMO there really shouldn't be subforums except for archives... People just don't read them.

#8 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 25 October 2014 - 03:23 PM

The forum needs more official plugins/mods that are designed to present information better.  I have suggested some but I don't think anyone has enough knowledge aside from Calanor to implement them properly at least with admin access anyways.  IP.Board is full of modifications.

#9 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 05:35 PM

The main issue I'm having is with sub-subforums. Subforums are fine, but when there are subforums within subforums, what's the point? Might as well hide the threads in there.

Mobile Project Lab and RO Fun-gineer laboratory should be merged, opened to all players, and be a subforum for Proposals and Suggestions. Same with Classic Suggestions and Classic Foundry. Why are these subforums and sub-subforums separate? What makes certain people's suggestions more valid than others?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users