Nerf GTB - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Nerf GTB

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#26 kevru

kevru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 962 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:retired

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:42 AM

This kind of thread make me wish I had a gtb card already....

#27 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:47 AM

No, you don't get it.

What if a card comes out that nullifies all physical damage?  Do you think people will be OK with it since some OP items are ok?  No.

If you have GTB, you know it is gamebreaking in all aspects of this game and are trying to defend it because you actually possess it.  I have no grudges with people who possess it, since you are not the ones that implemented such an idiotic card.

But I do have a problem with people who can't admit that it is so stupidly overpowered, that it was one of the biggest mistakes to have it in game in the first place.

Weeeeeeell it no longer exists in or drops on kRO's f2p server. It DOES however exist on the p2p servers. Make of that what you will.

#28 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:48 AM

I always revered GTB back in like 2006 when we were camping kathryne keyron. To completely shut down one of the the hardest normal monsters in the game and make it do negligible damage; it was really game-breaking, but I didn't complain because it was helping me level. Its a particularly strong tool for MVPing, for sure.

These days can't they just change it to like,

[Stats in PVP areas]

Immune to the effects of magic

[Stats outside of PVP areas]

MDEF + 75

etc?

Reverse that and I am cool with it

^ what he said.

Wait, why reverse? The complete magic feature is what shuts down masquerades, harmonize, etc, buffs, etc. Isn't that what players would lose their collective sh** over if it was nerfed in PVP?

Edited by Jaye, 24 October 2014 - 05:49 AM.

#29 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:49 AM

I'll just say there is a purpose for it's existance and it is not entirely game breaking, exaggerating quite a bit on the aspects of the card and it's effects over-all in the game

It's not like there are assisstive physical attacks, so the comparison to ignoring all physical damage is not a valid comparison

#30 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:50 AM

Though there could be physical buffs. Like you could add that as the attribute to a lot of them. Like the pressure point (gentle touch) stuff as monk would be a physical/mental buff as opposed to magical.

#31 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:55 AM

Though there is no way to actually test that

#32 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:55 AM

.... it is not entirely game breaking, exaggerating quite a bit on the aspects of the card and it's effects over-all in the game...

Please stop making yourself look like an kitten because I know you are not.

Saying GTB is not entirely gamebreaking and exaggerating on the existance of completely nullifying a significant portion of damage in this game is kind of silly.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 24 October 2014 - 06:21 AM.
No call outs please.

#33 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:57 AM

lANqiXP.jpg

#34 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:58 AM

Though there is no way to actually test that

No need to test! They could simply put it in the skill description after changing up the skills in the background like that. Kind of like when they altered the solo/chorus skills of performers to fall into 2 hidden groups.

Please stop making yourself look like an kitten because I know you are not.

Saying GTB is not entirely gamebreaking and exaggerating on the existance of completely nullifying a significant portion of damage in this game is kind of silly..

Havenn is very experienced/knowledgeable, so if you're trying to call him kitten, it just makes you look bad for thinking that.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 24 October 2014 - 06:22 AM.
Edited in previous post

#35 MegaEdge

MegaEdge

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 845 posts
  • LocationSt-Jérôme, QC.
  • Server:Poring

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:58 AM

1. GTB is one of the easiest MvPs :

2. Has very little hp :

3. Relatively short respawn time :

4. Can be farmed in ET :

5. You can kill it naked :

6. Most important thing is GTB drops one of the best MvP cards in the game:

Do you see what really need to be nerfed here?

In my opinion the best MVP card is either Lord Knight Card who makes you use the Frenzy skill... it may be you but I have absolutely no use of a GTB Card since I'd rather have a +30% reduc than a nullified shield... in fact if you base yourself this fact and you try to get throught a precast I will have a better useof a Maya Card than GTB Card since Maya Card reflect 50% of the magic damage that is dealt to the user back to the caster...Instead of getting throught the precast you kill them.

#36 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:59 AM

Well I believe that full magic immunity should not be a thing in PvP, regardless of the card being indiscriminate towards friendly and hostile magic. That's why I agree with Havenn's statement.

While it's easily countered, it's also not even remotely fair to magic users, and it makes certain roles in WoE stupidly easy to fulfill. In PvP it's really just a giant middle finger to roaming Mage classes, especially Scholars/Sorcs and their unique debuffs and utility spells.

In PvM it has a lot more applicability (evens out the playing field with *certain* MVPs), though as I said earlier PvM is already broken and stupid so who gives a toss anyway.

#37 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:01 AM

I will have a better useof a Maya Card than GTB Card since Maya Card reflect 50% of the magic damage that is dealt to the user back to the caster...Instead of getting throught the precast you kill them.

I swear Maya only reflects targeted magic. It does nothing with regards to ground targeted AoE spells.

ffs Havenn you said it before I could ninja edit! Now I look silly :<

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 24 October 2014 - 06:05 AM.

#38 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:03 AM

Show me a recaller with a GTB, and I'll show you an RK with a Bellum Katz. Nothing in RO is entirely game breaking.

Also, for Maya, it's anything that doesn't target the ground. So, DB/SG would still hit you, you'd die trying to get through with a Maya. Though it should give you a 50% chance to not be stasis'd

I will give you that the PVP aspect of the card needs re-evaluation, but so does your definition of game breaking.

Edited by Havenn, 24 October 2014 - 06:06 AM.

#39 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:04 AM

Well I believe that full magic immunity should not be a thing in PvP

I certainly don't disagree with that.

At any rate, imagine if in paper-rock-scissors, every wednesday and thursday, rock was immune to paper. That'd be unfair, as paper would now be completely shutdown periodically, while the other 2 never get such a handicap. Then people would come out of the woodworks and claim its fair because on 5 other days, paper can totally ruin rock's day. But that's a selective argument, ignoring the part that isn't fair.

Edited by Jaye, 24 October 2014 - 06:04 AM.

#40 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:05 AM

GTB's effect feels more like a holdover from a time when RO was solely about PvE, but as soon as they added PvP they should have re-evaluated the effect, and they still should. The immunity is fine on bosses because their sole source of damage isn't magic, but some classes don't have that luxury of being able to switch to physical damage and they shouldn't be rendered irrelevant because of it.

#41 MegaEdge

MegaEdge

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 845 posts
  • LocationSt-Jérôme, QC.
  • Server:Poring

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:08 AM

I swear Maya only reflects targeted magic. It does nothing with regards to AoE spells.

oh, that I did not know...lol

when the card was implemented Magic classes were not able to solo anything so they needed to be in a party.

#42 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:17 AM

Wut. I think the gtb is just fine.

Hi. I'm a ranger. Pneuma blocks every one of my important attacks. And makes me completely useless. Nerf please :c

Edited by KamiKali, 24 October 2014 - 06:28 AM.

#43 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:25 AM

Alright, leave the call outs aside. If you have something to discuss about the topic please go ahead and post, calling out others kittens and such is not cool.

#44 Exhale

Exhale

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:29 AM

Wut. I think the gtb is just fine.

^^^^ this

Who cares about PvM and Ragnarok isn't balanced around 1v1 PvP. If classes are nullified because of gtb, others (melee) become much stronger against the gtb user.

Edited by Exhale, 24 October 2014 - 06:30 AM.

#45 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:34 AM

if they can change Tao card they can change GTB now go back to ur cubby holes people nothing else to see here. shooo shooo i say

#46 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:37 AM

lol if KRO does it xD

#47 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:19 AM

It is true that they rebalanced tao gunka for renewal.

#48 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:20 AM

I farmed mine and got lucky. I went in there and went head to head with 3 or 4 campers for several months. Most of the time I was up against people with convex mirrors. I got mine in its natural spawn spot. It wasn't given to me. I earned it. Its part of the game. Nothing angers me more than somebody trying to nerf something that they don't have or are too lazy to farm for themselves. If you think its OP, go get you one. Havenn wants one and is putting in the work to get it. GTB cards are hard to get. 

Im not denying the card is OP. It may be the best card in the game. If I got a 2nd one I wouldn't sell it lol. Thats why I spent the time to get one for myself. 

I just wish people would just play the game and stop whining so much. I can't remember the last time a nerf did anything good in this game. If I spend time making a 150/50 character with game mechanics that are in now, I expect the game mechanics to be the same when I get done. I invested a lot of time making my characters and getting my gear. If I farm a MvP card for a year and get one, I expect to the card to do whats in its description.

#49 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:38 AM

=[ I was there, he did. XD

#50 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:51 AM

When you think about it, its a weird sense of entitlement to think if you earned something, it should last forever without fail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users