Nerf GTB - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Nerf GTB

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#51 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:55 AM

Nerf Ragnarok

#52 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:04 AM

From what I heard GTB is disabled on kRO. Just disable GTB in PVP and WOE.

#53 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2392 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:05 AM

Hmmm im a non woe player! All i do is hunt mvps instances etc. gtb definitely helps me a lot. Sure-thing is insanely helpful and u can say its over power. However gtb owner didn't just pick it up on the floor. I'll never forget it took me 11months almost everyday at-least 8times kill a day sometimes more lol. On top of having comp as well. Thanks god back then mirror doesn't exist. So we all competing fairly no offense mirror users lol.

#54 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:07 AM

I'll take any chance I can get to offend mirror users.

#55 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:12 AM

When you think about it, its a weird sense of entitlement to think if you earned something, it should last forever without fail.

Its not weird at all lol. What is your most prized possession Jaye? How long did it take you to get it? What if it was taken from you or nerfed? How would you feel? I don't know your gear and how long it took you to get it. If you don't have anything worth anything than sure, you probably wouldn't care much. If you had a few MvP cards or God Items you would change your sense of entitlement really quick lol. 

Say you built a guild and got all the pieces for a Meg. All the people without the Meg think its OP. Some people get motivated and work to earn a Meg. Some people whine and try to get the Meg nerfed. The Meg is in the game. Its part of the game. Its in there to motivate people. MvP cards are designed to motivate people. If they are all bland and not special, where is the motivation? If all the MvP cards were like the Ifrit MvP card or moonlight flower, people wouldn't kill MvP's. We all know that the only motivation is the card. MvP drops other than the card are almost useless. 

#56 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2392 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:14 AM

Mirror user doesnt stop me from competing though sometimes i beat them by lucky teleport lol

#57 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:39 AM

Its not weird at all lol. What is your most prized possession Jaye? How long did it take you to get it? What if it was taken from you or nerfed? How would you feel? I don't know your gear and how long it took you to get it. If you don't have anything worth anything than sure, you probably wouldn't care much. If you had a few MvP cards or God Items you would change your sense of entitlement really quick lol.

I paid $16,000 for a ford fusion at a dealership. It will take me easily 5 years to pay for it. I accept that after 5 to 10 years I will need to replace it for a better car, and will have to pay all over again. I also accept that its performance will be nerfed over time and will never be as awesome as it originally was(after all, a 5 year old car rattles and doesnt acceloerate as fast as a new one, etc). I accepted it because its reality and I still make the investment because 5 years of work/pay for 5-10 years of use is fair. You only worked 11 mon ths and expect to have permanent full powered use of it forever.

Also please don't assume what I own or have access to.

Edited by Jaye, 24 October 2014 - 08:42 AM.

#58 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:45 AM

Translation: Jaye thinks better cards than gtb need to be released.

(obviously, because she can't possibly be implying that you buy a car and it get downgraded by the dealership after you buy it)

#59 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:48 AM

Yes, but have you seen the mileage of a GTB? It beats the Fusion in both City/Highway and also does not greatly decrease in value once off the lot. GTB does not have any emissions and requires little to no maintenance.

When I buy a GTB, I know I am getting what I want and if someone were to tear up my card one day and call it balancing. I'd cut off their head and call it pruning.

If someone one day just removed the engine from your Fusion, I'd be pretty pissed.

#60 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:51 AM

I paid $16,000 for a ford fusion at a dealership. It will take me easily 5 years to pay for it. I accept that after 5 to 10 years I will need to replace it for a better car, and will have to pay all over again. I also accept that its performance will be nerfed over time and will never be as awesome as it originally was(after all, a 5 year old car rattles and doesnt acceloerate as fast as a new one, etc). I accepted it because its reality and I still make the investment because 5 years of work/pay for 5-10 years of use is fair. You only worked 11 mon ths and expect to have permanent full powered use of it forever.

Thats like comparing apples to oranges lol. MvP cards don't lose value based on use or how long you have the card. God items don't lose value based on use or length of time. Its not part of the game mechanic. If it was part of the game mechanic that MvP cards are destroyed after a few years, I would have to decide if playing that type of game was worth it to me. If I still decided to play knowing the MvP cards are destroyed after a few years, I for one wouldn't whine about it. 

I said nothing about your gear. I could quote myself lol. I said and I quote,"I don't know your gear and how long it took you to get it." I don't even care what you own or car you drive. Im only concerned with what I have  :heh: 

Edited by DarkDan, 24 October 2014 - 08:56 AM.

#61 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:54 AM

I am not sure if you follow. You seem to realize the return and reliability of your investment is unnaturally good, and if it were to become more reasonable you'd kick and scream because you're accostomed to being spoiled rather than it being unfair. But stll act like that's not unreasonable of your expectations. Perplexing!

#62 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:55 AM

every time i use my tao gunka it's effect of HP increase decreases 1% per day : (

#63 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:58 AM

That HP has been going to me Kami

#64 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:59 AM

It should be understood in a digital game that things can be rebalanced at any time, or somethings usefulness may be devalued thoroughly by an update. Be it skills, items, or tactics. It happens in any sort of game, be it ro, wow, league of legends, or even pen and paper d&d or a card game.

whining because you gor years of enjoyment out of something and its not as good as it was is a bit... high on the horse.

#65 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:00 AM

I'm ok with GTB, even though I agree it's overpowered. There should be at least some very rare OP items in the game just to give people something to strive for.

While we are on the subject of nerfs though, how about nerfing Maya Purple cards? I mean c'mon, the whole point of several classes is based around the ability to hide/cloak, but nowadays it seems every other person in WoE has a Maya P card.

#66 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:04 AM

I kind of miss back on Valkyrie server when it didn't exist, but now that it does I just wish it didn't drop from such a pathetic MVP. xD

#67 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:22 AM

i just want to say,if im not wrong,iRO is the only oficial server that have GTB drop 100%.

All RO servers dont have gtb card on database,u can find in the game from old players but u cant drop.

and ... well... if u are a sorcerer u can kill a gtb user using spell fist.

gl for wl users.

#68 makingup

makingup

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:41 AM

Yea, you have access to one....but you don't have one...because apparently they're not that easy to get.

The card dropped in our ET run -_- are you going to tell me I have to steal that card and making it my own property when it dropped?

#69 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:48 AM

I'm ok with GTB, even though I agree it's overpowered. There should be at least some very rare OP items in the game just to give people something to strive for.

While we are on the subject of nerfs though, how about nerfing Maya Purple cards? I mean c'mon, the whole point of several classes is based around the ability to hide/cloak, but nowadays it seems every other person in WoE has a Maya P card.

they should make a new MVP card that negates MP effect...

#70 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:50 AM

MP is stupid

#71 makingup

makingup

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:57 AM

So apparently my opinion is pointless because I don't really own it. What the -_- community

Even if most people don't care about pvm. At very least I do care about it's balance. RO isn't about your pvp and woe guys

And for people who said "we have safety wall, pneuma, etc". Magic have Magnetic Earth to counter .... sure it has it own drawback for not working as counter on single target skill but safety wall also can be pushed same goes for pneuma. And more to it, every magic almost all has their own property, that's one of the biggest advantage/weakness of magic

#72 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:58 AM

They should just make all 3rd class magic ignore gtb. That'd be pretty reasonable. Too strong to be blocked by such a weak effect!

#73 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:01 AM

So apparently my opinion is pointless because I don't really own it. What the -_- community

Even if most people don't care about pvm. At very least I do care about it's balance. RO isn't about your pvp and woe guys

And for people who said "we have safety wall, pneuma, etc". Magic have Magnetic Earth to counter .... sure it has it own drawback for not working as counter on single target skill but safety wall also can be pushed same goes for pneuma. And more to it, every magic almost all has their own property, that's one of the biggest advantage/weakness of magic

Flee.

#74 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:03 AM

I'll acept GTB getting disabled from woe the day they bring kro's balanced stasis.

#75 TragicSlip

TragicSlip

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:10 AM

Okay, so GTB does nulify a whole kind of damage, but that doesn't come freely. In my conception, the reduction you potentially lose on a reduc card on your shield, or the left hand, your weapon, if you wield 2 handed, the SP cost increase and the fact that you can't receive buffs of any kind from any source points toward the fact that is isn't a universal item. Sure you can equip it in whatever class you like, and It is good to switch, if you manage, but it isn't something one should wear 100% of the time.

My point is: It IS an amazing card, but it certainly ISN'T worthy of a nerf.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users