Violet fear? What is it good for? - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Violet fear? What is it good for?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 redspawn

redspawn

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 09:49 AM

^tittle

I've been a DB RK all my life, but I see some guys wanting to buy violet fears, but what for? For ignition break, shield is better most of the time. For aspd build, death guidance is better I guess?

#2 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Offline

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:28 AM

Absolutely nothing, nothing.

#3 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:18 PM

It really is a pretty bad weapon functionally.

#4 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 06:45 PM

It looks fancy so they can show off to people in mid-TI, then die from not wearing a shield. (When I still played I swear almost every RK in mid-TI was using a Violet Fear.)

#5 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 25 October 2014 - 06:48 PM

It has an in game sprite unlike most weapons!~ Cool points galore~ :p_hi:

#6 Cepo

Cepo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:33 AM

For auto cast build, not wearing shield is not an issue you just have to practive the gear switch.

And yeah for Ignition Break I'll prefer Tae Go +9 the refine bonus its pretty more good.

#7 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 09:15 PM

dont be negative guys, Violet Fear is a great sword for lvl Lord Knights/Rune Knights if you have it refined, enchanted and carded of course. you just need apropiate gears for deal decent or good damage with the skills like Sonic Wave, Ignition Break and BB.

For BB i personally use a Veteran Sword with SG card and enchanted with FS.

#8 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 27 October 2014 - 09:25 PM

^ Thats what he said :p_devil:

#9 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:57 AM

First post already mentions this:

For ignition break, shield is better most of the time.

Also, two handed swords only do 75% to medium sized monsters. And most monsters are medium for PVM purposes. So it ends up doing about the same damage as one handed swords like the red twin edge but with much less defense (no shield!!!)

Then for large, Hurricane Fury actually does more damage due to much higher attack.

Most MVPs are large but... you do need a alice shield for any MVPs that don't tickle.

If you still insist on using gimped two handed swords, even a Tae Goo Lyeon is generally a better choice due to the SP, p.dodge, and skill delay bonuses which are far more useful than Violet Fear's and the small ATK difference. Veteran Sword is still a decent weapon for early stages of leveling.

#10 5936130809090831630

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:07 PM

VF and TGL are 2 best sword for different purpose. for me VF>TGL in PvM because 275atk and 5%defence piercing (which make TGL damage like a joke).

TGL only better in MvPing because the defence piercing from VF doesn't work for MvP. so 250atk and 1% chance to get +50atk will make TGL a bit more damage.

of course better make a GX or a Ranger for MvPing, because aspd RK dps kinda low.

but in case you somehow get 200str for your RK, VF will always a better sword than TGL in terms of damage (the +50atk doesn't make TGL better). the only downside to VF is it has some annoying autocast (meteor storm) which makes you can't use skill until meteor storm delay done.

for Death Guidance, it's not so good imo. i just use that sword when i feel like it. it has pretty bad damage compared to TGL and VF.

#11 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:24 AM

if you still need to argue 1+1=3 after kasshin has explained modifiers you are in a lot of trouble

leveling = mobbing is fastest, and one shotting them will limit damage you take and pots you burn. going agi crit is tough to begin with since you dont get 2x crit like katar, and if you go agi and luk build your damage is likely to be shot, with size modifiers in mind

without a shield many mvps will chomp you, and even for high level monster you are quite likely to get gimped

#12 5936130809090831630

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:29 AM

if you just want to compare damage, then let's say 100str RK wearing VF 275atk vs RTE 160atk

VF atk will be 412 on large, 309 on medium, 206 on small

RTE atk will be 180 on large, 240 on medium, 180 on small

i do think about size mod when i was posting this. well if you think 232atk on large, 69atk on medium and 26atk on small is some kind of inegligible damage, then .....

oh btw this is just for aspd RK, i know you can wear spear/axe/2sword/1sword/knife/mace for just IB build, and this sorted down just to 2sword/1sword if you plan using BB too. but aspd RK normally using 2sword (unless you have linker slave)

oh what i meant by MVPing is some weak MVPs, i don't know if he was thinking about killing valk/beelze/ifrit/nagthsieger or other OP Mvps solo with his aspd RK, what i'm thinking is something like Nid, which is not so hard.

#13 xxccxx

xxccxx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • Server:I

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:04 PM

Absolutely nothing, nothing.

Came here to find this comment, thank you for making my day.

#14 SaintMichael

SaintMichael

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationHeaven

Posted 29 October 2014 - 03:31 PM

You know what's funny I don't remember Accidus being a medium sized monster... My point is large monsters are just as plenty full as medium. So the main question is shield or no shield. Violet fear gives you two card slots so 2 x hunter fly card, combined with Vanargand Helm, and Sky deleter card in the armor solves that issue, throw in a nid garb for infinite SP and extreme survivability. Mind you this is a PVM setup, RKs aren't really that great at MVP or soloing instances so I wouldn't bother trying to gear them for that. This same setup can be obtained with Tae Goo Lyeon which is superior at +9, in conclusion Violet Fear is a cheaper alternative with a cool in game skin to a +9 Tae Goo Lyeon.

#15 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:17 AM

Hurricane Fury beats Violet Fear in almost every way for IB. Higher damage on large, higher damage on medium (and medium resist too!), maybe lower damage on small.

Card slots don't make up for lack of shield, especially since red twin has even more card slots (three). Even three hunter fly cards don't tend to be enough to keep you alive by themselves.

ASPD build is fail in general. With the same budget or less budget, IB and HS can do similar or higher DPS. Yes you can use IB an AOE skill on MVPs! Good for clearing MVP slaves who hit hard too. For the MVPs that don't hurt and don't need an alice shield, any class with any build can kill them. So you might as well spec for a build that can do the easy ones AND the harder ones! One argument ASPD might have going for it is to use CRIT for MVPs with high flee or agi up and DB can't hit. There aren't that many of those though and your choice of class killing that MVP would be... questionable.

There is also one hand quicken with soul link but I don't know anyone who does this.

Tae Goo Lyeon is much cheaper on iRO compared to Violet Fear at the moment.

Red Twin also has the nice little bonus of being fire element by default so you don't have to use converters for higher IB damage.

Hunting Spear is also a good cheap weapon for IB with 100% to all sizes when mounted.

#16 SaintMichael

SaintMichael

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationHeaven

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:55 PM

Bro hurricane fury costs 100 mil un upgraded, Tae Goo Lyeon is also 100 mil at plus 9 which is only better than violet fear at plus 9. Violet fear is about 21 mil and is good at plus 4. Red twin isn't that good because u can just use a imp hat for a 20 minute fire element enchant, also you wouldn't throw three hunter fly cards in it lol u'd throw two sword guardian and 1 hunter fly so you can use bowling bash with IB, which is about 78 mill plus the sword so that's about 90 mill, yeah great if your rich. ASPD build??? What are you talking about IB is for mob farming you would have about 95 VIT with it so I don't know were you got that idea from... No that's just a stereo type, you can survive with out a shield easily as long as you use the setup I provided above basically sky deleter ensures u get hp every time a mob is killed and the vanargand(pirates folly also works, but not as well) basically activates the 2 hunter fly cards non stop, add Nyd for infinite sp as well. So yeah Hurricane fury is a better choice if you can afford it...(sarcasm) but seriously I wouldn't waste 100 mil on an axe that was made for a mechanic. Hunting spear would work, but come on now it doesn't have its own skin!     

Edited by SaintMichael, 31 October 2014 - 07:26 PM.

#17 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:08 PM

LOL hurricane fury for RK? you made my day hahahahahha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users