[ Renewal ] Current State of WoE - Page 22 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 12 votes

[ Renewal ] Current State of WoE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1165 replies to this topic

#526 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:17 AM

That's all it is in the end, an Illusion.

If there's no competition, how can anyone be satisfied at the end of the day?

You play this game mostly for MvPing don't you?

I bet you get a rush when a card actually drops. Would you get that same rush if an NPC was handing the card out to you?

Yes, I do mostly MVP, haven't really been serious serious about WoE since I was in Volkiba on Ygg and shortly after the merge. I have enough distaste for those who get the items easily that I work very hard for though I believe Gods/MVPs should never be removed from WoE, period. 

I MVP hard to become a stronger player, crafty and to amass some gears that have become necessary to become a force in the current state of WoE.

I will not join a super-power when I can feel myself making an impact for a core group of players and enjoy my time being a major contribution to the fight - not in the same way someone is a major contributor by alting 5 mechs. 

I had my time fighting as a mercenary for Valkyrie on Renewal, basically what Volkiba/Sanctuary became and I never wanted any part of it. It is literally what you said, joing for the illusion of winning. Winning with a super power isn't as fun as losing with a small guild. Because one time, your small guild will stomp some people and the feeling is unparalleled.

If I had my way, I would still be on Ygg server. Though since we're all here, I will do what I can to have fun, and it won't be joining a super power. They can do what they like, farm what they want, but at the end of the day a bank of 600 bryns is just pathetic. 

I'm just here to have fun, I am not asking anyone or anything to change. I believe things will change on their own, whether for good or bad, there is very little that can be done to influence the current situation. Yes, you can make half the server fight the other half of the server ( well, actually this thread proves that you cannot, even if you do try.) , but what does this do? Same fight, every time. Not fun.

Edited by Havenn, 30 October 2014 - 08:27 AM.

#527 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:24 AM

Yes, I do mostly MVP, haven't really been serious serious about WoE since I was in Volkiba on Ygg and shortly after the merge. I have enough distaste for those who get the items easily that I work very hard for though I believe Gods/MVPs should never be removed from WoE, period. 

I MVP hard to become a stronger player, crafty and to amass some gears that have become necessary to become a force in the current state of WoE.

I will not join a super-power when I can feel myself making an impact for a core group of players and enjoy my time being a major contribution to the fight - not in the same way someone is a major contributor by alting 5 mechs. 

I had my time fighting as a mercenary for Valkyrie on Renewal, basically what Volkiba/Sanctuary became and I never wanted any part of it. It is literally what you said, joing for the illusion of winning. Winning with a super power isn't as fun as losing with a small guild. Because one time, your small guild will stomp some people and the feeling is unparalleled.

If I had my way, I would still be on Ygg server. Though since we're all here, I will do what I can to have fun, and it won't be joining a super power. They can do what they like, farm what they want, but at the end of the day a bank of 600 bryns is just pathetic. 

I'm just here to have fun, I am not asking anyone or anything to change. I believe things will change on their own, whether for good or bad, there is very little that can be done to influence the current situation. Yes, you can make half the server fight the other half of the server, but what does this do? Same fight, every time. Not fun.

I think a lot of it has to do with attitude.

Personally, I feel the same way you do about making an impact.

To me, no one matters in a super guild. It's good to feel like you matter and to be appreciated for what you bring to the table.

#528 elfiepie

elfiepie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:32 AM

I read it, I understand it, I know where you came from.

You're talking like you know what's going on, which you clearly don't.

Like I said and like I will continue to say, you're under the illusion of winning and now you're addicted to it.

You even said yourself that you can from a smaller guild and are used to being kicked around.

I have played this game for a good while. I have been on the winning side, I have been on the losing side.

People play this game for a variety of reasons. I'm not putting you down for wanting to win.

Over the years, I have seen people jump ship when they start to lose.

Personally, I would rather fight to get back on top, but you need a key resource for that to happen and that resource is players.

When you have guilds trying to purposely make people quit, that's just pathetic. If you really wanted competition and a true sense of winning, you would take steps to make that happen.

Well you can keep saying that I'm under the illusion of winning and I'm addicted to it. But nope, I do know myself and I'm not and me saying that I will go back to my small guild once my leader is back must be a proof for you that i can simply have fun with small guild as well and the important thing for me is not winning. It is not like they are giving the castle drops to me. Why would i care?

On the other hand, everyone thinks that they are right. People have opinions. So try to respect instead of having bad assumptions.
But I think we have nothing to talk since you think I'm just a person that wants to win but nothing else. I will not try to convince you anymore if this post won't. Because thread is not about me. It is about woe. So it really doesn't matter what I want as well.

#529 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:37 AM

Well you can keep saying that I'm under the illusion of winning and I'm addicted to it. But nope, I do know myself and I'm not and me saying that I will go back to my small guild once my leader is back must be a proof for you that i can simply have fun with small guild as well and the important thing for me is not winning. It is not like they are giving the castle drops to me. Why would i care?

On the other hand, everyone thinks that they are right. People have opinions. So try to respect instead of having bad assumptions.
But I think we have nothing to talk since you think I'm just a person that wants to win but nothing else. I will not try to convince you anymore if this post won't. Because thread is not about me. It is about woe. So it really doesn't matter what I want as well.

You have been saying you're going back to your smaller guild for well over a year now.

I know people have opinions, but most of the things you posted were statements.

You actually contradicted yourself a lot in your initial post.

We can just agree to not argue anymore, but what I said stands and I do believe that you're around because you like to be on the winning side.

You have little to no interaction with people in Animosity. I was in guild for the majority of the time that you were and you were never around other than posting pictures of yourself on the forum.

#530 elfiepie

elfiepie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:50 AM

You have been saying you're going back to your smaller guild for well over a year now.

We can just agree to not argue anymore, but what I said stands and I do believe that you're around because you like to be on the winning side.

You have little to no interaction with people in Animosity. I was in guild for the majority of the time that you were and you were never around other than posting pictures of yourself on the forum.

I did not because my leader is not back and my guild is still disbanded. So I should go to a disbanded guild. Lol'ed. I have interaction with my guildies, maybe you don't know that but your lack of knowledge about my friendships doesn't change anything.
Again, this is not about me so you don't have to attack me personally :) If you want to do that, you can use direct message. And we can argue more if you want to have more assumptions about me. But not here.

#531 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:56 AM

It's an MMO. If you want a game that's PURELY skill based play an FPS. There is supposed to be disparity between a veteran player that's collected a ton of gear and a player that's just starting. That's what makes MMOs enjoyable and feel like your character matters.

If you disable high end gears in WoE you will literally kill the game. The players that are the most invested will quickly lose interest.

You can show them where they can get to and how to get there, you shouldn't just give it to them though. That's a huge part of the game.

This isn't how PvP in other MMOs works at all. Other games don't just throw fresh-faced newbies with no gear and zero rating against bronze gods with 3000+ rating and the best PvP gear in the game. They strive for fairness because the developers understand that new players won't participate unless they can compete against other people on their level; if players aren't participating, PvP grows stagnant and dies, PvPers complain that nobody PvPs anymore, they get bored and leave. Sound familiar?

Since RO doesn't have matchmaking tiers, and therefore doesn't filter out who can fight who based on gear/skill, it stands to reason that one of those factors (in this case, gear) should be removed from consideration in an attempt to level the playing field a bit. Yes, newcomers will still get stomped by opponents with superior skill, but since skill is acquired by playing regularly and figuring out what does/doesn't work, it's a lot easier for new players to rise to the challenge presented by veterans.

Other MMOs would never have let PvP reach the state it's in currently on RO. It's just another reason why this game sucks.

#532 Pred

Pred

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:56 AM

The cons of reducing guild size and disabling alliance are that it won't change much of anything.  The guilds that come out on top will be the guilds that coordinate, plan, and execute complicated plans.  Reducing guild size and disabling alliances will NOT result in GvG free-for-alls.  So if that's the reasoning behind suggesting that we might as well not bother going down that path.  If the idea is to make being an alliance leader a more challenging and thought-provoking role, then I'm all for it.  It sounds challenging and fun.

As for having set sized teams, with item/skill restrictions... That sounds like we should be changing battlegrounds or the WoE PvP maps, not WoE itself.  Maybe the solution is to have an arena to designed around GvG battles, because WoE is not a good place for that.  When you think about it, WoE is more of a large scale tower defense game than it is a battle arena.  Also, there will always be guilds looking to interfere wherever there's action, like moths to the flame, which is often why alliances are made in the first place.

Is it possible for the GMs to set up some kind of new PvP/BG maps?  Maybe have something like an instanced map with item/buff/size restrictions for ad hoc USRC style fights on a GvG scale?  It could be a KvM style battle but where a guild posts that they want to GvG another guild, and sets the team size for the two teams, and an expiration time on the challenge.  The challenged guild then shows up if they accept the challenge, and the two guilds can duke it out in an isolated, restricted, map.  Something like that would probably require guild leaders to communicate with each other more.  Using a system like this, we could even expand it to create a ranking system to gives guilds something like an ELO rating that's publicly available to give guilds motive to get involved.

Any rewards for such a system should be limited to guild supplies, if anything at all. The purpose of this should be strictly for the fight so there's no crying about "farming the server".  Also, having some kind of ELO type system for guild ranks, along with the item restrictions, should help make it easier for newer guilds to get involved.  We could have tiers like 8v8, 20v20, and 56v56.  Could also have different types of arenas, like copies of WoE maps that allow respawning for WoE-style GvG with no chance for interference, or more flat/unbiased maps like the current WoEPvP maps.

A system like this might be too complicated to pull off for the GMs, but I think it could help.

#533 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:58 AM

There are other small guilds, like Smokies, and LR, especially "Smokies" that FU used to work with closely before FU got disbanded. There are always choices but it depends if a person will choose it or always bring up excuses. I was in FU since I started my WoE path, although I didnt socialize much with people in FU due to my highly independence and serious solitude, but I can say the guild leader trusted me 100%, so I think I know what I am talking :p_devil:

Sorry I tired to not post anything that non-related to WoE but I just couldn't. Bull-_- lying just too nasty to even read :p_ang:

And before anyone accuses me that I also left Smokies to join winning SL, let me make it clear that I left Smokies to join SL at a hope that SL would be able to fight Animosity 1-1 to re-balance the server, not because SL was owning. I quitted SL as soon as SL started allying Animosity casually and that went against what I stood for or the reason why I joined SL at the first place.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 30 October 2014 - 09:31 AM.

#534 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:05 AM

Can you guys please direct all these attacks into PM please...

Well as I see it, the current huge alliance is satisfied with the way things are because they are dominating. And are absorbing more forces and smaller guilds into them, killing the variances on the server. They claim their opposition should form a huge alliance against them. Or deal with it.

Here's how why it doesn't work. Because the huge alliance already absorbed so many forces into them, there really isn't any other forces for the remaining guild to ally up and fight them on a level where there's even a chance.

The huge alliance is trying to force the impossible, small guilds that doesn't want to lose their identity too and merge into big ones. Also because of the lag. Lag has always been an issue on RO and the server simply cannot handle it. Plus population. The population on RO isn't exactly as high as before, where we get 5k-6k players. I believe guild cap and alliance limit was initially set to accommodate to that sort of population RO once has but now no longer do.

Many of the players on RO these days quit the WOE scene and focus on PVM aspect because they simply do not like to deal with being zerg rushed, or one shot in WOE scene, no chance to win even if they DID try, competition is stale etc. 

And so what would happen if the current situation continues? You will start seeing smaller guilds losing interest to entertain the big alliance in a war. Their members starts quitting the game, and small guilds disbands. The WOE scene starts dying, huge alliance will just dominate all the forts and farm it, dead server and Ymir 2.0 again.

It's extremely predictable for a guild of 25 going against a guild of 80, despite both have gods and mvps, it's still not going to change anything. What happens if the guild of 25 gets their ally in and totalling their number up to 80 to fight with similar numbers? The guild of 80 gets their other 2 allies in and totalling their number up to 120.  Still severely outnumbered. You keep asking the opposition to rise up, it's just not going to happen. Period.

So again, does the GM want this to happen? I really would like to hear what the GMs have to say after 22 pages of discussion. This history is starting to repeat itself. And are they going to do anything about it before it's too late?

#535 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:06 AM

The cons of reducing guild size and disabling alliance are that it won't change much of anything.  The guilds that come out on top will be the guilds that coordinate, plan, and execute complicated plans.  Reducing guild size and disabling alliances will NOT result in GvG free-for-alls.  So if that's the reasoning behind suggesting that we might as well not bother going down that path.  If the idea is to make being an alliance leader a more challenging and thought-provoking role, then I'm all for it.  It sounds challenging and fun.

As for having set sized teams, with item/skill restrictions... That sounds like we should be changing battlegrounds or the WoE PvP maps, not WoE itself.  Maybe the solution is to have an arena to designed around GvG battles, because WoE is not a good place for that.  When you think about it, WoE is more of a large scale tower defense game than it is a battle arena.  Also, there will always be guilds looking to interfere wherever there's action, like moths to the flame, which is often why alliances are made in the first place.

Is it possible for the GMs to set up some kind of new PvP/BG maps?  Maybe have something like an instanced map with item/buff/size restrictions for ad hoc USRC style fights on a GvG scale?  It could be a KvM style battle but where a guild posts that they want to GvG another guild, and sets the team size for the two teams, and an expiration time on the challenge.  The challenged guild then shows up if they accept the challenge, and the two guilds can duke it out in an isolated, restricted, map.  Something like that would probably require guild leaders to communicate with each other more.  Using a system like this, we could even expand it to create a ranking system to gives guilds something like an ELO rating that's publicly available to give guilds motive to get involved.

Any rewards for such a system should be limited to guild supplies, if anything at all. The purpose of this should be strictly for the fight so there's no crying about "farming the server".  Also, having some kind of ELO type system for guild ranks, along with the item restrictions, should help make it easier for newer guilds to get involved.  We could have tiers like 8v8, 20v20, and 56v56.  Could also have different types of arenas, like copies of WoE maps that allow respawning for WoE-style GvG with no chance for interference, or more flat/unbiased maps like the current WoEPvP maps.

A system like this might be too complicated to pull off for the GMs, but I think it could help.

That would just lead to abusive farming that mostly benefits larger guilds.

You have enough people to make it happen easily.

This is a WoE discussion and your ideas do nothing to change the current WoE situation.

#536 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:10 AM

There are other small guilds, like Smokies, and LR, especially "Smokies" that FU used to work with closely before FU got disbanded. There are always choices but it depends if a person will do it or always bring up excuses. I was in FU since I started my WoE path, although I didnt socialize much with people in FU due to my highly independence and serious solitude, but I can say the guild leader trusted me 100%, so I think I know what I am talking :p_devil:

Sorry I tired to not post anything that non-related to WoE but I just couldn't :p_ang:

And before anyone accuses me that I also left Smokies to join winning SL, let me make it clear that I left Smokies to join SL at a hope that SL would be able to fight Animosity 1-1 to re-balance the server, not because SL was owning. I quitted SL as soon as SL started allying Animosity casually and that went against what I stood for or the reason why I joined SL at the first place.

Yeah, I noticed that you had a FU tag.

When Triki stopped doing WoE, a lot of us Valk people temped there for a while and it was fun.

It's honestly surprising that some people claim to not be there for the winning side, but other ended up in guilds like Smokies because they actually enjoy playing the game.

If you only log in for WoE and are in a "winning" guild, then don't communicate with anyone outside of WoE, you're there for that winning illusion.

That's the last I'll post on the matter.

#537 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:12 AM

At the end of the day...

We had a good time fighting between ourselves... so there's always an option in case guilds decide to boycott WoE.

With this right hand... I'll destroy that illusion of yours! - Touma

Edited by Mulder1, 30 October 2014 - 09:13 AM.

#538 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:17 AM

Can you guys please direct all these attacks into PM please...

Well as I see it, the current huge alliance is satisfied with the way things are because they are dominating. And are absorbing more forces and smaller guilds into them, killing the variances on the server. They claim their opposition should form a huge alliance against them. Or deal with it.

Here's how why it doesn't work. Because the huge alliance already absorbed so many forces into them, there really isn't any other forces for the remaining guild to ally up and fight them on a level where there's even a chance. (1)

The huge alliance is trying to force the impossible, small guilds that doesn't want to lose their identity too and merge into big ones. Also because of the lag. Lag has always been an issue on RO and the server simply cannot handle it. Plus population. The population on RO isn't exactly as high as before, where we get 5k-6k players. I believe guild cap and alliance limit was initially set to accommodate to that sort of population RO once has but now no longer do.

Many of the players on RO these days quit the WOE scene and focus on PVM aspect because they simply do not like to deal with being zerg rushed, or one shot in WOE scene, no chance to win even if they DID try, competition is stale etc. (2)

And so what would happen if the current situation continues? You will start seeing smaller guilds losing interest to entertain the big alliance in a war. Their members starts quitting the game, and small guilds disbands. The WOE scene starts dying, huge alliance will just dominate all the forts and farm it, dead server and Ymir 2.0 again. (3)

It's extremely predictable for a guild of 25 going against a guild of 80, despite both have gods and mvps, it's still not going to change anything. What happens if the guild of 25 gets their ally in and totalling their number up to 80 to fight with similar numbers? The guild of 80 gets their other 2 allies in and totalling their number up to 120.  Still severely outnumbered. You keep asking the opposition to rise up, it's just not going to happen. Period.

So again, does the GM want this to happen? I really would like to hear what the GMs have to say after 22 pages of discussion. This history is starting to repeat itself. And are they going to do anything about it before it's too late?

(1) It is not Animosity's fault. They accept those who apply. Dont blame Animosity and no they dont adsorb many forces, but those forces want to join themselves. Blame those who have insecurity issues and cant deal with losing, even in game.

(2) Disabling mvps/gods will prevent newbies getting oneshotted. Putting some limited guild cap wont help much actually and to be honest, NAPs will always be there. Zergs rush is inevitable. No matter how fair we want our life be, it will never be fair so deal with it. Zerg rush is not something the GM team can do. I dont mind zerg rushs at all. The worst thing I can come up is, why the puppy our guild keep getting zerg rushs? Why so much hatred toward our guild? But as long as gears are somewhat similar and teamworks become more important as long as new players have a chance to enjoy the fun without getting one shotted, I am happy even if I die or our guild loses.

(3) That is what some hypocrites want. While their mouth says they want a competitive WoE, their action is actually the opposite. In the end if WoE dies, then the server dies, Gravity suffers most, then most invested people (ie. mvp prices drop since no one WoEs anymore and people starts leaving. Mvps are not that important in ET or instances either) suffer secondly. Those new players who have not invested much wont even suffer much.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 30 October 2014 - 09:29 AM.

#539 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:27 AM

Another issue that might factor into WOE is the the cost to participate. Items are usually provided by the leads, but the gears are not. In order for a player to participate in the WOE scene, he/she will have to cough up roughly 1B just to get get their feet wet in the WOE arena. This does not include cards, over-upgrades (past +10), God items, or MVP cards. This could be a problem for those who are not willing to spend xx amount on an MMO or if they don't have an income for it.

Disclaimer: This is just my estimate of the average price of required gears for WOE.

+9 CEB or RPB = 150M

Top + lower headgears = 150M on average if not including top tier items like hankie in mouth and Maya Purple.

+9 Immune Shield or Valk Shield = 150M

+9 WOE armor = 150M

+9 WOE garment = 150M

+9 WOE footwear = 150M

Accessories = 100M if not counting the RWC Accessories.

That's pretty cheap if someone had the $$ to drop on WPE.

Otherwise, yes, I agree. Although you don't need some of the gears to be over upgraded that much.

#540 Pred

Pred

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:34 AM

Explain how my idea would lead to "abusive farming".  The entire point of a system like that is that it's easily modified to not be farmable.  If your concern is that big guilds will just make a bunch of sub guilds to beat for points, then that's the reason for an ELO like rank system.  You'd have to fight guilds that have a good amount of wins against other decent guilds to up your rank.

Plus with the rankings being public, if you spot alt guilds of already ranked guilds rising up, you could report that to the GMs, and they can intervene if they feel necessary.

I'm offering an alternative because for the past 21 pages we've had the same ideas discussed pretty much to death.  I don't see you coming up with ideas, just agreeing with people you like and disagreeing with people you don't like.  I get that it doesn't change WoE in and of itself, but what I'm suggesting is that maybe WoE isn't what everyone actually wants.  In fact it sounds like most people don't like WoE, and only use it as an arena for GvG.  I'm offering a solution that may in fact become MORE popular than WoE is, if so many people are as truly interested in just GvG as they claim.

#541 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:34 AM

Again with this "recruit more people", and again I ask, FROM WHERE? The server population simply does not support having two alliances as big as the current one, so what, we're doomed by default then? Think outside of the box for about 5 minutes and realize that this isn't about you or your guild, it's about the state of the server and WoE. When only YOUR guild is having "fun" - and not all of them, might I add - there is a problem. If you can't see that then I don't think any amount of logic will open your eyes.

#542 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:37 AM

spores and elder willows have a veritable army of "players" just waiting for the first mega alliance to recruit them into their ranks.

#543 4876140104011342890

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:42 AM

That's pretty cheap if someone had the $$ to drop on WPE.
Otherwise, yes, I agree. Although you don't need some of the gears to be over upgraded that much.

Pretty cheap..Lol. Can someone enlighten me what he mean by pretty cheap? Sorry I'm new here

Edited by Inubashiri, 30 October 2014 - 09:54 AM.

#544 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:45 AM

Pretty cheap..Lol. Can someone enlighten me what he mean by pretty cheap? Sorry I'm new here

You may want to refrain from calling someone names, you can just ask what he means by it.

Edited by Inubashiri, 30 October 2014 - 09:55 AM.

#545 Magmag

Magmag

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:48 AM

Mys is referring to the fact that there are many means to get these items through using WPE. He is correct. Real life money can get you WoE gears. If not, zeny can buy you the points to get them through those means as well.

Edited by Magmag, 30 October 2014 - 09:49 AM.

#546 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:49 AM

Explain how my idea would lead to "abusive farming".  The entire point of a system like that is that it's easily modified to not be farmable.  If your concern is that big guilds will just make a bunch of sub guilds to beat for points, then that's the reason for an ELO like rank system.  You'd have to fight guilds that have a good amount of wins against other decent guilds to up your rank.

Plus with the rankings being public, if you spot alt guilds of already ranked guilds rising up, you could report that to the GMs, and they can intervene if they feel necessary.

I'm offering an alternative because for the past 21 pages we've had the same ideas discussed pretty much to death.  I don't see you coming up with ideas, just agreeing with people you like and disagreeing with people you don't like.  I get that it doesn't change WoE in and of itself, but what I'm suggesting is that maybe WoE isn't what everyone actually wants.  In fact it sounds like most people don't like WoE, and only use it as an arena for GvG.  I'm offering a solution that may in fact become MORE popular than WoE is, if so many people are as truly interested in just GvG as they claim.

I guess you haven't played many games outside of RO then.

ELO systems are highly prone to being abused. I have played several games with systems like these and there's always issues.

The thing is, people don't want some slapped together alternative. They want to do WoE in a stable environment, not one where people will absorb anyone they can in an attempt to bully someone they don't like into not playing the game at all.

This is a very toxic situation that we're in at the moment.

There's a saying and it goes like this: "You run into an ^_^ in the morning, you ran into an ^_^; you run into friends all day, you're the ^_^"

That can be applied here easily. Go back and look at the posts from members of your alliance that are posting.

Look at the up votes on these posts and it's almost 100% from other members of your alliance.

For the most part, its these people defending the current situation or telling everyone else to pull numbers out of thin air to be able compete.

So yeah, I do agree with the good ideas in this thread that inspire change.

Reducing guild caps, reducing alliances, etc. are all proactive steps in finding a solution here.

#547 4876140104011342890

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:52 AM

You may want to refrain from calling someone names, you can just ask what he means by it.

Thanks for telling me, edited hope you like it.

#548 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:56 AM

(1) It is not Animosity's fault. They accept those who apply. Dont blame Animosity and no they dont adsorb many forces, but those forces want to join themselves. Blame those who have insecurity issues and cant deal with losing, even in game.

(2) Disabling mvps/gods will prevent newbies getting oneshotted. Putting some limited guild cap wont help much actually and to be honest, NAPs will always be there. Zergs rush is inevitable. No matter how fair we want our life be, it will never be fair so deal with it. Zerg rush is not something the GM team can do. I dont mind zerg rushs at all. The worst thing I can come up is, why the -_- our guild keep getting zerg rushs? Why so much hatred toward our guild? But as long as gears are somewhat similar and teamworks become more important as long as new players have a chance to enjoy the fun without getting one shotted, I am happy even if I die or our guild loses.

(3) That is what some hypocrites want. While their mouth says they want a competitive WoE, their action is actually the opposite. In the end if WoE dies, then the server dies, Gravity suffers most, then most invested people (ie. mvp prices drop since no one WoEs anymore and people starts leaving. Mvps are not that important in ET or instances either) suffer secondly. Those new players who have not invested much wont even suffer much.

Thanks Chakri for your input, I didn't say it's Animosity's fault. Everything I mentioned was just a description of what I understand of the current WOE scene and each guild's agenda/ situation etc. No pointing fingers, no saying you are ebil or r00d or arrogant etc etc because this that. It is what it is.

I say absorbed because I think it goes both way, they did accepted them and thus 'absorbed'. They wanted to work together, but what is their goal wanting to work together?

Base from all these discussions it just seems to me their goal is:

1.) Force small guilds to band together and fight them. Or get stomped.

2.) Bully a guild into doing what they want or make them quit.

3.) Farm a dead server.

(of course, you are welcome to correct me if I am wrong)

As far as gears goes.. I don't have any input, because I understand both side of the argument. :/

Good point as well on 3.) because WOE can indirectly impact the PVM scene as the ET items and cause PVM players to suffer, eventually quitting..

The current Guild cap and alliance system is not doing the server any favors. It just isn't. It's killing it. So ultimately the decision is in the GM's hands, to sit and let it continue, or do something about it. It's their game, business, server they have to take care to prevent it from dying. We the players can only do so much.

Edited by WarlockFier, 30 October 2014 - 09:59 AM.

#549 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:59 AM

You can make the guild and alliance changes but I guarantee you'll be back here in 6 months having the same conversation wondering why what you did had 0 impact. They're more driven than you are and will get what they want because of it regardless of the rules laid out. In the meantime if you want to make the game less forgiving and more restricting for everyone I have a feeling it will just have a negative impact all around.

#550 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:02 AM

The community tends to be the biggest killer.  That is what mostly deterred me from WoE in the end.  Once Khaotic Crusade poofed, I didn't go back but was considering it.  Once the merge happened, nope.  The over abundance of top tier gears ruined it (I originated from Valk) and so did the piss poor attitudes of the attendants. 

Also, just from talking to some WoE participants I can tell you now that some of these guilds need to organize into the GvG pvp rooms and teach their players how to effectively play their classes and work as a team better.  If you recruit low level players into some of these WoE guilds you might actually win over some dedicated players.  I was recruited when I wasn't even second class and taught how to play my classes properly, though imo I am still sucky at it but I did have fun.  I stayed active for a few years until my guild quit due to the lack of gm assistance when my guild leader's account was compromised. 

If someone gave me a good reason to I'd probably return to WoE, but not in the state that it is in right now.  I doubt I am the only one that feels this way.  Give players an incentive to enter WoE.  Cost is a problem for many players, but I'm sure you guys can come up with some kind of solution outside of that if you guys stop poking each other and start collaborating.  The GMs can only do so much, this is something the participants need to work on more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users