RanDeveloper

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:55 PM

10382149_768925063167608_615767534525750

Server : Odin

IGN : CRlZ

Edited by RanDeveloper, 28 October 2014 - 11:27 PM.

#2 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:49 PM

This has happened to me many times and it is very frustrating. From what I understand, this is caused by your account being in limbo on the server. Every time it's happened to me it was right after I got forcefully disconnected from the game from it crashing. Basically, the server thinks your account is still logged in, but since you're disconnected it doesn't see any of your characters online anymore. Now this is where it gets complicated. The client will let you log in still because the server doesn't see any of your characters, but since the server thinks you're already logged in, the game derps when you try to get to the character selection screen and that's why you get this error lol. From what I understand the GMs are familiar with this issue (I've sent in a ticket multiple times), but they do not have a quick fix for the account once this happens. The only way for it to get fixed is when the server gets reset, either from a crash or regular maintenance, since your derped account won't be logged in anymore after the game is shut down.

However don't lose all hope yet. From my experience there is a certain scenario of this bug that you can rectify youself :D Sometimes, the server will see your character still logged in even after the client closes. If this is the case I actually have figured out how to fix it on my own. I've encountered this error few times back when it took days (or even weeks) to get tickets answered. One of the time I was so fed up and impatient because I had a five day weekend and was planning on playing RO2 the whole weekend lol. After some experimenting I figured out a solution by accident that has worked for me every time this particular scenario happened.

Anyways, first thing you want to do is, with a method outside of the game (obviously), contact a friend that is currently online. If they can see your character still online in their friends' list you're in luck. If not, unfortunately you have to wait until next maintenance or cross your finger for the server to crash before then lol. Now, if your character is still online, here is the fix. For this you need a second computer, so if you don't have one then you will have to borrow a friend or family's computer. DO NOT share your account info with others and have them log in for you though, it's a huge violation of the WP's terms of service. Okay, so what you do is log into your account on the first computer until the "Can't find the account" error comes up. Now on the second computer log in until you see the error "This account is already in use" (Can't remember the exact verbiage). By logging into the second computer, you should be able to kick your character/account that is in limbo and you should be able to continue and log onto your game ^^ Good luck and hopefully this bug doesn't happen to you too often like it does for me haha

Edited by donchan, 29 October 2014 - 12:07 AM.

#3 RanDeveloper

RanDeveloper

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:56 PM

This has happened to me many times and it is very frustrating. From what I understand, this is caused by your account being in limbo on the server. Every time it's happened to me it was right after I got forcefully disconnected from the game from it crashing. Basically, the server thinks your account is still logged in, but since you're disconnected it doesn't see any of your characters online anymore. Now this is where it gets complicated. The client will let you log in still because the server doesn't see any of your characters, but since the server thinks you're already logged in, the game derps when you try to get to the character selection screen and that's why you get this error lol. From what I understand the GMs are familiar with this issue (I've sent in a ticket multiple times), but they do not have a quick fix for the account once this happens. The only way for it to get fixed is when the server gets reset, either from a crash or regular maintenance, since your derped account won't be logged in anymore after the game is shut down.

However don't lose all hope yet. From my experience there is a certain scenario of this bug that you can rectify youself :D Sometimes, the server will see your character still logged in even after the client closes. If this is the case I actually have figured out how to fix it on my own. I've encountered this error few times back when it took days (or even weeks) to get tickets answered. One of the time I was so fed up and impatient because I had a five day weekend and was planning on playing RO2 the whole weekend lol. After some experimenting I figured out a solution by accident that has worked for me every time this particular scenario happened.

Anyways, first thing you want to do is, with a method outside of the game (obviously), contact a friend that is currently online. If they can see your character still online in their friends' list you're in luck. If not, unfortunately you have to wait until next maintenance or cross your finger for the server to crash before then lol. Now, if your character is still online, here is the fix. For this you need a second computer, so if you don't have one then you will have to borrow a friend or family's computer. DO NOT share your account info with others and have them log in for you though, it's a huge violation of the WP's terms of service. Okay, so what you do is log into your account on the first computer until the "Can't find the account" error comes up. Now on the second computer log in until you see the error "This account is already in use" (Can't remember the exact verbiage). By logging into the second computer, you should be able to kick your character/account that is in limbo and you should be able to continue and log onto your game ^^ Good luck and hopefully this bug doesn't happen to you too often like it does for me haha

2pc is not working i try many times haha

#4 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:34 PM

2pc is not working i try many times haha

If that's the case, unfortunately you have th more common scenario of the bug.  Account logged on, but no character.  Unless the server crashes in the near future, you don't be able to log in until Monday after maint :/

#5 Emilizzard

Emilizzard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin ofc <3

Posted 10 November 2014 - 08:12 AM

You can also type your account name in all caps, like this: THISISMYID

I've heard that solves the problem a lot too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users