Dragon Saga Class Tier List (Feel Free to Agree or Disagree) - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Dragon Saga Class Tier List (Feel Free to Agree or Disagree)

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:07 PM

So I've been playing this game for half a decade or even longer now. I've quit this game recently but I still have guild mates very passionate about this game and still working to make changes to balance this game and bring this saturated game back to life. However I still enjoy pvp very much and have a lot of knowledge about it. This game is definitely pay2win whether you like it or not. If you wanna be in the top yes youre gonna have to farm like crazy to even make it anywhere close to people pulling money out of their classes but character balances is also a huge issue. So yea here's a Tier list that might help any new or even old players decide on which class to choose if they want to get the most out of their pocket from farming or actually paying real currency. 

This is all based on character balances/nerfs in end game PVP's like Emporia or high level Battle Squares and gears. I tried to explain everything as thoroughly as I can. Of course you can disagree with this tier list but overall it is based on what is more rewarding to play if you want to win PVP's. 

God Tier:

This tier is basically for classes that are harder to beat unless its a mirror match, they're hard to counter and has the one of the higher influences in EW or BSQ.

Invokers:

Very high sustain, very high dps with attack speed builds and element damage, can tank forever since they can build defensive, hp and can cure debuffs while healing all their hp if they take any hits. They also have great and unstoppable Crowd Control but they are a bit harder to land. They bring pretty much everything to the table into one class almost unkillable, high dps, high sustain, cures debuffs, provide aid to allies, and high cc.

Fighters:

Very high dps, very high mobility, hard to counter and easy to land cc, blocks forever and practically can't be CC'd if played right. This class can ditch out a lot of damage with one catch. If you main this I would consider this low risk and high reward to play. They are given literally infinite block, you can stack movement speed and actually get even more movespeed making them one of the hardest classes to catch. In 1v1s they are pretty much unstoppable unless they make a mistake. They even have a skill to revive after killing them as if killing them once wasn't hard enough and the range on ghost fighter their crowd control skill is enormous. They'll pretty much catch you before you can catch them. They can also attack if stunned, frozen or caught in anyway if you also don't catch their twin. This class is hard to predict if played correctly and hard to counter.

Summoners:

Very high dps, high amounts of crowd control, can be really tanky so they'll probably kill you before you can kill them, huge range especially on their ultimate skill, and has mana draining and revenge. How do you kill a class which can tank while stilll doing so much damage to you and you probably can't even make it to their body without taking at least 50-75% of your hp and before you know it you're dead? You can't. Summoners have a ton of crowd control, if you attack their summons you take damage from them, they can drain your mana and if taking element damage wasn't enough from their xspam which has crazy vertical and horizontal range and homes on you their ultimate does at least 3-4k damage per hit no matter how much defense you build and it has one of the largest ranges in the game. Pretty much you'll die before you can even get to them.

Tier 1:

This tier has only class which is hard to beat but definitely winnable. 

Destroyers:

Extremely high dps, worst crowd control in game, high mobility, can kite you and still ditch out a lot of damage. Taking a full snipe in the face is not pretty, It has an unpredictable vertical axis and a pretty large horizontal and you take about with 8k+ per hit with crit calculated. Their cc is hard to land but their high mobility and ability to deal a lot of damage without taking any back makes up for it. They can stack attack speed and have another attack speed buff along with it to make the most out of element damage. They can either kite or play aggressive against you. Their x spam is really hard to stop as it flinches you if you are hit by it and by the time you know it you've already got hit by 10 of them before you even dash away. Some destroyer mains have learn to "air walk" and literally can't be launched into air combos/skills. They are also quite tricky to predict and counter and they have mana burn. However they can still be beat as they lose a lot of damage from tanking, don't have sustain, bad crowd control, and have no skills that let them block or evade attacks.

Tier 2:

These classes can hold their ground in pvp can do a lot for the team or hard to fight against in skirmishes but they are beatable no less.

Sentinels:

Good dps, great crowd control, very mobile, great for group pvps, very squishy, some buggy skills, takes a little more skill to win 1v1s. There is honestly no bias here even though I main sentinel. They have great crowd control with tesla so in team fights they have extremely great synergy whether ground locking with other classes or air locking. However their crowd control isn't perfect in a sense that it's a percent chance of them being frozen or stun or even having the opponents actually land on traps. That's why they have great team synergy because other classes provide that extra support like initiating or catching opponents so you can layer traps on top of them and just lock them forever. Their dps is okay but cannot defeat their destroyer counter parts. Their extremely squishy so being mobile and kiting is a must you won't get the best out of them building tanky as they have sustain and their base numbers as tanks aren't great. They use to rely on crit to do damage but of course element damage over shadows it and make other god and tier 1 classes better choices to choose from as they get the most out of element damage.Their skills are also very buggy such as their hook work a percent of the time and their shootdown sometimes bugging out. Their antiair shot and shootdown is also not as great as their destroyer counter parts and they don't get great attack speed buffs like destroyers do.

Savages:

Believe it or not even with the nerf on final decision they are one of the harder classes to fight against with Tier 2 classes or lower. Their headspin combos provides them with super armor, they can build mobile or tanky, their dps is okay, the crowd control isn't half bad with rocket punch, their launch combos and their awakening skill, and they can help a team lock in group fights. They also have skills like moonwalk to get out of bad situations and when built with high movement speed it also influences skills like head spin. With high movement speed and skills like moon walk they are hard to catch, However their dps is a lot of in your face skills so they can be caught and kited as well. 

Tier 3:

Balance group of classes that need a great amount of skill to beat the higher tier classes or even amongst themselves.

Sorcerers:

Good dps, good sustain, okay crowd control, very good in team pvps, can be kited easily, hard to land skills, can be mobile or tanky. Probably one of the hardest classes to 1v1 with, They can sustain but not as well as invokers, their damage isn't as influenced by element but they provide the best ground lock synergy in group pvps and can help sustain allies. Their blink skills get them out of bad situations, when built mobile they can kite oppenents but they have problems landing kills, When tanky they are hard to kill with slow heal sustain, blink, emblem and chain combo spams. Time freeze improved since it provides super armor as well. Their skills are still hard to land on a competent opponent but they have high influence in team pvps.

Overlords:

Very high dps, okay crowd control, can build tanky or mobile, can be kited, a pretty high risk high reward class to play. Can't win 1v1s as easily and not as helpful in team pvps. Their dps makes up for a lot of their downfalls due to their launch skills doing a lot of damage however launching is never as great as ground locking in team pvps and can be detrimental. They take a lot of decision making for group fights and they can provide cc for ground locks (hammer, sword dance, stumble bum) but their cc doesn't provide much damage. Their awakening skills provide super armor and escapes from bad situations and they can dish out a lot of damage in a combo not to mention their damage buffs also increase their element damage to equal stacking element damage. There are some overlords that build tanky and some that build mobile base on preference and they don't lose much damage from doing so. They are high risk and high reward because mistakes are unforgiveable and one wrong move can pretty much kill you. Their strongest catch skill stumble has also suffered a nerf giving it a chance to actually stun the opponent so they can't catch opponenets as well. 

Ninjas:

Very high dps, okay crowd control, okay in team fights and 1v1s, very high risk high reward, squishy and very mobile. They deal a great amount of damage in one combo and can lock if skills are timed perfectly but also if you spend the time and money to level up your rocket punch. Ninjas also trade damage pretty well but are so squishy sometimes it doesn't really matter. They very high risk because you have to counter on your rocket punch catch sometimes to do the best damage. Which isn't very dependable, You can always kite with daggers and swift attack but it probably won't get you anywhere. You can also do ninja frenzy combos but the high tier classes have an easier team killing aninja before ytou can kill them. The still have great potential because they do a lot of damage after one catch and daggers is very low cooldown. They also have increased movement speed when theyre in ninja form. However it requires that you get the feel for their cooldowns and know when to play safe or aggressively. In team fights they can help ground lock opponents but mostly just one opponent however their log provides slow and a pretty good amount of damage. Overall if you want to get into someone's face just know you are gonna take a lot of damage back unless you can catch them with a rocket punch or even try to make opponents fall asleep with a low percent chance. They were also once monsters with their ability to tank from building evade which was nerfed dramatically however their dps still makes them a viable class and timing your ninja transformations and perfect strike can get you out of a lot of sticky situations.

Tier 4(Sh*t Tier): Possibility the worse class or a hard class to play if you want to win. It could be fun to play but every other class probably beats it out if built of end game.

Dragoons/Paladins:

I use to main dragoon so I know just how bad they got after the nerf. Literally almost half the population played dragoon cause they were really strong/broken or even after 1 nerf strong/somewhat balanced till the final nerf where the devs pretty much made the whole dragoon class a waste of a class choice.  Pallies were once known as monsters percentage chance to block, high sustain and super armor, can cure debuffs, great dps, extremely great crowd control and catching ability, high mobility, and great tanks. They were absolutely unstoppable at it's prime. At it's prime they can probably beat invokers and fighters if played right and maybe summoners if summoners didn't play with everything they had (revenge, mana drain, dark knight). At first they nerfed some of the pally's tanking abilties by nerfing block which wasn't very detrimental since they still had a lot of other traits that make them power houses. However the next nerf change their cooldowns losing some of their hard cc's for combos so in terms of combos after a catch ninjas and overlords already beat them out. The cooldowns also ruined their groundlocking capabilities in team fights and even their dps in pvps or even in pve as well. Other skills also have chances to cc so pallies can either do 10 hits in one catch to just 3 hits. Why spend a whole minute to catch your opponent if you can only land 3 hits in one combo? The nerf also destroyed the ability to catch opponents like they use to with their best skill "spinning bear" having a cast time and sword dance also being nerfed. Dragoons can easily be kited and killed before they can even get into your face and have a chance to do the same amount of damage as they use to. Some people have tried to implement awakening and chain combos into their combos to maximize damage but why go through such implementations when other classes can dish out just as much damage with a few keys. The nerf has also increased the skill cap on paladins and made them a high risk and low reward class to play. They also can't sustain at all since their -_-roach life and barricade have been taken out. They also can't cure debuffs because of barricade being taken out The only thing pallies have that they can really provide to the table to helping other players air lock which isn't as great as ground locking since theirs a chance opponents can escape and their mobile skills like shoulder tackle and aerial smackdown to provide disruptions or super armor. The skill rolling ground provides super armor and a lot of damage but they can still be stun while using this skill and don't as much damage since the opponent can escape its linear pattern. Overall pallies went from heroes to zeroes after the nerfs and there's really no reason to pick them unless you feel they are fun to play. The other classes just completely overpower them in every aspect. 

Edited by ohsnap, 28 October 2014 - 09:08 PM.

#2 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:43 AM

Oh wow, that's a lot of information in there. I myself found it very interesting. That said I'm not even close to a PVP person at all (just doing it to solve my guild quests). I'm sure some will find this very helpful. Thank you for posting this. :p_smile:

#3 CrypticThunder

CrypticThunder

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 03:20 AM

Oh wow, that's a lot of information in there. I myself found it very interesting. That said I'm not even close to a PVP person at all (just doing it to solve my guild quests). I'm sure some will find this very helpful. Thank you for posting this. :p_smile:

I Agree. Thanks for putting all this info in the post and taking the Time to do it

#4 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 29 October 2014 - 04:16 AM

This extremely accurate and if they ever fixed bugs with Sentinels (Hook/Traps not working correctly, Wind Saber not working correctly, traps getting stuck in the ceiling,etc) I would've ranked Sentinels T1.

#5 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:39 AM

me>anyone. doesn't matter what class you play or how hard you try. just kidding.

conclusion: play the class you want, experiment with it. know your limits and focus your expectations and be the best at what you do(if that is your goal). otherwise, just play the game. 

yes balance needs to be addressed. i will say that it is one of DS priorities to be resolved. so keep on your toes and be patient. 

#6 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:52 AM

Correct the final decision is yours, it's a tier list so I'm providing information for players who really want to get into pvp and woder why their class just doesn't trade out as well as the other no matter how much time or how much funds you put into them. Like any game if you main and prioritize and master that one class you shold be able to win no problem but I feEl this information gives a better sense of why ppl have an easier time winning pvps than others you can stack as much as you want as a sentinel but you will never be an invoker with equal gear and equal skill this tier list shows the differences in terms of class balance

#7 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:55 AM

Correct the final decision is yours, it's a tier list so I'm providing information for players who really want to get into pvp and woder why their class just doesn't trade out as well as the other no matter how much time or how much funds you put into them. Like any game if you main and prioritize and master that one class you shold be able to win no problem but I feEl this information gives a better sense of why ppl have an easier time winning pvps than others you can stack as much as you want as a sentinel but you will never be an invoker with equal gear and equal skill this tier list shows the differences in terms of class balance

i will pvp any invoker with my lvl 50 pathfinder. 

#8 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:57 AM

Are we talking about end Game with all the heals on and "cheap stuff"

#9 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:58 AM

Are we talking about end Game with all the heals on and "cheap stuff"

no heals, everything else on that includes magnet etc. 1v1. not that i wouldn't win with heals, just that it would be annoying to aas spam all day.

Edited by sean718, 29 October 2014 - 05:59 AM.

#10 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:04 AM

That doesn't really disprove my point the fact that the heals are actually available and we have to take them out as more "ethical approach " of pvp. Remember a lot of this is based on end game pvps like EW there is no way a mage is not gonna heal if necessary.

Edited by ohsnap, 29 October 2014 - 06:05 AM.

#11 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:06 AM

That doesn't really disprove my point the fact that the heals are actually available and we have to take them out as more "ethical approach " of pvp. Remember a lot of this is based on end game pvps like EW there is no way a mage is not gonna heal if necessary.

ok full heals on. any lvl and geared invoker vs my lvl 50 pathfinder.

#12 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:09 AM

Overlord is quite accurate. As an Overlord main I do feel like the only way to truly nuke is to launch and unless I Death Stinger and use frequent gust slashes on frozen targets then my ground dps will be too low. They can have decent synergy with archers due to benefits from both ground and air damage and they can hit 3k+ element damage without 6-stars. It's definitely a high risk, high reward play that can be countered hard.

And I never thought of savages as crippled. If the opponent attempts the super armor stun exploit then a Savage can pull a full powered FD in the stun time of a high level rocket punch. Which also means insane ground dps to frozen. Savages are like the class that got one nerf and stayed relatively good despite it.

Dragoons on the other hand, got crippled hard. It's skill cap went from face roll easy to insane difficult.

#13 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:16 AM

ok full heals on. any lvl and geared invoker vs my lvl 50 pathfinder.

pfft just pvp yourself ero

#14 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:17 AM

pfft just pvp yourself ero

point made!  :heh:

#15 noxis

noxis