• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:46 AM

+9 Oni Horns + Nid Garb

vs

+9 Vana Helm + +9 HBP

Which set has better damage and/or survivability?

Atm my Vana + HBP can't even one shot Rybio, tho I could cut my straw/slim consumption.

#2 SaintMichael

SaintMichael

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationHeaven
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:19 AM

Yeah umm counter slash isn't really made for leveling rolling cutter is the go to skill for Guillotines, the main reason for that is Vana Helm, Nid Garb and other leach gear won't proc. nearly as often because you won't have the same amount of attacks as rolling cuter and the damage output is also greater in most cases in a PVM environment. However if you still wish to continue leveling with only counter slash, I'd go with Vanargand and Nid Garb or Vanargand, HBP, with Incubus pet, and ditch the straw berries. Also may want to find an alternative to slims by using fresh fish with fish in mouth or meat with umbala spirit+ 2 x Hell poodle cards.

#3 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:16 PM

meat is weight-intensive and fish in mouth is out of my budget

have you tried counter slash at all? oni horns got some buff for the skill and my vana procs like always. the only time i need to pot is when rng god hates me. i need to know if i opt vana + hbp and switch to oni horns + nidh garb, will the damage gets better compared to the survivability.

i was thinking of incubus pet but damn i'd rather buy straws. it's like comparing a lifetime supply of straws for an ugly pet.

#4 SaintMichael

SaintMichael

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationHeaven

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:57 PM

Well weights not an issue if you ditch the straw berries and invest in an incubus pet, but if healing isn't an issue to you I guess it's no big deal. Yeah the Oni horns is a  skill percent damage modifier which will do better if you have a high raw attack modifier. I personally wouldn't use Oni horns without HBP, and I wouldn't use Vana without Nidh garb or a incubus pet, but well people might question your sexuality if you have incubus following you around all day blowing hearts at you... So to answer your question the Vanargand + HBP is superior to Oni horns + nidh garb in terms of survivability, but with elemental damage and a hard hitting weapon the Oni horns will provide more damage output, and then there's FAW...

#5 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:56 PM

exactly the reason why i hate incubus.

when the server's up, i think i'll fetch a +7 oni horns and an immune nidh garb. +9 oni horns doesnt contribute to counter slash, no?

#6 SaintMichael

SaintMichael

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationHeaven

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:40 PM

No the +9 version gets you an auto cast that has a random chance of casting cross impact lvl 1 by a 1% chance, which is only useful with other gear that increases cross impact. The +7 gets you everything you need +20 attack and 10% increase to counter slash for each level of weapon blocking learned, so that's a 50% increase at max weapon block level, also notice that woe reduction is 50% coincidence? That head gear is definitely worth getting even if you change your mind :P.   

#7 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:34 PM

+7 oni + +9 HBP. HBP gives nice atk bnus if your str is 90, and neutral reduct if vit is 90. just leave the leeching to triple mali RTE and quad mali MG. if u insist on getting SP leech, i think oni-nyd combination is better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users