Overlapping shops - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Overlapping shops

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 FrostKing

FrostKing

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:02 AM

I am here at eden 2f, to buy Body certs and upgrade gears. I see a shop open on ragial next to me. And here on the same cell there is another shop. Someone once said that with bots shops can be overlapped on the same cells. 

Its either an abuse or stupidity. I know people do bot vending to go around constant disconnection while afk with vend. But this also brings up that your shop can still be not useful.
Or if some one is trying to bot vend over you, its an abuse and should speak up :v .

Assuming bot shops can overlap, don't know if its true or not personally that it can be done. But sure do see two shop at same cell on ragial and 2 chars at same cell in game while one of the shops up. Seen this sorts many times.

Edited by FrostKing, 30 October 2014 - 05:39 AM.

#2 kijanta

kijanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:09 AM

It might also be some vendor who just logged in and opened his shop without moving and checking whether someone else already sits at the same spot as himself. However, the older shop is the clickable one, to prevent abuse (opening a shop purposely on top of someone else to grief him).

#3 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:25 AM

I've seen people use phantom thrust with a rk to burry shops under other shops. I think they do it to trick people through ragial and to underprice stuff that can't be bought. Kinda like when people troll vend with max zeny.

#4 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:34 AM

i often got overlapped when vending at eden f2. and it made people cant see my shop. i often thinks they're bot also, how come a human player logged in and noticing he was stomping other people ass then opening a shop on purpose. at least move 1 cell away from me.

#5 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:35 AM

Its either an abuse or stupidity. I know people do bot vending to go around constant disconnection while afk with vend. But this also brings up that your shop can still be not useful.
Or if some one is trying to bot vend over you, its an abuse and should speak up :v .

Assuming bot shops can overlap, don't know if its true or not personally that it can be done. But sure do see two shop at same cell on ragial and 2 chars at same cell in game while one of the shops up. Seen this sorts many times.

Stacking shops doesn't tell you anything about whether someone is a bot.

I've seen people use phantom thrust with a rk to burry shops under other shops. I think they do it to trick people through ragial and to underprice stuff that can't be bought. Kinda like when people troll vend with max zeny.

Phantom thrust only works on people in your party, so it's not really abusable. You can achieve the same effect by clicking on an offscreen cell.

Before going to bed I always set up an extra vend, stacked on top of one of my other vends, selling the exact same item. That way I can vend a greater quantity without taking up more space.

i often got overlapped when vending at eden f2. and it made people cant see my shop. i often thinks they're bot also, how come a human player logged in and noticing he was stomping other people ass then opening a shop on purpose. at least move 1 cell away from me.

If people can't see your shop, that means the other person logged in before you.

Edited by renouille, 30 October 2014 - 05:40 AM.

#6 Skyelover

Skyelover

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:38 AM

Is this legal? :o

#7 FrostKing

FrostKing

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:39 AM

Well I made it clear am unsure of the bot. Probably should rename the thread to. Overlapping shops.

-Thanks

#8 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:13 AM

Some one over lapped me once when i made a vend next to ren's shopping spot but my shop still showed over that person so i pmed that person and told them that i cant see ur shop. The person responded and apologized and moved one cell south of me and that fixed the issue.

#9 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:23 AM

Usually it is people not paying attention to when they log onto a vendor. I've noticed it a few times way back, where I would wake up after a night of vending and see a shop over my Merchants head. Back then I didn't have a second account, so got my friend to double check for me, and sure enough my shop was the one to be seen. Love the log in priority for that.

#10 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:25 AM

Yea, not only is that guy not going to sell any items....but also be accused of being a bot?! XD

My god, the number of times I've rushed and setup a shop underneath someone, only to come back to 50 PMs of people laughing at me or wondering where my shop was =[ 

#11 kimbaoki

kimbaoki

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:05 AM

It is impossible to bot vending unless you are a professional programmer with macro. I tried once and the least I can do is selling 4 items with same price, and cannot stack with each other. Inbox me if you can do it!

#12 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:41 AM

Before going to bed I always set up an extra vend, stacked on top of one of my other vends, selling the exact same item. That way I can vend a greater quantity without taking up more space.

Holy crap, that's a good idea. I might borrow that lol!

#13 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:49 AM

I might empty you out, Renouille. I kind of like your potions...help me tank Cecil with my Warlock when she makes an appearance in S. Pront. =3

#14 Name85738

Name85738

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:08 AM

how to buy in a Overlapping shop?

(I already read all the comments but still do believe it is intentionally done, the cheapest always the bait "it obviously not a coincidence").  

​honestly I start videoing this two player  and leaving a message both of them....
after this maintenance (2nd up coming video) same names & same bait ( can I now send this as a proof?)

VModCinnamon:
Greetings, please let the staff know about the issue you are facing in-game through a support ticket. While I don't believe "overlapping shops" alone is warranted for GM action, however, you may explain properly how that may cause problems from a buyer point of view. As a side note, please do not bump old topics!

​Do not hesitate to send me a PM if you have further questions. Thread is now locked.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 22 November 2016 - 05:42 AM.
Locked, added mod note.

#15 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:11 AM

usually i pm the seller to move, some of the seller dont notice their shop got buried.

if the seller is AFK, then good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users