First time player about to Trans to Sin-X - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

First time player about to Trans to Sin-X

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 KhogaN

KhogaN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:44 PM

Hey Guys,

I am brand new to iRO and have made a thief per suggestion of community members for a new players. I am about to hit 99/50 and change to a sin-X. Recently, I did the Underworld Dungeon quest for a phen card and am looking to sell it for funds. Right now I am in all Eden gear with no accessories. I am planning on going for a katar crit build all the way through leveling and using this character to fund future characters through farming.

Assuming I can sell this phen card for 12-13 mil - What are some of the first items I want to consider buying for upgrades past Eden gear? What are some good ways to offset the cost of white potions I have started consuming as I level. (Originally I just used monster feed and hinalle leaves and stayed in the Grove area) I also made an alchemist/vendor bot in hopes of making my own white pots, but the failure rate makes it so there really is no advantage.

P.S. I also have 1500 KP from a month of VIP access.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by KhogaN, 30 October 2014 - 01:55 PM.

#2 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:34 PM

Assuming I can sell this phen card for 12-13 mil - What are some of the first items I want to consider buying for upgrades past Eden gear? What are some good ways to offset the cost of white potions I have started consuming as I level. (Originally I just used monster feed and hinalle leaves and stayed in the Grove area) I also made an alchemist/vendor bot in hopes of making my own white pots, but the failure rate makes it so there really is no advantage.

Bot is NOT allowed. There's only a small number of approved bots that works for the community.

Morrigane Set should be good for starter. But today's pricetags are pretty mean to newbs so check out Ragial periodically.

P.S. I also have 1500 KP from a month of VIP access.

You can try your luck opening some box but vending KP items is hard. You'd rather sell your KP for zeny.

#3 KhogaN

KhogaN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:05 PM

Sorry I didn't actually mean a program run character. I believe this community is more familiar with the term SLAVE instead. I will look into getting that set. What do you think for a weapon and cards? or accessories? I did buy 2 crit cards (skeleton something?) while leveling on stems/spores/aloe for a future weapon.

#4 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 08:25 PM

Triple Critical Jur is a good starting weapon.

#5 KhogaN

KhogaN

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:43 AM

So i am a Sin-X 82/42 now and I managed to find the full Morrigane set for around 14 mil, but I have not had any luck with seeing a Triple Critical Jur on Ragial. Are there any other good alternative for a weapon? I am still using the Eden quest weapon from lvl 60.

#6 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:27 PM

You do not want a triple critical jur. You can better damage by getting crit from your luck/accessories/sapha cloth(when you turn GX) and focus on damage for your weapon. Morrigane set is also nice for beginners indeed.

Edited by Omnipheles, 07 November 2014 - 01:59 PM.

#7 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 01:21 PM

Katar/Eden Katar should be enough. I used Triple Crit Jur back pre-trans and sold it right away after rebirth so I don't remember it being so bad...

#8 Brunzattack

Brunzattack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:54 PM

Can someone please explain this Underworld Dungeon quest?  I googled it and can't find anything on it.

#9 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:44 PM

Can someone please explain this Underworld Dungeon quest?  I googled it and can't find anything on it.

It's overlook dungeon, not underworld. hue.

It's a VIP quest only though:

http://irowiki.org/w..._Dungeon_Quests

#10 Brunzattack

Brunzattack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:37 PM

If I read that irowiki article correctly, then non-VIP can access it with 2 reset stones?  Is this still true?  I'd love to get a hold of that Phen card.

#11 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:02 AM

Yes, you can gain access by getting temporary VIP from Gramps at Eden for 2 Reset Stones.

#12 Brunzattack

Brunzattack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:42 PM

Is this a temp VIP just to get into the dungeon, or do I actually get 30 days of VIP for those 2 Reset Stones?

#13 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 04:45 PM

Please explore irowiki first before asking in the future:

http://irowiki.org/w...arison#Mini-VIP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users