• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ynggg

Ynggg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:50 PM

I wonder if there is a problem with my patch or graphic. 

When I hit an enemy, they are hit only after the animation. It becomes very annoying when it comes to some skill.

For example the archer's shootdown, sometimes most of shoots are gone, and does no damage, or does damage to an already-dead enemy. However I'm able to solve it with a tuna bow.

When it comes to assassin, the throwing dagger encounters the same problem. Sometimes it does not knock down enemy, sometimes some of the hits miss and so does no full damage as it should.

Besides, my Ambush has no sound due to this problem as well. 

#2 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:00 AM

When I hit an enemy, they are hit only after the animation. It becomes very annoying when it comes to some skill.

For example the archer's shootdown, sometimes most of shoots are gone, and does no damage, or does damage to an already-dead enemy. However I'm able to solve it with a tuna bow.

That's sadly a very common bug every archer does experience with the shootdown skill. This can even get worse, like all shots floating like crazy around the screen and not hitting anything at all (I sadly was able to see this with my own eyes in game). As far as I know the staff already is aware of this and possibly the Dev team already too. This is a very annoying bug I agree, that needs to be fixed.  :ok:

Like you already said some IM weapons seem to fix this bug completely, or at least may it occur less often.

The tuna bow is one of those weapons I know of, could be the water guardian weapon does good on this too. But I'm not completely sure on that. At time being the best for this issue is to have one of the IM weapons equipped. This is no real solution, I know, but at least it does help a bit....

When I hit an enemy, they are hit only after the animation.

When it comes to assassin, the throwing dagger encounters the same problem. Sometimes it does not knock down enemy, sometimes some of the hits miss and so does no full damage as it should.

Besides, my Ambush has no sound due to this problem as well.

That could be caused by lagging of some sort, or bad graphics card maybe. Or even a bad internet connection (for example bad wifi/bad route to Warpportal) can result in this.

I personally never have heard any Assasin complain about the dagger skill. As far as I know this skill does work fine. But I never play an Assasin, so I may be wrong on this. 

Maybe someone on here can better answer this?

#3 TheCristall

TheCristall

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:24 AM

Like you already said some IM weapons seem to fix this bug completely, or at least may it occur less often.

The tuna bow is one of those weapons I know of, could be the water guardian weapon does good on this too. But I'm not completely sure on that. At time being the best for this issue is to have one of the IM weapons equipped. This is no real solution, I know, but at least it does help a bit....

only IM weapons "fix" this bug, if they have an attack animation, so only the tuna with the watercloud effect or the halloween weapon with the (annoying) pumpkins.

regarding the assasin daggers:

all of the dagger are thrown at the same time and so it can happen that all daggers hit one enemy at the same time even if the mob would be dead after 1 dagger, all other daggers hit the already "dying" enemy and are useless. you should try to use other skills for mobs and use the daggers against bosses

Edited by TheCristall, 01 November 2014 - 02:25 AM.

#4 Ynggg

Ynggg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:55 AM

Thanks for the reply. It then seems that it is my graphic problem, my network is fine.

I always have the problem of delaying attack, like the magician's fireballs penetrating enemies followed closely (but significantly annoying) by the damage done, where the balls should not penetrate but burst right on the mobs instead. etc.

#5 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:09 AM

Hmm, yes sadly very possible it's your graphic card then. Have you tried to set all game graphics to the lowest settings yet? 

Yes, what you describe all is based on the same problem. 

Do you have the same problems in F7 too?

You are sure your Internet connection from your country to the USA (where the DS servers are located) is fine?

Sometimes a route (that's the name for a specific connection way from point A to point B...) is broken. Means the time between specific travel points of the route is very slow. That can result in the same game behavior, this can result in laggings all time and just sometimes.

Just a thought....cause some of my in game friends had this happen in the past and as soon as the route was fixed and fine again, they could play without any problems from that point on.

#6 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:02 AM

Thanks for the reply. It then seems that it is my graphic problem, my network is fine.

I always have the problem of delaying attack, like the magician's fireballs penetrating enemies followed closely (but significantly annoying) by the damage done, where the balls should not penetrate but burst right on the mobs instead. etc.

May I ask where you live in? Such delays can also occur if the location where you live at is far away from the location where the WarpPortal servers reside. I'm from Europe and I have a ping of about 170-190ms which means that the reaction of the monsters to the attack is delayed about 1/5 sec.

Edited by VModPopcorn, 01 November 2014 - 10:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users