November Wanted Poster Event Σ(´д`;) Winners are up! - **Community Contests and Events** - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

November Wanted Poster Event Σ(´д`;) Winners are up!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
207 replies to this topic

#1 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:21 AM

B6KZ8Lc.png

Make a wanted poster to help catch many of Ragnarok's devious citizens!

This is purely a writing contest! However, I would like to see each entry on an actual wanted poster. This can be hand drawn/digitally drawn/taken from internet assets. The actual poster is just a requirement and will not be factored in the judging, so please do not make a fancy poster. Again, it is a writing contest.

Make a witty/clever/funny/interesting wanted poster and Oda will pick out what he likes best.

Judging

So far, my judges are ZeroTigress, Jaye, Hoikarnage, and NoxiousOrchid. Oda will be overseeing the judging process. I am not a judge in any way, shape, or form. I will have no input on any of the entries.

Judging will be done anonymously if you submit through Surveymonkey - they will not see who submitted what until judging is over. If you submit anonymously only I will know who submitted and Oda will receive your IGN if you win. Otherwise, 100% anonymous.

Judges will send their scores to me privately in order to prevent any "well my friend needs x amount of points to win" situations.

Criteria:
There will be 3 judging guidelines that will be followed for entries.

Creativity/Concept [Is it interesting? Does it go outside the box? Was it risky to pick the monster/npc/CM as the poster's subject? How well does it fit RO's lore?]
Appeal [Is the text witty/humorous/clever? Does it grab your attention?]
Technical [Does it follow all the rules? Is it RO related?]

They will be graded from 1-5 by each judge and averaged out. The total points will be added together from all judges to find the winners.

Judging example:
Spoiler

Edits may be done at any point until the contest is over - simply resubmit your work to me via PM.

Rules

1) Writing must be on a wanted poster. A picture of the perp is not required!
2) No long stories/paragraphs/background info etc. Wanted posters are short and to the point. Don't make a large poster to fit more words the forums will just downsize it and that is how I present entries to Oda. No size limit on the image itself, but try not to make it incredibly large for no reason. The text itself still should be on the shorter side. (If you want to, you may write a little bg story for funs, but I won't include it with the entry).
3) Only one wanted poster per person! No multiple entries.
4) Please don't take someone's art. Obviously a generic wanted poster is easier to find, but don't take someone's RO art for your wanted poster. There's plenty of card art to go around and there's also screenshots!
5) Please no posters about other people/yourself. NO posters about any generic class like "Gypsy." You may make a poster about RO monsters/NPCs/CMs. I don't want to see any snide posters made about other people. It will not be tolerated. CMs are fine if you are not overly vicious and it's all in good fun.

Entries can be posted or submitted to me through Surveymonkey if you want to remain anonymous/hide your entry until the contest is over. Post your IGN and server with your entry!
Surveymonkey link

Helpful links:
Spoiler

Prizes

Top 3 posters will receive Costume: Bijofnil Wings ! 19623.png

[The costume is fully tradable. It will have your ign on it.]

3 Honorable mentions will receive any color Creative Convention Hat ! 19656.png5435.png5427.png5426.png

[I think green/red are tradable and blue/yellow are bound. All 4 will have your ign on it.]

Ends November 29th at 11:59 PM PST.

blu_1417334399.png

Judging will happen immediately after and take as long as it takes. Entries will be posted after judging is over. Winners will be posted at some point during the day of the livestream!

Example:

Spoiler

5SIYP6w.png

Edited by Sapphic, 16 December 2014 - 01:37 PM.

#2 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:06 AM

Entries

(lots of images)

Spoiler

Edited by Sapphic, 10 December 2014 - 10:31 AM.

#3 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:38 AM

Winners :p_idea:

Spoiler

Edited by Sapphic, 16 December 2014 - 01:33 PM.

#4 DarkKidz

DarkKidz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Locationsouth prontera.
  • Server:chaos..

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:38 PM

yes..I want try..

#5 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:46 PM

:no1:

#6 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:52 PM

Wow. Oda is judging again.

Why would you keep using Oda as a judge when just a few Tiki Tuesdays ago he said he didn't even like judging?

#7 DarkKidz

DarkKidz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Locationsouth prontera.
  • Server:chaos..

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:29 PM

why you sad if oda judging again?

#8 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:45 PM

The problem is there is no one to pick without screams of bias :/

I have no problems with any other members of the GM team judging, but idk!

#9 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:53 PM

why you sad if oda judging again?

Go look at previous contest results and decide for yourself. I'm not just talking about the two contests I participated in, I am talking about all of them. He's just not a good judge. He probably just flips a coin to decide winners. Plus he was clearly bias against me a few tiki tuesdays ago, when prompted by his co-host he refused to even say my character name when my contest entry was mentioned, which is proof of his bias.

Edited by hoikarnage, 13 November 2014 - 03:53 PM.

#10 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:56 PM

Why don't you have a panel of judges. Pick some members of the community you feel you can trust, and have them vote on a winner. That would have far less room for bias than having just one, admittedly bias judge who has said he doesn't even like judging, judging these things.

#11 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:00 PM

Everyone in the community has someone who will think they are being biased :/ On top of that they would have to want to judge!

From what I can see it's either Oda/GMs or no contests without people feeling like it was unfair in some way.

On a side note, is the costume bijo account bound? =o

Edited by Sapphic, 13 November 2014 - 04:01 PM.

#12 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:03 PM

Who am I biased against? I can't be sure nowadays. :3c

#13 Sizzleboom

Sizzleboom

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 500 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:04 PM

Nice contest! I'm looking forward to seeing the entries.

Although I have to wonder how much variety is possible if the only element that gets judged is the writing and wanted posters usually contain only about 10-20 words. But then again, I suppose such a limiting factor draws out the most creativity!

Heh. It'd be funny if you could also get a prize for finding a player who is on a wanted posted in-game and taking a screenshot. The caught player has to be put in Glast Heim Prison during the next maintenance, of course.

#14 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:04 PM

Who am I biased against? I can't be sure nowadays. :3c

Everyone and no one? : D

Nice contest! I'm looking forward to seeing the entries.

Although I have to wonder how much variety is possible if the only element that gets judged is the writing and wanted posters usually contain only about 10-20 words. But then again, I suppose such a limiting factor draws out the most creativity!

Heh. It'd be funny if you could also get a prize for finding a player who is on a wanted posted in-game and taking a screenshot. The caught player has to be put in Glast Heim Prison during the next maintenance, of course.

Well hopefully a lot of variety/creativity will come out in who you choose to make wanted.

No players are allowed! Rule 5!

Edited by Sapphic, 13 November 2014 - 04:06 PM.

#15 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:07 PM

If you feel like Oda hates you in some way you are free to submit anonymously. He does not see who submitted it unless they won and need to be awarded a prize =o

#16 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:14 PM

Everyone and no one? : D

Surely others think I'm biased against someone or some group. :U

#17 Sizzleboom

Sizzleboom

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:15 PM

No players are allowed! Rule 5!

:hmm:  As far as I can tell, Rule #5 does not exclude the entrant's own character.

Edited by Sizzleboom, 13 November 2014 - 04:17 PM.

#18 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:16 PM

:hmm:  As far as I can tell, Rule #5 does not exclude the participant's own character.

I will edit it to reflect that that's not allowed : D! I don't want someone to claim X is their own chara, but it's actually making fun of someone else e_e

Surely others think I'm biased against someone or some group. :U

I'm biased against mint lovers <:

Edited by Sapphic, 13 November 2014 - 04:17 PM.

#19 Sizzleboom

Sizzleboom

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:17 PM

Okie dokie :p_hi:

#20 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:17 PM

If you feel like Oda hates you in some way you are free to submit anonymously. He does not see who submitted it unless they won and need to be awarded a prize =o

Bias is only half the problem, Oda is just a terrible judge, and it's not even his fault. When he says something like "I don't like being the sole judge" or something like that, it should give you a raging clue that maybe he's not cut out for the job, and the results of the contests thus far reflect the lack of passion for judging these things.

And he clearly knew which submissions belonged to who for the headgear contest. Our names were all mentioned to him during the tiki tuesday before he picked the winners.

#21 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:20 PM

Bias is only half the problem, Oda is just a terrible judge, and it's not even his fault. When he says something like "I don't like being the sole judge" or something like that, it should give you a raging clue that maybe he's not cut out for the job, and the results of the contests thus far reflect the lack of passion for judging these things.

And he clearly knew which submissions belonged to who for the headgear contest. Our names were all mentioned to him during the tiki tuesday before he picked the winners.

I didn't run the headgear contest or have any involvement in it :/ I am suggesting it for my own contest.

Well I wouldn't mind a larger pool including Camp and maybe Ralis (?) but I don't know if they're willing to do it and I'm sure there's people who also think Camp hates them or Ralis is biased to somebody. I have no problems making the judging pool larger, but I don't want to take from the community, and the GMs are quite busy in their own right.

I know for my limerick contest Oda passed the limericks around the office then picked his final favorites, I don't know how feasible it would be to do that again (though people hated the results of that contest, too lol).

#22 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:20 PM

I'll judge :3

#23 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:21 PM

that headgear contest was kinda a mess... some entiries that involved sewing and fabric work were put in the lower category with paper cutouts...

#24 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:24 PM

I'll judge :3

Okay, but I want to see 2 letters of recommendation and a personal essay =o

#25 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!