16 replies to this topic

#1 Xaxaxa

Xaxaxa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:05 PM

I've already hit Bio 99/70, reset my stats at the NPC.

What I'd like to know is:

Should the base stat + bonus always be equal 99 or can I hit the pure base stat to 99 ignoring bonus

If yes, will it influence brewing success?

Ex:

01: Dex and Luk: 99 + bonus

02: Dex and Luk: Number + bonus = 99 in total

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:41 AM

All that matters is what the total stats are - it's sum of Int/2 + dex + luk that matters for potting. 

Maximize that while wearing full potting gear. Usually people do harmonize and -stat gear, then get marionette control from luk wanderer, then put their good gear on and get fully buffed. Optimizing for MC has a significant impact on your build. 

Also, if your homun is not a vani, flush it and remake as a vani - you need instruction change 5 on your homun. 

#3 armourer84

armourer84

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:55 PM

All that matters is what the total stats are - it's sum of Int/2 + dex + luk that matters for potting. 

Maximize that while wearing full potting gear. Usually people do harmonize and -stat gear, then get marionette control from luk wanderer, then put their good gear on and get fully buffed. Optimizing for MC has a significant impact on your build. 

Also, if your homun is not a vani, flush it and remake as a vani - you need instruction change 5 on your homun. 

OMG, The trick to use Harmonize and debuff stat gears.

I am new one and I have just finished 99/70Bio for brewing purpose and ready to stat reset.

If I know correctly, MC can buff all stat not more 99 in each, right?

and Harmonize can reduce all stat by 30 for 60 seconds.

Please confirm if I understand correctly. After equiped bad stat gears and Harmonized, then immediately MC the potter to increase their stat to 99 (Int/Dex/Luk) then unequiped bad stat gear. The stat of potters will increase beyond99 and after of 60 seconds of Harmonizing ended, the potter will get those losing stat via Harmonize by 30 right? and then Equip the increase stat gears. The stat of potter will incresae more and more......

If my understanding all above is correct, please confirm.

and then please comment the gear below

My present gears for brewing.

Head

Ramen Hat (+4 Dex)

Takius Blind Fold (+2 Int)

Well Chewed Pencil (+2Dex)

Weapon

Excalibur (+10Luk/-1Dex) (prepare for enchanting)

Garment

-None

Armor

Vakyrian Armor [Enc:3Luk] + Baby Lepard card (+7 Luk/+1 Dex/+1 Int)

Shoe

Crystal Pump (+5Luk)

Accessory

Cat Hand Glove + Zerom card (+4Dex/+1Luk)

Cat Hand Glove + Zerom card (+4Dex/+1Luk)

Unable to obtain (short in zent T_T)

1.Black Devil's Mask (+2Int/+2Dex/+2Luk)

2.+12Faceworm Skin [Special Luk][+?Luk] + Green Madian card (+??Luk)

3.+9 Fortune Hat + Holden card (+8 Luk)

4.Mjornir

" I think there must be something better on accessories. "

AND I HAVE NO IDEA for bad stat equip can you suggest me?

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 November 2014 - 08:03 PM

Yup, that's how it works.

BDM hasn't been the best mid gear for potting in over a year. AWM is better now and way cheaper.

+0 and +12 green maiden garments ;-) There's a shield card that works the same way for int, too, and a shield card that adds luk.

There's a better upgrade bonus hat than fortune hat.

And don't forget about black things! Sometimes I've potted with harmonize on just to make them!

Terse responses intentional - I don't want to make it too easy for the competition.

Edited by DrAzzy, 28 November 2014 - 08:04 PM.

#5 armourer84

armourer84

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 07:48 AM

At first, I have no clue what is AWM.

After trying to know what is it by myself. I found it od Divindpride but there is no existence on db.irowiki.org.

but found on divindpride.

Thank for something best on midheadgear choice. :thx:

I forgot to add Zealotus on the list. I will obtain it soon. The price should be not more 20m that is purchasable for newbie like me w/o RMT.

I will search the shield card about the int later but +12 shield is something might be too expensive.

No clues for something better than Fortune Hat. The database from db.irowiki is best for the information searching but the database is old and not up-to-date. The others database is not friendly for searching some specific gears, weapons and cards. :sob:

#6 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:15 PM

Probably King Poring Hat? I don't keep track of these gears too much since the brewer I use still just uses a regular Fortune Hat.

'Merica hat provides a lot of LUK too I believe.

INT is better for gen potions than alch potions too so there's some differences for Gen brewing too.

#7 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:33 PM

you might find that venatu or dame of sentinel cards are more useful for your armor

for upper headgear most people would suggest hat of fortune or king poring hat (king poring is relatively cheap)

shield wise despero of thanatos card can add 4 int at +10

accessory wise I am not aware of a better combo, I used to use zerom in orlean gloves but the rate is the same.  Brisingamen is probably out of your range

#8 MillyBear

MillyBear

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1997 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:02 AM

Sem is advanced welding mask. It's ibtained through Reno crystals .. Check ragial.com if anyone is vending it.

King poring hat is better than Hat of fortune as it gives both dex and luk

Noxious orchid covered shield cards

The black things the doctor talks about you should just ask him.. ;-)

#9 KottyM

KottyM

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:15 AM

My pure Brewer With Gods... and Marionnette

207lxy0.jpg

W/o Gods and Marionnette

x22tdv.jpg

#10 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:52 AM

Has anyone done the math to see if a 175/60 gene with 130 base stats can out perform a bio?

#11 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:19 AM

Has anyone done the math to see if a 175/60 gene with 130 base stats can out perform a bio?

A biochemist can get at least 141 int, 129 dex, and 134 luk without recurring costs after just base+job bonuses+mc.

A geneticist gets 142 int, 138 dex, and 134 luk. Factoring in the job level difference, that's an advantage of 10.5 dex/luk-equivalent points for the bio.

With currently available gear, biochemists have a small advantage. With future gear, gens will finally be able to outperform bios.

#12 Cepo

Cepo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:02 AM

Genetic can outperform the Bio by far due to the new equips available but dont cap your stats to 130 it doesnt worth it. You should use something like 120 DEX/LUK and the rest on INT due to the cost of getting LUK and DEX beyond 120.

Besides a couple of stats on those two compared with a high increase on INT will be more useful even when the INT only affects 0.05% of the formula.

Do the Math ;)

#13 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:22 AM

Genetic can outperform the Bio by far due to the new equips available but dont cap your stats to 130 it doesnt worth it. You should use something like 120 DEX/LUK and the rest on INT due to the cost of getting LUK and DEX beyond 120.

Besides a couple of stats on those two compared with a high increase on INT will be more useful even when the INT only affects 0.05% of the formula.

Do the Math ;)

I don't think you are taking into account the harmonize + marionette control trick (and other negative stats gear)?

Regardless, it takes no time to get a character to 99/70 compared to 175/60.

#14 Cepo

Cepo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:06 AM

Harmonize and MC... I take them in count however i dont use those as a main source of stats, my build for Genetic its all based on equipment and base/job lvl, stats, plus foods and Battle Chant etc etc. Even without the Harmonize and the MC I get more than 103% success on brewing without using God Equips.

I may include Harmonize and MC on the build but only to make sure potion rate percentage wont affect my 100% success.

#15 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:53 AM

Harmonize and MC... I take them in count however i dont use those as a main source of stats, my build for Genetic its all based on equipment and base/job lvl, stats, plus foods and Battle Chant etc etc. Even without the Harmonize and the MC I get more than 103% success on brewing without using God Equips.

I may include Harmonize and MC on the build but only to make sure potion rate percentage wont affect my 100% success.

103% on what?

#16 Cepo

Cepo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:57 PM

103% success in general, without the potion rate % which will depend of course of the pot.

#17 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:35 PM

i doo 100.5 % with my brewer on everything >.<

Edited by ShinobiEX3, 05 January 2015 - 06:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users