Class Update Preview: Battle Magician - Xenoa Armory - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Class Update Preview: Battle Magician

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 VModBlueberry

VModBlueberry

Space Cowboy

• WarpPortal VM
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationSpace
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 07 November 2014 - 09:59 AM

Battle Magician Class Update:

Prior to update 173, the Battle Magician skill tree had skills now exclusive to one or the other possible second jobs open to a Battle Magician. Also, Curse and Holy Property Damage in the Battle Magician skill tree have been changed to other more appropriate property types.

Post update 173, The Battle Magicians Party Heal has been improved and several skills from second jobs open to a Battle Magician have been moved to the Battle Magician skill tree. These skills need not be exclusive to one or the other available second jobs and are now able to be learned by Battle Magician, Druid or Elementalist. The number of targets increases for the Battle Magicians Party Heal and several skills now deal their damage in a wider variety of property types.

Battle Magician Tree Before:

BattleMagicianBefore.png

Battle Magician Tree After:

BattleMagicianAfter.png

Battle Magician Tree Skill Changes:

• Battle_Magician_Rage_of_Bugs.gif
    Skill Name: Rage of Bugs
    Change: Rage of Bugs becomes a Battle Magician skill and now deals Fire Property Damage.
  • Battle_Magician_Pneumatic_Fallout.gif
    Skill Name: Pneumatic Fallout
    Change: Throwing Wastewater becomes Pneumatic Fallout and now deals Wind Property Damage.
  • Battle_Magician_Absorbing_Energy.gif
    Skill Name: Absorbing Energy
    Change: Absorbing Energy now deals Fire Property Damage and keeps the chance to heal.
  • Battle_Magician_Thrown_Vine.gif
    Skill Name: Thrown Vine
    Change: Thrown Vine now deals Wind Property Damage and keeps the movement speed reduction.
  • Battle_Magician_Natural_Healing.gif
    Skill Name: Natural Healing
    Change: Natural Healing now heals up to 5, 10 or 15 party members depending on skill level.
  • Battle_Magician_Armor_Mastery.gif
    Skill Name: Armor Mastery
    Change: Armor Mastery becomes a Battle Magician skill and the prerequisite level requirement is reduced.
  • Battle_Magician_Approach.gif
    Skill Name: Approach
    Change: Approach becomes a Battle Magician skill and the prerequisite level requirement is reduced.

These changes are still subject to change.

#2 Born2bLegend

Born2bLegend

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:05 AM

u -_- failed

#3 explicid17

explicid17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1170 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:08 AM

i like how these changes will make elem on par with other classes now, but armor mastery + dash + aoes for BM in 49 foc? too much i think. Remove armor mastery should be just for druid tanks

#4 Born2bLegend

Born2bLegend

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:12 AM

they should remove not only armor mastery but those butterflies!

#5 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:22 AM

Finally!!!!

#6 engendrodemaldad

engendrodemaldad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • LocationArgentina
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:27 AM

rage of bugs should be still as Light Damage skill

#7 Vulcano

Vulcano

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3907 posts
  • LocationPortugal
  • Server:Nova/trifrri server

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:28 AM

not bad not bad at all

#8 INeedANewName

INeedANewName

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:51 AM

this might go in the direction of OP elf style again, depends on what will be done on other classes

#9 XRosebloodX

XRosebloodX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 365 posts
  • Server:Nova

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:53 AM

For the love of all that's gory, add more base skill points.

You make us use points in skills we don't even want for skills we need. Then you add so many more skills. You can't balance a class that well if they can't use half their skills on a level that actually makes an impact because of lack of possible skill points. Again, decent ideas, mediocre execution.

#10 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 08:22 PM

make thrown vine small wind aoe like rage of bugs. remove slow part and add attack speed reduction to it.

can have same base damage per tick but be affected by magic damage. small aoe wont do much damage but it will help.

if u do what i said above it doesnt have to be pvp only and will still remain functional in both worlds.

Edited by sonemere, 07 November 2014 - 10:07 PM.

#11 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:50 PM

holy cow this Class is scary.

don`t really need a second job to kill fast and easy ^^

#12 Lyia

Lyia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 12:47 AM

That's a bunch of skills for a 1st job O.o

OP if enough skill points were given.

#13 Vulcano

Vulcano

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3907 posts
  • LocationPortugal
  • Server:Nova/trifrri server

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:32 AM

this reminds me of S1 bms :o

#14 BioElesis

BioElesis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationDominican Republic
  • Server:Triffi

Posted 08 November 2014 - 02:33 AM

Rage of Bugs should remain as Light property

#15 sleepyTown

sleepyTown

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • Server:Triffi/Nova

Posted 08 November 2014 - 04:12 AM

Its the new AT farmer now. Heal defense and aoe..wth

#16 HalfLife

HalfLife

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 08 November 2014 - 04:14 AM

Nice so far , except the Dash and Armor Mastery ... 
Hope for Defender changes soon ! 

#17 Mariuana

Mariuana

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:25 AM

armor mastery, dash, and rage of bugs i like that. finally, now i can fully play as elementalist in second job and farm in pd much faster now woohoo. and one more thing can you pls allow BM to attack at close distance and remove the "too close" thing? its really annoying when your in pve and you get slowed and when mobs gets close to you cant even attack

#18 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:03 AM

move fairies protection to lvl 20

move armor mastery to lvl 30.

scale them up...oh yea need to buff fairy's protection

add duration dna of rage of bugs to the skill.

Edited by sonemere, 08 November 2014 - 11:09 AM.

#19 XRosebloodX

XRosebloodX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:08 PM

and one more thing can you pls allow BM to attack at close distance and remove the "too close" thing? its really annoying when your in pve and you get slowed and when mobs gets close to you cant even attack

Hahaha, YEEEESSSS. This is the whole reason I get crap skills so that I can skill spam and I either A) don't want to deal with a skill cast time (I play ele) for a final hit or B.)the target is right there in front of me. . .I must be freaking far-sighted or something.

Do you have ANY idea how annoying Invisible Arrow is to almost cast during pvp or harder mob? You're running in circles pewpewing..wanna stun? Well, unless they're unusually slow or you're able use Flame Curse Strike, by the time you cast Invisible Arrow, they are too close to you to use the skill. BM/Ele is the ONLY class that I know that has this thing of targets being too close to use a skill. Other skills with this issue are Mysterious Storm, Lightning Chill Throw, Throwing Waste Water, and HCl throw. So of my pew pews as ele that I use, two-thirds have to be that slightly more distance than where mobs/people usually run to me.

Honestly, if I want to shove the elements down my opponents throat up close and personal, LET ME. THAT"S MY JOB, DANG IT!

Edited by XRosebloodX, 08 November 2014 - 10:09 PM.

#20 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:25 AM

Hahaha, YEEEESSSS. This is the whole reason I get crap skills so that I can skill spam and I either A) don't want to deal with a skill cast time (I play ele) for a final hit or B.)the target is right there in front of me. . .I must be freaking far-sighted or something.

Do you have ANY idea how annoying Invisible Arrow is to almost cast during pvp or harder mob? You're running in circles pewpewing..wanna stun? Well, unless they're unusually slow or you're able use Flame Curse Strike, by the time you cast Invisible Arrow, they are too close to you to use the skill. BM/Ele is the ONLY class that I know that has this thing of targets being too close to use a skill. Other skills with this issue are Mysterious Storm, Lightning Chill Throw, Throwing Waste Water, and HCl throw. So of my pew pews as ele that I use, two-thirds have to be that slightly more distance than where mobs/people usually run to me.

Honestly, if I want to shove the elements down my opponents throat up close and personal, LET ME. THAT"S MY JOB, DANG IT!

yeah and during that time u have 4 FUKIN debuf u have to cast to make sure ur damage is good enough...no THANK U IDIOTS!!!

#21 NemesisSlayer

NemesisSlayer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:06 PM

Eh, I actually like the min range on some of the skills as it makes playing Elementalist a bit more unique and fun than the other classes.  As for stuns, you just gotta time invisible arrow right and if they get too close you can use the flame strike.  

#22 XRosebloodX

XRosebloodX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:10 PM

Not really, in pvp or pve, group of mobs that stun you, you only have 1-2 secs to do something before next stun or something. so if the majority of your skills are either fake instant cast from dna, because waiting on skill effect before actualy skill even though you can run, or these 4m minimum, it really hurts the class. Yes it makes them different, but I've seen many quit that class simply because of that. Hopefully though with dash again, it will be a little more fair. 

#23 NemesisSlayer

NemesisSlayer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:05 PM

I haven't seen any mobs that stun that frequently thus far in my 8 or so years with requiem.  I personally like the min range as the classes weakness, however, I believe that the elementalist class needs a substantial damage boost given it is essentially supposed to be the zerker of mages.  As of right now, I still see classes like defilers, mystics, sakers, etc. that easily crit more than twice what I can on cap resistances unto myself and I have well past cap resistances to them.

#24 Gelbair

Gelbair

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:11 PM

Right on Nemesis! also you should remove the 4-30m range its annoying when they get close to you and you cannot attack, make us like all the casters...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users