Returning player, Ineed help with HS leveling spots - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Returning player, Ineed help with HS leveling spots

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:08 AM

I decided, the best way to get back in the game, is to trans one of my (( char, and well the Knight is a prime choice to trans first, but I ran into a problem.  I was leveling pretty good, but I can't figure out where I'm suppose to lv next.

I'm lv 17 at the moment so were should I go next.

#2 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1222 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:49 AM

http://db.irowiki.org use the monster search tool and look for monster at most 15lv above yours been 10 lvs above the max exp bonus you can get from lvl exp bonus. My best place to lvl with swordsman in this situation is in poison spore where you can level fast with magnum break gluck ;)

#3 Mathspy

Mathspy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:51 AM

Agi/BB Build is the fastest for get 99 easy.

1-14: Spores

14-31: Ant Hell

31-40: Orc Village

40-56: Comodo (Killing Grooves)

56-70: Doing eden board quests (Maneaters Blossom) or North Comodo killing stalatic Golems

70-100 Turn Inn :3

These places are good, easy and fast for lvl without waste tons of potions and time, Tested by me and 100% safe.

Check our guide: http://forums.warppo...te-iro-renewal/

#4 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:59 AM

To Mathspy: thanks.

#5 Mathspy

Mathspy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:19 AM

No need to thank me ^^ That's 's guide not mine

#6 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:53 AM

when i started with my RK i explored all rune midgard and new world leveling solo with Hundred Spears (Yeah, my first skill for lvl, no DB and no Ignition Break) wasting potions and supplies killing one at the time.

after you reach lvl 101 you should buy some BMX3s and Magical Stones and go Mid TI.

Visit irowiki for more information about lvl up

http://irowiki.org/w..._Turn-In_Events

#7 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:55 PM

Is there a place to hunt monsters from lv 70+ - 90ish?

I rather not do stupid quests for a whopping 30ish levels.

#8 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:00 PM

You will want to start doing Eden Gramps Turn Ins somewhere around 75-80. Solo leveling at that point only provides better EXP if you are well geared, know where and how to level, and have the budget for consumables and other necessary items/gears.

#9 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:03 PM

You will want to start doing Eden Gramps Turn Ins somewhere around 75-80. Solo leveling at that point only provides better EXP if you are well geared, know where and how to level, and have the budget for consumables and other necessary items/gears.

Well I have a +9 FAW, a spear to fit every situation, ect, so I'm pretty well off. What enemies would you suggest if I were to go that route?

Edit: I just had a idea, I have 750 prize medals, how much xp would that get me, do you think it can get me base 99, job 70(I'm lv 72/32 I think)?

Edited by Zoltor, 17 November 2014 - 03:11 PM.

#10 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:03 PM

Basically you will want to use AOE (bowling bash) to clear groups of enemies at once. "Single target leveling" is somewhat okay up to level ~80 but gets really slow afterwards and isn't an option. Eden leveling quests (not gramps) is decent up to ~80 as well. You might be able to stack those with the bounty boards for Juno area.

But after 80 you really need to be able to AOE level if you are going the soloing route. AOE leveling means keeping your HP and SP up using potions or certain gears, which can get very expensive. For HP some options are Witch Hat + Alarm Mask combo with pumpkins, Fresh Fish (not effective at high levels), Ice Creams with Snowier Cards, Aloe Leaflets (cannot be bought from NPC, only farmed or bought from players), or just using regular potions / slim potions (gets very expensive). For SP some options are natural regen (knights have very low SP pools), Vanargand Helm / Rideword Hat, and Earth Deleter Armor. Note that you can't use Vanargand + Witch Hat at the same time obviously because they are both upper slots. The only way to use "both" is to swap between the two mid-battle, and not many players are able to get their timing off well enough.

Probably the most "doable" option is to use Witch Hat + Alarm Mask + Earth Deleter Armor. This only works for melee characters like Knights though. Also note Bowling Bash takes quite a bit of practice due to the gutter lines.

So soloing does get quite tough and/or expensive. That's why most players, even veterans, just do Gramps Turn Ins.

#11 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:45 PM

Basically you will want to use AOE (bowling bash) to clear groups of enemies at once. "Single target leveling" is somewhat okay up to level ~80 but gets really slow afterwards and isn't an option. Eden leveling quests (not gramps) is decent up to ~80 as well. You might be able to stack those with the bounty boards for Juno area.

But after 80 you really need to be able to AOE level if you are going the soloing route. AOE leveling means keeping your HP and SP up using potions or certain gears, which can get very expensive. For HP some options are Witch Hat + Alarm Mask combo with pumpkins, Fresh Fish (not effective at high levels), Ice Creams with Snowier Cards, Aloe Leaflets (cannot be bought from NPC, only farmed or bought from players), or just using regular potions / slim potions (gets very expensive). For SP some options are natural regen (knights have very low SP pools), Vanargand Helm / Rideword Hat, and Earth Deleter Armor. Note that you can't use Vanargand + Witch Hat at the same time obviously because they are both upper slots. The only way to use "both" is to swap between the two mid-battle, and not many players are able to get their timing off well enough.

Probably the most "doable" option is to use Witch Hat + Alarm Mask + Earth Deleter Armor. This only works for melee characters like Knights though. Also note Bowling Bash takes quite a bit of practice due to the gutter lines.

So soloing does get quite tough and/or expensive. That's why most players, even veterans, just do Gramps Turn Ins.

Note: I'm a returning player, and a vet in RO(I have been playing since RO went live, infact I remember having to wait a few days for the game to go live). Also aside from the boat load of equips I have, I'm also sitting on 300m atm(I'm saving up for a Asprika atm for my Rogue char, and all my char if I decide to do WOE again)

For SP I have a Earth Deleter armor, and the spear that regens 1 SP per hit. As soon as a damn Ulle's Cap comes on the market, Ill be buying that for the set bonus as well. In short, SP Isn't a Issue.

I'm in the middle of leveling a AOE skill now(Brandish Spear), so yea I'll be fine(by the time I hit lv 80 it will be lv 10, and I'll most likely have Lv 5 Spear Dynamo when I hit lv 80 as well).

How about Prize Medals, is that a viable option, how many base/job levels can I get with 750 medals(after all 40m zenny for 1000 medals Isn't much, so I was thinking what the hell, might as well use them for xp)?

Edited by Zoltor, 17 November 2014 - 05:41 PM.

#12 Rusti

Rusti

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:53 PM

use this for prize medals:

choobs.org/stuff/medalcalc.html

#13 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:09 PM

use this for prize medals:

choobs.org/stuff/medalcalc.html

Ok thanks(not quite enough, but it will no doubt be more helpful once I get closer, especially for the last 10 job levels, since we all know that a slow poc sigh).

You wouldn't happen to know what enemies I should be mobbing at lv 80+ would you?

Edited by Zoltor, 17 November 2014 - 06:11 PM.

#14 Rusti

Rusti

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:53 PM

not particularly sure, but maybe try soloing low TI?

#15 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 07:01 PM

not particularly sure, but maybe try soloing low TI?

Ok, I'll give that a try, thanks.

Edit:

PS. Actually I decided to cash in the coins now, because I can go from job lv 34 to 45. That's way better then using them at job 68 to get to job 70, I'll just grind it out, no big deal(It's still a hell of a lot less painful the leveling my Rogue to 99 prerenewal, so gaining the last few job levels will feel like nothing in comparison) I now have lv 10 Brandish Spear, and lv 5 Spear Dynamo :)

Edited by Zoltor, 17 November 2014 - 09:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users