11/19 Jodie Foster Birthday Maintenance - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

11/19 Jodie Foster Birthday Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:13 PM

Ok folks, for next maintenance please request map spawn/spawn density changes. What things you liked from Heim's monster spawn change project and what maps and dungeons need more attention! This is my priority for next week.

This thread , this thread and this thread are what I'm looking at as guidance. 

We will have a new community written Thanksgiving quest coming in, I think you'll be able to guess WHO wrote it once you do the quest...
NIOwOQZ.gif
Please try out the limited-consumable PVP areas as well, the room will be freely enterable and MVP cards and God Items are blocked on the map. The north island in Izlude is where you can find the NPC. 

Map Spawn Changes!

Based on feedback from users in the forum and the custom classic spawn changes found on irowiki's Classic DB and changed the following maps as part of the project I am re-kickstarting. 

Batholian map properly restored, with Anolians added to spawns

Mjolnir Dead Pit 1 map changed to classic custom spawns and the Tarou spawns have been doubled

Mjolnir Dead Pit 2 map changed to classic custom spawns and Martin spawns have been doubled

Mt. Mjolnir 1, 2, and 3 changed to classic custom spawns

Prontera Field 3 map changed to classic custom spawns and the Yoyo spawns have been doubled

Dimik spawn removed from Juperos Ruins 1

Underwater tunnel 1, 2, and 3 maps changed to classic custom spawns

Geffen Field 11 map changed to classic custom goblin spawns 

Morroc Field 1, 2, and 4 maps changed to classic custom spawns

In schg_cas02 

To fix a bug where players could destroy the barricade before the guardian stones are down these two areas highlighted in the picture can no longer be attacked through. This will not affect the ability of players to sling spells to and from the platforms.

TXXQOdg.png

Also, question to the community on a few possible projects/ changes, yea or nay:

Boost in the amount of BG medals you receive if you are VIP

Overlook-style dungeon (we can't do the customized monsters) that rewards some gear and a card at the end

Changes to biolabs to make it more attractive to level in (not HW instant spawns), including changing previously demon type monsters there to demihuman (less equipment switching), removing monster skills that push you away from your party and increasing the reward to leveling there.

One idea is to have an no monster respawn event map where you have a limited amount of time to clear the regular monsters from the map, once they are gone it spawns the level 99 boss monsters.

Eden group type gear(s) that can be received through a PVE quest.

#2 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:49 PM

Most of the previous spawn changes are still accurate from here: http://db.irowiki.org/classic/

We still have a few of them, from memory these are maps that are currently custom and different from the default 13.2 spawns:

GH (most maps)

Geffen Dungeon

Sphinx 4/5

Abyss Lake 3

Bio 3

As for things I'd like to see implemented/fixed:

Batholians (http://db.irowiki.or...nfo/alde_dun04/)

Bio 3 (Proper 13.2 spawns with instant spawn High Wizards)

#3 Ryokosha

Ryokosha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Server:iRO Classic

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:14 PM

If you decide for improved spawns, then do them for all maps and not just a selected few.

For me either "all official episode 12 kRO spawns" or "whole spawn revamp that makes all maps equally worthwhile" is most acceptable. "We just improve spawns on a few player-picked maps" doesn't really work for me, it will feel like a custom quick-fix that isn't well thought out, especially because players will just point out maps that are fairly "good" already anyway, because they won't even think about the maps they never go to.

If improving everything at once is "too much work", I say you should focus on one region at a time and then get player input only for this region. For example start with "Prontera Field & Culvert only" then move to "Payon Field and Cave" and so on.

Heimdallr did a pretty good job with the spawns. I never experienced them but I went through db.irowiki.org/classic and read through all of them and most changes felt smart and well thought-out, even though there are still many unpopular maps completely neglected (I assume Heimdallr never managed to finish his spawn project before it was decided to revert almost everything to official kRO).

#4 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:06 AM

I'd be down for that whole spawn revamp imo, but a few off the top of my head:

-Cocos/Caramels map needs to be denser, they're reasonable turn-ins but maaan it takes longer than expected. cocos are awesome for strawberries, as well!

-Juperos 1 needs to lose the dimiks. That's a more popular one, but uuuuuugh please.

-Goblins map could be a bit more dense. I've spent too much time doing TK Missions twice there (because I did not learn to reset them enough the first time) and it's a little sad.

-Coal mines 2: bump up them Martins. They're the only source for Jur[3]s, at a garbage rate mind you.

A lot of lower level maps with more passive monsters could probably just get denser. Juperos is just there because I WANNA LEVEL MY SINS THERE PLS. It's 4am, I can figure out other stuff later.

#5 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 13 November 2014 - 08:24 AM

triple GD spawns

:rice:

#6 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:05 PM

If you decide for improved spawns, then do them for all maps and not just a selected few.

For me either "all official episode 12 kRO spawns" or "whole spawn revamp that makes all maps equally worthwhile" is most acceptable. "We just improve spawns on a few player-picked maps" doesn't really work for me, it will feel like a custom quick-fix that isn't well thought out, especially because players will just point out maps that are fairly "good" already anyway, because they won't even think about the maps they never go to.

If improving everything at once is "too much work", I say you should focus on one region at a time and then get player input only for this region. For example start with "Prontera Field & Culvert only" then move to "Payon Field and Cave" and so on.

Heimdallr did a pretty good job with the spawns. I never experienced them but I went through db.irowiki.org/classic and read through all of them and most changes felt smart and well thought-out, even though there are still many unpopular maps completely neglected (I assume Heimdallr never managed to finish his spawn project before it was decided to revert almost everything to official kRO).

It will be a pretty widespread project, but I ask you guys so that we can focus on the crucial areas first before we move on to other maps. 

#7 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 07:39 PM

One of the best parts about the Demon mobs in Bio was that Sins were no longer able to mindlessly Grimtooth everything there. That and the more creative members of our community rationalised Seyren and Eremes' race shift to their "demonic" personalities. Was cute <3

Nay on the BG Medal boost with VIP. It's already bot farmed extremely heavily. I'd rather a boost to Tierra's rewards in order to move people out of Flavius.

An overlook dungeon for the 4 major elements would be cool. Fire (Thors), Water (Byalan), Earth (maybe Umbala) and Wind (Louyang Suei Long Gon, since the rest is predominantly Undead). Could have a trial at the end of each dungeon that involves clearing out monsters and revealing the boss, to mix your event map idea into it.

"Eden" Gear would be nice! Nerfed versions of Heim's original rental gears and a weapon suited to the player's class, that can be hidden enchanted with items received through quests. Maybe received through completing the proposed overlook-style dungeons? The weapon could be endowed with an element respective to the element of the dungeon.

#8 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 14 November 2014 - 04:19 AM

Changes to biolabs to make it more attractive to level in (not HW instant spawns), including changing previously demon type monsters there to demihuman (less equipment switching), removing monster skills that push you away from your party and increasing the reward to leveling there.

Will you hold our hand's and give out candy while we are there also?

You don't decrease the effort and increase the reward... We are not babies. 

Just pick one and leave the other.

Want to fix something? Ban some high end bots! Like the ones I reported ages ago botting thors... WITH VIDEO! Explain to me why they can bot the -_- out of thors, yet Xellie cant change her emblem?

Edit* for good measure 

Edited by Tribe, 14 November 2014 - 04:22 AM.

#9 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Server:bad news

Posted 14 November 2014 - 04:23 AM

reduce total monsters in bio 3, people are never going to have a moving party in there. having it that dense just puts people off setting up the instant spawns and slows down leveling solo

#10 Ryokosha

Ryokosha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Server:iRO Classic

Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:02 AM

It will be a pretty widespread project, but I ask you guys so that we can focus on the crucial areas first before we move on to other maps. 

Yeah, but how are "crucial areas" even defined? The maps that are "most useless"? The maps that people want to go to the most? Or the maps I personally want to have changed the most, even though they don't really matter all that much?

Name me a few maps and I can give you a full spawn list of every map that would keep all maps in the list balanced without losing any ability to hunt a specific monster. But it's hard for me to tell what I should focus on when the only information is "crucial areas".

For example many people are interesting having Bio 3 made more interesting, but I think that map already has the best Exp:HP ratio anyway, it certainly is by faaaaar better than for example Odin's Temple and Thanatos Tower. Bio 3 is only bad because Thor leeching is too good.

My personal most wanted are probably all low level areas, let's take for example Payon and Morroc:

Payon:

1. Reduce wolf spawns in wolf map back to official. Wolfs are already too good in terms of exp, no reason to buff them more by increasing their spawns

2. Make sure Spores and Wolves are not combined on the same map, since both of them are the top hunted monsters in payon because of their good Exp:HP ratio.

3. Move in more snakes on the wolf map instead.

4. Increase the Elder Willow spawns on the map south-east of Payon. That map feels really empty at the moment and hunting Elder Willows with a low level party is fun.

5. Also Smokies / Bigfoot spawns could be higher on payon fields. They have nice drops but aren't really worth much Exp, so hunting them should be faster and it would still not make the map good exp.

6. Remove Caramel east of Payon (that they spawn there seems to be a bug anyway, they are mountain animals ever since episode 8) and instead increase Willows, so new players actually have a monster they can hunt near payon and also can get trunks to become archer easier. Right now both maps next to Payon are mainly Spores.

Morroc:

1. Similar problem but here with Peco Pecos and Mukas. They are too good exp, so don't increase their spawns over the official amount.

2. Make the desert maps more interesting by giving each map a unique monsters that spawns in large amount. A map for Golems, a map for Magnolia, a map for Desert Wolves, etc. all the monsters are not very good exp, but would still be fun to hunt if there was a proper map for each of them (they usually already have a main map each, just need to increase their amount).

3. Revert Vitata amount in Ant Hell 1 back to official value, instead increase amount of Vitata spawn in Ant Hell 2. That gives a good reason to actual venture to the second floor. Right now Ant Hell 1 basically has double as many ants as there should be, Ant Hell 2 has official amounts. That just doesn't make any sense. Ant Hell 1 should be there to hunt Andre/Deniro/Pierre/Eggs, Ant Hell 2 should be for Vitata hunting.

I also agree with ClickyHpen's suggestions. More Cocos and Caramels in mountain regions. In fact it would also be nice if you "fixed" the spawns in Prontera Maze so that each monster type is actually on its grid cell rather than randomly also spawning in the next grid. And reduce respawn times so it actually become worth it to go to a grid of the monster you want to hunt. Juperos without Dimiks is nice but it's not really my most wanted (I understand it might be abusable?). Goblin Maps really need to be worth it more, though the map east of the village I found the problem is not the total spawn but rather because nobody ever goes to the north-east part of the map so all monsters end up there eventually. The village could need more total spawns, though.

I also agree with the Coal Mine update. Well Floor 1 is currently completely pointless, but I can't think of a mob that should spawn to a higher amount there. Level 2 should all be about hunting Martin's though. A high spawn amount would be cool. And Coal Mine 3 for Skeleton Workers (and I liked the place more when it had Myst rather than Cramp). Yup.

#11 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 06:23 AM

xellie posted a lot of good feedback in some of the threads listed. i went through the list of dungeons and typed out some of my initial thoughts. i think a common theme is a LOT of maps feel not worth visiting. either the exp or spawn rate is low, or the item and cards are not worth the time there. there are really only a couple of maps that people visit for partying, so i would say to make other maps much more appealing. that or nerf the few op dungeons (anubis and thors). and granted, i realize that all dungeons cannot compare to bio3 or thors in terms of exp, but the disparity right now between dungeons is a bit much. also, dungeons where the monsters don't drop cards are in need desperate need of a buff imo.

abyss lake - no changes needed

amatsu dungeon - i don't think floor 3 is worth the hassle of getting there in terms of exp. so i'd say a exp boost would be nice. i went there during the amatsu spotlight and the spawns were perfect. it's just that the monsters took forever to kill because of the high mdef and because they're mostly neutral or shadow. also, the fact that the dungeon has a quest req and the fact that you are forced to walk through the dumb maze floor 1...floor 3 should really be made more appealing.

ant hell - why are there more ants on floor 1 lol.

ayothaya dungeon - i have only seen one person in ayothaya dungeon and they were attempting to hunt lady tanee. tamruans and krabens have crappy drops, though tamruans are decent exp if you have a weapon that pierces defense. there's a lot of tamruans, which is nice. the krabens feel pointless as they only give 200 exp, yet they have 5k hp and super high flee. fix this.

beach dungeon - i have no comments for it.

biolab - should have been improved ages ago. sorry, the fact that this server is so dead i think can be traced at least partly to this. you guys dropped the ball on this one. people have been saying for months to improve it.

byalan - was absolutely beautiful during the spotlight. it was hardcore mobby. especially floor 5. actually 5 was so mobby my rogue couldn't solo there and he's 96 with decent gears lol. but that's okay!! i'd rather have the map require a party than be empty like it was in the past. i haven't been there since then.

clock tower - some of the maps in clock tower are interesting, but there are others that are like wtf. CT 4 is not worth the hassle to get to. i'm tempted to say increase the spawns of alarms and add clocks if they're not already there and decrease owl dukes, but then i think about how CT 2 and 3 are full of bots killing clocks and alarms... :/ make CT 4 more worthwhile to go to somehow. in its current state, it is not worth it. i tried to start a party to go there and i couldn't even get anyone to go with me. :( the basement maps are a little bit better, the only one i go to semi regularly is the penomena map. which reminds me...for as large as the CT maps are, I think most of them could use a spawn increase. the penomena map is the only one that I really feel like is perfect. i used to hunt there on my bard when i was a noob and that was some fun, intense leveling

coal mine - first floor is completely useless. why?? second floor should have a substantial increase in martins.

einbech dungeon - i think again this dungeon screams not worth the hassle, particularly floor 2. when i was a low level and new to the server i tried to level on floor 1 on my rogue, but the pitman hurt once they go into fury. :/ and actually some of the monsters on floor 2 have good drops, but teddy bears are scary. i went and got destroyed by them lol. my minstrel had like 80 dex and could barely hit them with double strafe. their flee is insane. if i tried to find a party to go with me there i'm not sure anyone would even want to go with me. :(

geffen dungeon - i don't think there are any major changes that need to be made

geffenia - i am always torn with geffenia. for how difficult the monsters are and considering basically everything is shadow, holy, or neutral, i feel like the exp is absolutely pitiful. not worth it at all. lots of monsters there range and cause all sorts of status effects. the only reason people go there are for incubus cards. the drops are great there, but the times i've partied there, people get frustrated because of the exp or at how annoying the monsters are. i think the spawns are perfect for the maps, though. i could do with a few less false angels personally, but in terms of overall numbers, i think the spawns are great.

glast heim - a couple of the maps are okay, but i really wish there was more partying here. i love this dungeon. slight increase in spawns and in exp would be great. i miss the old days of majo parties you have no idea. someone PM me if you wanna go down to majos with my high wizard for nostalgia. :x

gonryun dungeon - i have spent a lot of time on these maps as i leveled here a lot as a bard and they are typically pretty empty. i've only ever seen another player on the first floor. the first floor is nice because of the abundance of healing items dropped. i get the impression that people feel like the dungeon is not worth spending time in past the first floor.

guild dungeons - MAKE THE OTHER GUILD DUNGEONS BESIDES LUINA BETTER. idk why you people keep putting this off when it is so blatant. slight increase in exp would be lovely. also, would GSB be able to be added in the woe 2.0 GDs? i love love love the woe 2 GDs, but people seem to not really ever want to go...partly for this reason. you all should really consider it as the woe 2 GD monsters do not drop cards. 

hidden temple - no comment.

ice dungeon - this ice dungeon event was a mess. if there's anything that makes me not want to play RO, it's players' inconsiderate behavior in pvm. i can deal with woe being a cluster-_- of drama, but if pvm is a drama fest as well...well, why play RO? just saying. the fact that one guild or one large sitting party can ruin the map for everyone there should be concerning. there are some maps that are not designed for large sitting parties to be pulling huge mobs, this is one of them. the dungeon is fine as is.

juperos - wtf this is my favorite dungeon. make it better please. it's so bad right now it's saddening. get rid of dimiks on floor 1. the quest is fun, but idk about doing it every single time to go to floor 3. seems like a hassle tbh. if the exp were much, much better on floor 3, i might consider it worth it doing the quest every time...but as of now, no. it would probably be easier to make floor 3 more appealing than to change how the quest works.

kiel factory - never been here besides for the quest, but i don't think people are clawing to form parties here...so make it more appealing? also, kiel quest is long, which is nice, though when i did it it seemed buggy as hell (which is not nice).

louyang dungeon - increase spawns in floor 3. also, hyeguns are not worth the exp at all. their drops are absolute crap. this place is absolutely dead and the only reason i can fathom someone would even want to come to floor 3 is to hunt yarn. and even then, i can't even force myself to stay longer than 30 minutes hunting yarn on my rogue. actually now that i think about it this dungeon in general is crap. floor 2 has mimics and a million hyeguns. wtf. why would i want to go there? floor 1 is nice with the mushrooms and it's the only place to kill jing guai but still man.

magma dungeon - floor 1 is perfect, floor 2 is not. nightmare terrors are the worst. make floor 2 more appealing. magma 1 is a shining example of how you guys really improved a dungeon on this server. you buffed spawns and added a turn in.

moscovia dungeon - no one ever seems to want to go past the first floor, so i'd say again make the second and third floor more appealing...somehow. i think it's worth mentioning that these monsters do not drop cards, so they really should be made more worthwhile to kill.

nameless dungeon - i personally think this place is stressful. but i love the spawn rates, though. the one dungeon that got the spawn rates perfect!!!

odin temple - make skeggiolds give a boatload of job exp like wtf. those things are annoying as hell. i think it's unfair how little exp you get in this dungeon compared to other dungeons of this difficulty. i also feel like the drops are not that great. at least the cards aren't that useful anyway. i know people sometimes farm the feathers or odins blessings, but still.

orc dungeon - no comment

payon dungeon - no comment besides the fact that it's gotten so bad recently with botting i avoid it :/

prontera culvert - no comment

pyramid - i almost never go here tbh, no comment.

rachel sanctuary - floor 1 is awesome, but some of the other floors are stressful. i think the warps should not always be random. i tried partying there recently and we had to give up because we kept getting wiped because each of us would be sent to different floors. that -_- was so annoying. also seekers wtf. those things are the absolute worst. dispel is evil and if they're going to be spamming that crap they better give hella good exp and drops. i dont see bio3 or thors monsters spamming dispel. i partied a long time ago during a rachel spotlight on rachel sanc 4 and it was seriously so much fun. one of the times i've had the most fun partying on this server. there were tons and tons of agavs and echios. high wizard+high priest+minstrel = fun time. this dungeon is underutilized imo.

sphinx - no comment

sunken ship - i just don't like kukres...

thanatos tower - i love this dungeon, but feel like the drops are not really worth the hassle if you're not going to go kill the thanatos mvp. most of the monsters' cards here all suck. the spawn rates are great here. again, the exp compared to other dungeons of this difficulty is not balanced imo. needs an exp buff to compete with other higher level dungeons.

thors volcano - this dungeon has single handedly killed partying at higher levels.

toy factory - slight buff in spawns rates

turtle dungeon - confession: i've never been past surface here on classic. so i don't think i can comment. i imagine it could use a small buff.  i went to turtle island surface during the alberta spotlight and it was quite nice.

umbala dungeon - epitome of "not worth it." i had to spend an hour here hunting for headgear pieces and it was so boring. it's a shame because i feel like it's an interesting dungeon visually and structurally, i just think the monsters are underwhelming in terms of exp and drops.

edit: oh and flavius is so lame. tierra is where it's at. increase rewards from tierra. tierra is 10x more fun than the bot infested joke that flavius is. i would live in BG if tierra gave more medals.

Edited by Ecclesio, 14 November 2014 - 01:45 PM.

#12 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:53 AM

i don't have much time before work so pretend i emptyquoted ryokosha and ecclesio, this is the kind of stuff we need !!! will edit in more later tonight after work, but dang those look like some good ideas.

update: yoyo map: needs more yoyos. i did a TK mission there and it's such a large map! also: bots. same deal with savages, minus the bots, and maybe plus some improvements to the monster itself because lordy there is no real reason to hunt them. relatively bad card (not quite ghoul bad, but still), angled glasses aren't a slottable mid (HMMMMM), anodynes and elu are ok but garbage drop rates.

#13 IlliterateGaming

IlliterateGaming

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 680 posts
  • LocationYouTube & Twitch.tv
  • Server:Chaos & Loki

Posted 14 November 2014 - 04:24 PM

Eden group type gear(s) that can be received through a PVE quest.

Copypaste from Fungineers about a year ago:

What if we began to design short quests that were designed to help players learn how to walk from town to town? I remember my early days in the game that was something that all my friends suggested I learn to do, since I couldn't afford Kafra teleports yet. These quest would be designed to help players get to know the world, and how to get from point A to point B, as well as learn where certain monsters are located along the way.

For example:
The player would initiate a quest in any town; say, Morroc for this example.

The player would receive a mission to accompany a caravan from Morroc to, say, Payon. The first caravan would send you one map west and give you a killcount + item collection amount. You would then hunt monsters on that map until you finished the quest, then you would find the caravan near the next portal closest to Payon. Essentially you are "clearing the way" for the caravan to proceed.

For every caravan you complete you could get an armor set from that town. "Morrocan Hat" "Payon Greatbow" "Alberta Traveler's Shoes" "Prontera Jacket" etc.

#14 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:44 AM

Also, question to the community on a few possible projects/ changes, yea or nay:

Boost in the amount of BG medals you receive if you are VIP

Both of these sound good to me!

#15 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:45 AM

Will you hold our hand's and give out candy while we are there also?

You don't decrease the effort and increase the reward... We are not babies. 

Just pick one and leave the other.

Easier leveling is good for the server IMO. Most players have multiple 99's already anyways.

woe needs quarterly econ resets (every 3 month reset all castles to 1 econ)

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 17 November 2014 - 10:46 AM.

#16 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 11:16 AM

updates on new world Kvm  id like to not wait  6-12 months for any major update its starting to become tiresome and why are we waiting on old content.

:Edit: why is there no Gm liaison yet  so i know my opinion actually goes to someone that matters an not in your waste basket.

Edited by zerowon, 17 November 2014 - 11:17 AM.

#17 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 November 2014 - 11:20 AM

community managers are your liaison, GMs don't generally interact directly with the playerbase outside of the support ticket system.

unless you're asking for a CM who specifically services the Classic server?

#18 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 17 November 2014 - 11:20 AM

JUST GIVE US THE OLD BIOLABS ALL YOUR STUPID EDITS TO IT SO FAR MADE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO LEVEL IN. WE WANT HIGH RISK HIGH REWARD NOT WHATEVER STUPID RENEWAL-ESQUE CRAPOLA YOU'RE THINKING ABOUT.

if we have the gear/ability to farm instant kathy, why do you care? It's been cool for people to clean/bug the entire map and farm the cecils and those are shut down with pneuma!

#19 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 November 2014 - 11:24 AM

JUST GIVE US THE OLD BIOLABS ALL YOUR STUPID EDITS TO IT SO FAR MADE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO LEVEL IN. WE WANT HIGH RISK HIGH REWARD NOT WHATEVER STUPID RENEWAL-ESQUE CRAPOLA YOU'RE THINKING ABOUT.

if we have the gear/ability to farm instant kathy, why do you care? It's been cool for people to clean/bug the entire map and farm the cecils and those are shut down with pneuma!

Don't bother doing anything to biolabs unless you do this first.

updates on new world Kvm  id like to not wait  6-12 months for any major update its starting to become tiresome and why are we waiting on old content.

:Edit: why is there no Gm liaison yet  so i know my opinion actually goes to someone that matters an not in your waste basket.

Don't bother doing anything to biolabs unless you do this first.

I want FULL pre-renewal status. After years, Classic still isn't caught up. The game is so stagnant no amount of improved leveling will help even a fraction as much as fresh content.

Edited by Scuba, 17 November 2014 - 11:29 AM.

#20 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 11:32 AM

i want my nid garb :D

#21 HasegawaRyou

HasegawaRyou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 01:40 PM

I'm looking forward to the bio3 changes stated. I don't know what you mean by "impossible" to level in. My friends and I have been down there and getting positive experience each time we go as a walking party. Sure the spawn rate could be lowered a bit, but it is definitely not impossible to level in. We do completely fine with a scholar, champ, HP, and minstrel. 

#22 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 17 November 2014 - 01:58 PM

Copypaste from Fungineers about a year ago:

What if we began to design short quests that were designed to help players learn how to walk from town to town? I remember my early days in the game that was something that all my friends suggested I learn to do, since I couldn't afford Kafra teleports yet. These quest would be designed to help players get to know the world, and how to get from point A to point B, as well as learn where certain monsters are located along the way.

For example:
The player would initiate a quest in any town; say, Morroc for this example.

The player would receive a mission to accompany a caravan from Morroc to, say, Payon. The first caravan would send you one map west and give you a killcount + item collection amount. You would then hunt monsters on that map until you finished the quest, then you would find the caravan near the next portal closest to Payon. Essentially you are "clearing the way" for the caravan to proceed.

For every caravan you complete you could get an armor set from that town. "Morrocan Hat" "Payon Greatbow" "Alberta Traveler's Shoes" "Prontera Jacket" etc.

That's a fine idea. If you can brainstorm some parameters/dialog we could get working on that while we figure out stats on the items. 

#23 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:42 PM

I'm looking forward to the bio3 changes stated. I don't know what you mean by "impossible" to level in. My friends and I have been down there and getting positive experience each time we go as a walking party. Sure the spawn rate could be lowered a bit, but it is definitely not impossible to level in. We do completely fine with a scholar, champ, HP, and minstrel. 

Yes you camp on the door I've seen it, what about the rest of us that your crap spawns on?

Bio 3 should be more exp than thors, not less.

#24 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts
  • Server:Both

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:44 PM

Good update so far. Keep up the good work.

edit: oh. these are just ideas. I skimmed and thought we were getting all those, lol.

well, still interested to see the 'merica thanksgiving quest.

Edited by Cinquine, 17 November 2014 - 02:47 PM.

#25 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:59 PM

Also, the whole "all monsters demi human less equipment switching" thing is total nonsense. anti-mediums exist. If people can't swap between TWO shields, then wth. That is some serious babying.

If you want to give bio3 a positive buff, put teleport back in the 99's AIs.

Edited by Xellie, 17 November 2014 - 03:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users