In this thread we spill our secret. - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

In this thread we spill our secret.

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#26 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:EternalLove

Posted 15 November 2014 - 05:05 PM

While I'm not willing to publish my MVP Rogue/SC's stat build(not like many people would beable to properly use it anyway), there is a little known secret that I'm willing to tell(hopefully this will increase the love for that Thief route)

It is widely believed that because mobs bigger then 3 monsters big, give them hit bonuses, that Flee is somehow not good, some even claim such to be useless getting more flee then what's needed to take on 1-3 of said monster.

People that is not true in any way, shape or form. The rule of thumb for making a Rogue type job able to handle bigger mobs, is "the more FLEE, the better". If you just have enough FLL to get 95% FLEE against said monster, ofcourse bigger mobs are gonna own you. All the bonus to hit mobs get, is just that a bonus, as in all it is, is a numbers game. In short, the more FLEE you have, the bigger mobs you'll beable to handle, all you need is enough FLEE to also cover the bonuses the mob is getting, and you're good.

I'd say the same thing for rangers.

#27 EdwinKuswanto

EdwinKuswanto

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 861 posts
  • Server:[Renewa]Chaos

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:16 AM

If you are only getting 1m exp then you are only turning in for 1/3 of the reward.... You should be getting around 3m base and job exp.

first get exp from egnigem in niff

then get exp from emma searth in aldebaran

then get exp from max von shedough in prontera castle

don't tell me you've only been turning in to one of the npc's then resetting it >-<

Sorry rarely tune the quest anymore, yes I already talk to 3 of them, I just forgot how many exp I got, but I'm sure I got a lot of EXP from running this quest.

#28 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:45 AM

Here's a couple tips for new players...nothing in the way of exp, but the juice making quest is just about as old as the server, but I don't really hear many people talking about it any more.

If you do the Eden group Equipment quests, one of the first places you'll be sent to is one field south, and one east of Morroc (AKA Sograt Field 11) to kill the condors, baby desert wolves, and scorpions. The oranges that drop not only heal SP, but a little HP as well. Stock up on these to spam skills/magic later on, especially since even mages with level 10 SP regen still suffer from SP running out. You can also grab a meat here for the juice quest...

It has no other reward, but if you save a meat, you can do the juice making quest. It takes a minute to do, and doubles your income (or more) if you sell grape juice (for example) over grapes alone. Even if you buy the grapes and empty bottles, you can still profit selling the juices. Great for newbies who need a little funding and can't get into the spore field due to DBs or don't want to battle with bots. Just go into Payon cave (which would be the next stage in the Eden Equipment quests), and take out the familiars and poporings for the grapes, then buy or hunt empty bottles. The grape juice is also better for SP regen than just grapes. They're also a lot cheaper and lighter than blue potions. Great for low-level magic classes and skill spammers or mid-level classes/builds with low SP pools.

Also, you can make banana and apple juices to feed your poring, novice poring or yoyo pets.

#29 gorgoroth1

gorgoroth1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Server:Chaos04Nov13Thor27Apr15

Posted 16 November 2014 - 03:06 AM

For those pet/homun/ti's lover, if you getting dc'ed by server, don't middle finger at yr monitor and left the games doing something else.

Try to re-login coz yr character might not being log-off properly by server yet, which lead to lost/angry pet,homun/lost exp lol

#30 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:39 AM

Here's a couple tips for new players...nothing in the way of exp, but the juice making quest is just about as old as the server, but I don't really hear many people talking about it any more.

i find it amusing that while bananas, grapes, apples and even carrots can be turned into juices, the other fruits that drop cannot (e.g. strawberry, orange) due to the fact that they weren't in the game when the juice quest was first put in.

incidentally, orange juice exists, but it is a drops tame. :P

#31 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:13 AM

I'd say the same thing for rangers.

Yea that's right, these days ranger type char do go FLEE, since they need to get a ton of AGI for ASPD anyway, and DEX is their atkp stat, FLEE is the easy way to go with them. Before Ranger came out, people use to go Vit, but yea AGI is the better way anyway(Vit on a Hunter/Ranger type char is really only good for increasing the HP mod, but AGI, and DEX should be the main stats for max effectiveness, It's sad it took 3rd Jobs to come out for most people to realize that)

#32 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:17 AM

Am I the only one that reads capitalised acronyms as shouting?

#33 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 17 November 2014 - 07:05 AM

Am I the only one that reads capitalised acronyms as shouting?

my ears HURT

#34 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 17 November 2014 - 07:28 AM

I watched Bocu no Pico. Hm, probably not the kind of secret you're interested in. Let's see, something RO related...

Make a mastersmith, get it to job 70 (eden boards on the second floor will help with that), upgrade lvl 3 weapons to +8 and wait for eatgear. Easy way to stock up on safe to 7 weapon certs.

#35 Sizzleboom

Sizzleboom

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 07:32 AM

I watched Bocu no Pico. Hm, probably not the kind of secret you're interested in.

This is relevant to my interests.

#36 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 07:38 AM

I watched Bocu no Pico.

2504693-omg_rage_face.png

#37 johnnycakes

johnnycakes

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 17 November 2014 - 07:58 AM

I don't know how much of this stuff is a secret, but here are some things I do.

If you do Overlook dungeon, get the counts but don't turn in the boards yet. Wait until you finish all the kill counts and talk to all the boards at once. Only turn them in if you're Trans.

Using a Merc Scroll/Homun helps spread out earthquake DMG.

If you do the mid TI, get job only when you turn in. By the time you make it to base lvl 125, you'll probably be job 40 or very close. You need to be patient for that one. Don't be a sucker and end up with 150/47 characters.

Bring whites/blues with you even if you have support classes in the party.

#38 aznspikey

aznspikey

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:09 AM

Navigation System

/navi (map name) (co-ordinates) i.e /navi ama_dun01 221/143, /navi prontera 135/120, navi moc_paraup 10/185

As long as you have the location, navi system will show you where to go. It rarely fails to find the route. I don't think everyone knows it exists or how to use it. Makes doing quests in unfamiliar territory easier.

Edited by aznspikey, 17 November 2014 - 09:10 AM.

#39 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1801 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:54 AM

HvuAVq6.png

#40 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:13 AM

what is that

#41 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:16 AM

Damn, now THAT'S a secret lol.

#42 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:17 AM

Shh.

#43 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:20 AM

I know what that is, but I can't figure out what the red dots mean.

#44 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:34 AM

You can easily get out of Stealth by using a Guarana Candy. This is much faster than recasting Stealth.

#45 johnnycakes

johnnycakes

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:37 AM

You can easily get out of Stealth by using a Guarana Candy. This is much faster than recasting Stealth.

Works with Magnifiers too

#46 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:37 AM

Oooh I liked the last three from milk, Zayaan, and spikey. Since I got a few valuable things from this thread, I'll contribute as well.

On a Genetic with an Amistr, you can use your Amistr base Homunculus to move you around in hide status with Castling.

yes- castling lawl

Edited by KamiKali, 17 November 2014 - 10:42 AM.

#47 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:40 AM

You mean castling.

#48 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:47 AM

Might as well:

Sorcerer's elemental spirits have their stats set at the time of summoning.As long as you don't re-summon it,the stats will be the same.

Summon it when Hawkeye's effect is on and it will have very high aspd (190+ depending on your dex) for the remainder of it's duration.

The summons can potentially have very high flee rates.Just use all your flee boosting gear/buffs while summoning it.

Also,level 2 insignias change the element of monster's ATK% based neutral skills(in addition to their normal attacks).

Edited by sb120495, 17 November 2014 - 10:53 AM.

#49 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 17 November 2014 - 11:11 AM

You can't polymorph the slaves of other monsters.You also cannot polymorph non-boss protocol monsters that summon other monsters.

I polymorphed an orc baby into a hammer kobold, and its slave orc warrior into a lude.

#50 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 17 November 2014 - 11:24 AM

I polymorphed an orc baby into a hammer kobold, and its slave orc warrior into a lude.

That's weird.Toad's slaves wouldn't change.Maybe the slaves are given immunity if the summoner has it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users