• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 turnermanxi

turnermanxi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:14 PM

I know i'm probably going to get a lot of guns at my brain but honestly...I feel its very necessary for a wipe right now.  This game is going on years and years without much new content and by it being near impossible anyone new to join this game and be successful and there's no point in investing in a game with no new players coming and the only things that is happening is older players returning or leaving.  This game will be bound to end so why not do a re-opening?  It would call out for a ton of new players to come and the older players (that aren't depressed, in a shock, or a rose coma) to come back and be better than what they could have been with new competition.  It's just necessary for a game this old and going nowhere at this point to not have a good ole clean wipe WITH reworks in the game itself as in class balancing, drop rates, zulie rates, etc.  which is usually tested right before a wipe with extreme exp rates and skill and stat resets with the availability of eq since there will be a wipe.  So begin the nitpicking and raging. 

PS: No separate servers...

Edited by turnermanxi, 16 November 2014 - 12:17 PM.

#2 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in another world
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:55 PM

I know i'm probably going to get a lot of guns at my brain but honestly...I feel its very necessary for a wipe right now.  This game is going on years and years without much new content and by it being near impossible anyone new to join this game and be successful and there's no point in investing in a game with no new players coming and the only things that is happening is older players returning or leaving.  This game will be bound to end so why not do a re-opening?  It would call out for a ton of new players to come and the older players (that aren't depressed, in a shock, or a rose coma) to come back and be better than what they could have been with new competition.  It's just necessary for a game this old and going nowhere at this point to not have a good ole clean wipe WITH reworks in the game itself as in class balancing, drop rates, zulie rates, etc.  which is usually tested right before a wipe with extreme exp rates and skill and stat resets with the availability of eq since there will be a wipe.  So begin the nitpicking and raging. 

PS: No separate servers...

we players in forum already discussed a topic more or less like that, but in the end topic was closed n maybe idk, nthing was made, who knows if will be useless again this topic (no offense), but one thing i agree, the ps part i like it n should be done :).

#3 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 16 November 2014 - 02:32 PM

You can't wipe a server after people spent tons of money to buy things from IM...Unless you let them keep all the IM stuff. But then again I don't think people would be willing to level up all their characters again, get gear and all. I personally wouldn't bother doing something that took years, all over again. I'd just move on to something else.

Edited by Gojio, 16 November 2014 - 02:33 PM.

#4 turnermanxi

turnermanxi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 02:54 PM

You would just be re-imbursed on the IM you've spent back.  And everything that people have worked or "worked" for will just have to be gone.  That's what comes with a wipe.  People have to remember this is still a game, not life.  I've spent years on my char as well but i'm only thinking what would be best for the server and not best for only the old players.  It would be nice if the dev focused on new content, extending the lvl cap, exp rate, and to make it a little harder to get every single thing in the game which most players that play all the time now, do.  Rose needs to be restarted completely.  Too many people have more chars with the best gear possible and it seems that half the game has already beat it, multiple times, if you ask me.  Just like pokemon, getting all the pokemon in shiny and to lvl 100 is literally completing game, which pokemon compensates in making new games with new pokemon and new challenges which rose needs.  New quest, new armor, new lvl caps, new possibilities needs to be done to rose.  Almost as if it was a new and improved rose.  

#5 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 16 November 2014 - 05:30 PM

You would just be re-imbursed on the IM you've spent back.  And everything that people have worked or "worked" for will just have to be gone.  That's what comes with a wipe.  People have to remember this is still a game, not life.  I've spent years on my char as well but i'm only thinking what would be best for the server and not best for only the old players.  It would be nice if the dev focused on new content, extending the lvl cap, exp rate, and to make it a little harder to get every single thing in the game which most players that play all the time now, do.  Rose needs to be restarted completely.  Too many people have more chars with the best gear possible and it seems that half the game has already beat it, multiple times, if you ask me.  Just like pokemon, getting all the pokemon in shiny and to lvl 100 is literally completing game, which pokemon compensates in making new games with new pokemon and new challenges which rose needs.  New quest, new armor, new lvl caps, new possibilities needs to be done to rose.  Almost as if it was a new and improved rose.  

Re-imbursing everyone of all the cash they spent on IM would lead Gravity to bankrupcy lol

#6 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 16 November 2014 - 05:36 PM

I'll take my 3grand back in IM points/WP Energy and respend it, anytime :D looool 

#7 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...

Posted 22 November 2014 - 11:47 AM

70% of the already dwindling population would quit.

#8 turnermanxi

turnermanxi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:02 PM

^Good...but highly doubt since everyone would want to jump to be the best....then quit lol.  Especially the ones who are getting their money back in IM like freur LOL.

#9 Paulera

Paulera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationBrasil

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:34 AM

My main character was created past in 2006 and I have no problem with a wipe, I would come back to play. 

However only a wipe would not solve anything. The game would be the same that we have for almost 10 years, so I don't see new players coming to test a game that's already available.

The develop team would be the same, and new content would be created at the same scale.

First you need an investor, a bigger team to develop what is missing and make some drastic changes, and then you can relaunch the game, make new marketing, bring a lot of new

players, and bring back old players.

And here is another problem: an investor would not want to inject money for an old game. Much easier to make Rose Online 2, with new technology, which will not happen.

Edited by Paulera, 25 November 2014 - 05:43 AM.

#10 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:44 AM

How about switching to a new game engine which doesn't consume this much CPU?

How about creating a brand new class? Just saying :P

#11 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in another world
  • Server:Arua

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:03 AM

:I bruh, lets just dont rush to new class n etc :C, first we should fix the damage output n etc, wich means all the stats, n weapons n equipments, and also skills n etc, but also some few crashes n etc D: ..... rushing to new stuffs will made rose worst :C we should be patient

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users