Rune Knight vs Royal Guard paths, help a new out :3 - Page 2 - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Rune Knight vs Royal Guard paths, help a new out :3

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 Chelu

Chelu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 10:02 AM

Is there a way to go for a build that utilizes both IB and DB?

Also, so I don't just forget about the possibility, is there a way to build RGs so their best offense is their defense?

Edited by Chelu, 19 November 2014 - 10:29 AM.

#27 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 November 2014 - 12:26 PM

Utilize IB and DB together? Wouldnt that mean getting Str, Int, Vit and Dex all to 100 base and then the leftover stat points can be dumped wherever you feel like? At that point you just need to swap on and off gears to complement the style you are going to do, a gearset when you are going to IB a mob, then swap out the set to your other set to DB well.

In what way you want their offense to be from a good defense? please specify abit more.

#28 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 12:53 PM

At job 50, all RK builds are either DB + IB or DB + HS. You have more than enough points to get DB + another skill. So skills wise, it's not like you are going to spend the points elsewhere. Stat points definitely do not need to be raised up to 100 to be effective in either skill. Some stats like DEX and INT you can just have 50~70 and you won't be that far off from a "pure" DB or "pure" IB build. You can always pop +20 stat foods for the endgame situations that matter as well.

Utilizing defense as offense... umm... probably not a good idea thinking along those lines. Basically what you need to know is the bare minimum you need to survive certain situations, maybe add some more reductions on top of that so you don't need to break your keyboard spamming potions, and then use the rest on DPS. Pretty much every situation is a balance of defense and offense. You don't want to overly spend on defense if it means sacrificing all offense, and you don't want to put too much into offense if it means you won't survive anything. Pretty much every class will get 80-100 VIT in endgame as far as stats go. Beyond that is just gears. Garment and Shield are usually the primary reduction source, and armor element is also very important for different situations.

#29 SaintMichael

SaintMichael

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationHeaven

Posted 21 November 2014 - 01:40 PM

^^ This right here pretty much exactly what I was going to say xD. Except that an IB build vs a HS build, is that one is a bruiser and the other is a tank, one is more emphasized on str(bruiser, IB) the other is more on vit(tank, HS). This assessment is mainly based off the enchant effects that come from a +9 Peuz and Ur sets. Peuz has pretty much all str enchants, and Ur's has the same amount with vit enchants. So dragon breath is a primary damage skill on a 120 vit hundred spear build, and is a secondary damage skill on a 120 str ignition break build. It's extremely important to note that Dragon Breath is easily countered and should not be used alone, and eventually will be reduced by racial reductions. Also never ever make an all around 100 stat build, all classes have about 3 or more branches that are made to specialize in a certain stat area. What I mean by specialize is that you should always have your primary stat at the max stat cap after job bonuses on every single build that you make, secondary stats should be 100, and the rest of your points should go towards the next best stat. For anyone who doesn't believe me please refer to the temporal boots, mora gloves, and any other specialized gear that gravity has implemented to convey this view.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users