#1 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:39 AM

Stats? Was thinking of INT/DEX/LUK of 20/100/100 respectively. Hopefully decent cooking rate and able to brew a bit (hopefully ranked).

Skills? What I must have and/or must not have? I'm thinking of bomb-cultivating with item-dropping carded gears too to mess with.

The real question is homun leveling. Is it viable to get a 150 Homun S with 99 Genetic with pure potter stat? Was thinking of PD gears to AFK in low TI/spotlight/OD or maybe the alternate map we gonna get (if ever). I know Vani's enough but who knows :P The actual reason I'm going to do 99/50 Genetic is because I'm basically only interested in brewing (which I think still viable with 99/70 Biochem) but I wanna have an Eleanor for aesthetic reason xD

No experience on Genetic at all. Only an 80ish Alch/70 ish Vani atm, dunno if I should continue lol.

#2 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:56 AM

Why only 99? That's a lot of stat points you're giving up, and I can't see any good reason why.

#3 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:16 AM

Lazy :Y

Was just aiming for 99/70 Biochem tbh but having some Genetic crafting skills ain't bad at all (esp since I want Eleanor lol). I have almost zero interest in leveling a Genetic... I could go 150/50 with CC build and reset later but I'm not sure I would. I've no plan on VIP'ing an alt account. Hell I don't even think I can go past job level 20. Maybe I'll stop at 15? I could lso get 10 Special Pharmacy and 2 Mixed Cooking and stop there haha.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:50 AM

You need the levels for crafting though. Prepare Potion, Mix Cooking, and Bomb Creation rely on job level as well as stats, and Special Pharmacy counts both base and job.

The reason people do 99/70 brewer biochems is because on genetic, the rates aren't actually better (this may not be true anymore - I haven't taken an inventory of what gears have recently been added that add stats and are third job only), because you can't make up for losing the 20 job levels. 

#5 Cepo

Cepo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 19 November 2014 - 10:40 AM

I checked the formula posted on IroWiki for brewing/pharmacy its funny cause the points you lose by having 50 jobs on a genetic are capped by the fact that you 50 more base levels to raise the "pharmacy stats". Jobs stats are compensated with the base lvls.

Check out the Green Operation Coat + BioLab Enchants = Best armor for brewing. :D

Edit: I guess you will take in count Godly Equipment for the inventory.

Basically these are the formulas for potion creation based on the known formula:

Genetic 150/50: (10)+(10*3)+(5)+(50*0.2)+(120*0.1)+(120*0.1)+(80*0.05)+(potion rate) = 83%

Biochem 99/70: (10)+(10*3)+(5)+(70*0.2)+(99*0.1)+(99*0.1)+(23*0.05)+(potion rate) = 79.95%

Edit: Those calculations do not include the potion rate %, cause it will be different according the pot you may attempt to create, so you should add or rest that percentage from total % :D

Potion creation math is still disputed; however, the following equation appears to be most accurate at the moment.

Success Rate = (Lvl of Potion Research) + (Lvl of Prepare Potion * 3) + (Lvl of Instruction Change) + (Job Lvl × 0.2) + (DEX × 0.1) + (LUK × 0.1) + (INT × 0.05) + (Potion Rate %)

Based on that and only using base stats, I'm not counting the job bonus stats, the genetic have 3.05% more of success than the Biochemist.

Edited by Cepo, 19 November 2014 - 12:44 PM.

#6 chr0nicles

chr0nicles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:51 PM

I checked the formula posted on IroWiki for brewing/pharmacy its funny cause the points you lose by having 50 jobs on a genetic are capped by the fact that you 50 more base levels to raise the "pharmacy stats". Jobs stats are compensated with the base lvls.

if both have perfect MC slave, increased base stats on genetic won't matter though. since they'll both have the same "after harmonize+MC" stat 129 (more if you use -stat gear/card). hence 99/70 biochemist would have advantange at brewing over 1xx/50 gene.

although i personally prefer having a genetic brewer over biochem, for it has ability to make other useful consumables.

Stats? Was thinking of INT/DEX/LUK of 20/100/100 respectively. Hopefully decent cooking rate and able to brew a bit (hopefully ranked).

Skills? What I must have and/or must not have? I'm thinking of bomb-cultivating with item-dropping carded gears too to mess with.

The real question is homun leveling. Is it viable to get a 150 Homun S with 99 Genetic with pure potter stat? Was thinking of PD gears to AFK in low TI/spotlight/OD or maybe the alternate map we gonna get (if ever). I know Vani's enough but who knows :P The actual reason I'm going to do 99/50 Genetic is because I'm basically only interested in brewing (which I think still viable with 99/70 Biochem) but I wanna have an Eleanor for aesthetic reason xD

No experience on Genetic at all. Only an 80ish Alch/70 ish Vani atm, dunno if I should continue lol.

levelling genetic is fun though. having one at high level won't be a waste either.

i have a hybrid gene basic 90/90/90/90 stat and the rest go to 84 LUK

MC slave with 100LUK 100DEX 90INT

with mediocre brewing gears and +20 foods + AB buffs, i have 100% success rate on acid bombs bottles, 10~12 foods per cooking, 8~9 items per special pharmacy.

never makes slims myself, so no need for higher stat gears.

also doing fine in pvm (10~20% less damage than my battle stat gene)

#7 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:40 PM

Check out the Green Operation Coat + BioLab Enchants = Best armor for brewing. :D

Idk dude spending Blood Thirsts and Ghost Chills to get a perfect - let's say - DEX/LUK+3/3 on a Green Operation Coat vs Valk Armor with DEX/LUK+3 sounds like a waste of money lol.

And tbh I'm not sure if I would get away from low TI, I kinda miss the environment (and the lag haha) since I have most of my chars 101+. I'm aware now that 150/50 Genetic is much, much better to brew tho so I might use this char to brew a bit for fun and self-supplying and not for money. My original intention was to cultivate bombing after all hehe.

Say if I were to level a pure potter, should I be a - at least - hybrid battle to hit 150/50 and reset later or is it possible for a pure potter to level slowly - with an Eleanor homun?

#8 inspectortrix

inspectortrix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Thor

Posted 19 November 2014 - 06:57 PM

got a pure potter genetic on pRO with the following stats, i leveled this with a pure PVM/MVp stats then reset it to become a potter

i got a vanilmirth homunculus, planning on making it to an Eira, got no problem with this build, it can do eden crystal quest

[edit] just need to borrow vs PVM/MVP equipments

str - 1

agi - 1

vit - 1

dex - 115

int - 106

luk - 114

may equips as of now is

+9 Celestial hat - Siorava
Black Devil Mask

no bottom HG
Valkyrian Armor - Baby Leopard
+9 Hood - Green Maiden
Crystal Pumps
Excalibur - Dex5 Enchant
no shield
2x glorious ring
(+2 to all stats)

im planning on having this set....

+9 King Poring hat - Siorava
Advance Welding mask
Bakonawa Armor - Baby Leopard
+9 Manteau - Green Maiden
Crystal Pumps
Excalibur - Dex6 Enchant
Guard - Zealotous
2x Bunch of Carnations

Edited by inspectortrix, 19 November 2014 - 06:58 PM.

#9 aznspikey

aznspikey

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:19 PM

I'd suggest making a Maestro MC Slave so you don't have to invest heavily on dex/luk/int and have low vit/str. That way, you can at least do some PVM/MVP stuff instead of just potting. I kinda feel its a waste to have a 150/50 gene just to pot/cook. 

If I was gonna turn my 99/70 bio potter into 150/50 gene potter, I'd have:

STR 93 + 1

AGI 1 + 5 

VIT 90 + 4

INT 95 + 11

DEX 80 + 6

LUK 86 + 1

Since my Maestro has 100 INT/DEX 84LUK, after Harmonize/MC, I'd have 129 INT/DEX/LUK (no gears) on gene when I pot. I would still be able to do pretty decent DPS during PVM/MVP .  :)

Edited by aznspikey, 19 November 2014 - 07:22 PM.

#10 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:51 PM

Chr0nicals has highlighted another thing about genetic potting - you can do it surprisingly well on a luk-heavy MVP build. That's what I do on my gen.

#11 inspectortrix

inspectortrix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Thor

Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:57 PM

i should try that build since my genetic potter have the fire expansion skill... haha :D

#12 Cepo

Cepo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:39 AM

Chr0nicals has highlighted another thing about genetic potting - you can do it surprisingly well on a luk-heavy MVP build. That's what I do on my gen.

And you pot without God Equip and have 100% success?

Yesterday I set up a equipment build, it show 109.58% of sucess without god equip.

Yeah I may designed a high end build, but its equipment affordable, besides the idea of having a Potter Genetic its to be independent, if you want a cheap option for brewing go to your guildmates and request help to the Brewing Genetic that every guild have or should have.

Edit: Doing a genetic 150/50 for brewing isnt that hard, making my first gen was pretty hard, but i was completely poor new on iRO, and I choose for starting in here the most expensive class on the game :S.

But once I got zenny and was able to make some other chars and get equip I realize that if you already have one genetic, you can do another one pretty fast, and the most important thing is that they can be soloing almost all the way till 150.

Once you reach 150 you just need to reset stats, cause if you are sure of the path you will follow for potter you set your skills for that from the beginning.

Edited by Cepo, 20 November 2014 - 05:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users