Sorcerer's Elemental Summons and Elemental Insignias - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Sorcerer's Elemental Summons and Elemental Insignias

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Larson

Larson

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:52 PM

The Elemental Summons of the Sorcerer are VERY cool... However, they are also very limited in so many ways that you would think they should be available to sage/scholar classes before third class.

I have two suggestions:

My first being increasing the size of insignias. For sorcerers to have so many large AoE skills, its slightly disappointing for one of their most game changing skills to be limited to 3x3 areas. This is all the more disappointing considering that the elemental summons DOMINATE within the 3x3 area and become insane tanks due to level 2 insignia's ability to give elemental attributes to all attacks in the area (I.E. placing a fire Agni within a Fire Insignia = 1 damage to Agni even from biolabs monsters) Its a miracle in itself to get the elemental summons INSIDE of the insignia (considering that players cannot control the movement of elemental summons) but even if the summon stands in the insignia, most high level end monsters have enough attack range to stand outside the insignia and STILL hit the summon standing in the very center of the insignia. 

It's quite sad that in larger parties (TI's in particular), insignias are pretty much useless because no one (and I mean no one for the most part) are trying to hear "Oh, I made a 3x3 area for you to drop the 20 of the monsters you are tanking."

Please, make the insignia's:

lv 1: 7x7
lv 2: 9x9
lv 3: 11x11

If you do this, many things may happen:
1: More people may want to become SUPPORT sorcerers
2: More parties would WANT sorcerers other than being SP slaves
3: Sorcerers would actually USE their summons to assist in battle and not simply be used for active/passive effects (I.E: "I only have my Ventus out because it gives me 1 second fixed cast reduction... Other than that it's useless..."
4: The elemental system MIGHT actually begin to come alive (So you don't have people years after Elemental Summons have been implemented saying "OERRR-MAH-GOD! What is that thing? Does it fight?" They'll just know...)
5: More interaction and coordination with warlocks and sorcerers (I'm sure the intention was for wizards and sages was suppose to be much better considering that sages can actually BOOST the affects of a wizards' spell, yet how often did you really SEE a sage casting Deluge under a wizard?)
6: There would be a lot of people buying skill resets trying to make use of the summon system (I mean... come on... this is a win-win for both sides...)

If this cannot be done, at least acknowledge that summons are obtained when becoming 99+, however they FAIL at killing most monsters that are 99+. If they are not meant to fight high level monsters (which they actually CAN do currently given the right yet rare positioning of insignias), then please do not let make them targetable by monsters.

#2 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaos

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:26 PM

Well, whenever i see threads about changes to skills i feel bitter taste in my mouth since no changes will happen.
That aside, those suggestions sound good, insignia's size is huge downside.
Summons could also make use of AI scripts making them similar to homunculus in that matter

#3 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 27 November 2014 - 06:00 AM

As a sorcerer who uses elementals i don't think it's a good idea.It's a ridiculous buff to something that doesn't need to be buffed.

#4 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 04:47 PM

I think "ridiculous buff" is overstatement.
Also, sorcerer who isnt using elementals is crippling himself.
This being said, the MVP strategy for sorcerer(placing insignia and making summon tank mvp) seems to be impossible to execute for me.

#5 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:10 PM

I think "ridiculous buff" is overstatement.
Also, sorcerer who isnt using elementals is crippling himself.
This being said, the MVP strategy for sorcerer(placing insignia and making summon tank mvp) seems to be impossible to execute for me.

I meant sorcerer who uses elementals exclusively.

Keep practising.It becomes easier over time.

And yes,it is a ridiculous buff considering the ramifications it will have for WoE and general PvM.

Edited by sb120495, 27 November 2014 - 07:11 PM.

#6 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:42 AM

I meant sorcerer who uses elementals exclusively.

Keep practising.It becomes easier over time.

And yes,it is a ridiculous buff considering the ramifications it will have for WoE and general PvM.

To clarify, by "hard to execute" I meant summon being retarded, not size of insignias.
Furthermore, how would it be OP in PvM? Effect stays the same. Its big enough to hold boss and tank on it.
Sorcerer using insignia to tank mob while lvling? For real...

About woe, I don't know. Woe overall is a showtime of wannabe heroes(sura, gx, lk & ranger etc) and other classes just standing still and spamming aoe or buffs. Replace bots and nobody would even notice.
Sura will snap out, gx backslide, lk has fixed element skills, same goes to gene, mecha will roll out...
In the end, the only class affected would be ranger.

#7 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:07 AM

I understand you want it mostly for a PVM setting, but it can't work without affecting a PVP/WoE Setting. Making X skill do 2x more dmg (i forget exactly how much it is) on 11x11 sounds pretty broken. It would be really nice if they could let you relocate the skill without a cooldown though, kinda like deluge/whirlwind/volcano. That alone would make me want to invest in an insignia like skill. 

#8 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:53 AM

I understand you want it mostly for a PVM setting, but it can't work without affecting a PVP/WoE Setting. Making X skill do 2x more dmg (i forget exactly how much it is) on 11x11 sounds pretty broken. It would be really nice if they could let you relocate the skill without a cooldown though, kinda like deluge/whirlwind/volcano. That alone would make me want to invest in an insignia like skill. 

You clearly don't know what are you talking about. Go to ro wiki, read about insignias and come back.
Insignias doesn't do any damage.

Edit: forgot about %dmg part, sorry Braska

Edited by asperatus, 07 December 2014 - 06:42 AM.

#9 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:04 AM

You clearly don't know what are you talking about. Go to ro wiki, read about insignias and come back.

The only thing wrong in that post is 2x which should be 1.5x(which he said he forgot).I think you should be the one reading the wiki before being rude.

#10 Larson

Larson

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:59 PM

Yea... The guy did not say that the skill does damage... but rather increases damage... and according to

IROwiki:
"Create a 3x3 Wind property crest on the targeted location, where Wind property entities will regain 1% HP every 5 seconds, Water property entities will drain 1% HP every 5 seconds, and Earth property damage will increase by 50%. Each cast consumes Yellow Wish Points depending on the skill level."

I'm with the poster above me though: you SHOULD read careful before telling others to read again and come back so rudely lol...

#11 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:40 AM

I admit, I forgot about % dmg part. Sorry for being rude.
But honestly, does it matter at all? In woe you won't even notice that damage... Like, 1% of 20-30k of player's hp? How are you gonna keep enemy in it? Spamming web and vacuum? It would be nothing but a waste of time.
Now lets move to increase elemental damage part. Don't forget about size and cooldown of insignia. One can have only 1 active at the time. And since cooldown is long, you are basically rendered immobile. Maybe this could find some usage in precast. I've never seen anyone bother with insignias in woe.
About mvp: to put it simple, I fail to understand how size change would affect hunting mvp as sorcerer, be it solo or in party.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users