Stupid Question....really really stupid question... - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Stupid Question....really really stupid question...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 xfade0awayx

xfade0awayx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos?

Posted 19 November 2014 - 10:34 PM

While researching cards, i came upon these descriptions

"...when doing melee attacks"

"...when doing ranged attacks"

"...when doing physical attacks"

"...when inflicting physical damage"

.....etc

Am I right to believe any kind of "physical" attack and/or damage includes both melee and ranged actions?

For example, if I were to slot an Injustice Card to a bow or gun, the effect will still activate based on that %chance?

#2 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 19 November 2014 - 10:46 PM

injustice card works on melee or ranged attacks (bow melee/gun melee).... status effects can work with skills but skills cannot proc off other skills (most of the time there are a few exceptions)... melee attacks are considered ctrl+click up close attacks... its gets a little crazy with the effect descriptions not being consistent all the time...

#3 xfade0awayx

xfade0awayx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:57 AM

so all the "physical" part of every description means melee or range attacks right?

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:35 AM

The card descriptions use multiple phrases to refer to the same type of effect - it's as if the translators for one batch of items/cards don't know the convention used for the previous batch. 

With very few exceptions, everything that autocasts a skill while attacking (or "inflicting damage", "doing physical attacks", "doing melee attacks", etc) works the same way - it procs on normal, non-skill attacks only, regardless of whether the attack is ranged. 

Things that inflict status effects (directly, not autocasting some skill that inflicts statii), however, do work through skills.

#5 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:39 AM

With very few exceptions, everything that autocasts a skill while attacking (or "inflicting damage", "doing physical attacks", "doing melee attacks", etc) works the same way - it procs on normal, non-skill attacks only, regardless of whether the attack is ranged. 

The exceptions i know of are provoke and absorb spirit sphere.They function like normal non-skill attacks.

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:38 AM

Oh yeah. Provoke and  Absorb count as non-skill attacks Also, hits from reflect effects that reflect a portion of physical damage count as non-skill hits. 

#7 Cepo

Cepo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:45 AM

For the record, is not a stupid question, its actually pretty valid.

#8 xfade0awayx

xfade0awayx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 01:18 AM

Thank You Cepo...i jus thought the question itself was redundant but i really couldn't figure it out.

AND THANK YOU DrAzzy. That really really helps..i was hoping for an in-dept explanation too :D so thank you Again. I'm digging your "AzzyAi"...i need to read the manual again..cuhz in the past when i had a mercernary, homunc, and a pet out...it really lagged my system. I still think its because my desktop doesn't have the quality specs it needs but i figured i might find something helpful in the manual.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users